Team Assault Disciplines

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Team Assault Disciplines

Post by IronFist00 »

I had some time during lunch so I did a quick and dirty compilation of the Disciplines in Word. I pasted them below and also attached the Word document.

Conscript Squad (-15 CR): The squad consists of soldiers fresh from the assembly line. These soldiers have less training and are therefore cheaper to field. However, they have lowered combat effectiveness in the form of lowered initiative by 1, reduced accuracy, they suffer more damage to their morale from enemy fire and take an even larger blow to their morale when their squad leader is taken out of action. Conscripts cannot have any other disciplines.

Drilled Marksman (10 CR): The squad has had some improved weapons training on the shooting range. This gives the squad increased accuracy with any weapon they use.

War Veterans (15 CR): The squad's members are all experienced soldiers and they have been in combat several times before. They have seen soldiers, some, probably their friends, be killed by enemy fire. The squad does not suffer any damage to their morale when soldiers in their squad are killed or wounded. Their morale is only damaged if they abandon wounded comrades. The squad has also learned how to communicate better in combat, adding +1 to the squad's initiative.

Recon Unit (10 CR): The squad is trained for front line reconnaissance. When the squad sprints, enemy squads firing on it suffer additional negative modifiers to their accuracy. Also, the squad detects stealth enemy squads at greater distances and is better at spotting enemy devices, such as mines and demolition charges.

Assault Squad (5 CR): The squad is trained to strike the enemy fast and effectively. They regain morale from eliminating enemy squads and recover more morale than other squads when capturing a control point.

Physical Endurance (5 CR): Hard physical training has made the squad capable of carrying more than most others. They can be twice as encumbered as other squads before their movement is reduced. In addition, the squad loses less stamina when they sprint than other squads.

Battle-Hardened (10 CR): The squad has been under heavy enemy fire and has learned, either by training or experience, how to use their surroundings to their advantage. If the squad is in cover, it is even harder to hit than normal, and if hit, the soldiers have a slightly increased chance of being wounded instead of killed.
Attachments
Team Assault Disciplines.zip
Disciplines
(11.79 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Team Assault Disciplines

Post by Laxen »

Nice :) Got any favourite disciplines so far?
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 »

I do indeed! War Veterans is my first choice, always. Drilled Marksman is my second believe it or not. Battle-hardened would be third. My first choice is why the Fallschirmjägers are my favorite included Force.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

For me - it totally depends on the squad and what their job will be.
:wink:
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

Oh, Wer Veterans in first place. Nice. It's a neat discipline - especially if you're tired of getting your morale broken (and maybe especially by sniper fire). Myself I put battle-hardened in first place. The few defensive bonuses available are treasured highly to me. With battle-hardened, even light cover offer decent protection and one can still fire while utilizing the bonus (unlike recon units who must sprint). If also taking cover while in cover, one is extremely hard to hit by long range fire.

There's no shame in liking Drilled Marksmen :P Drilled Marksmen have its charm too, though it is pretty straight forward. If combined with axis rifles one can get some very good shots for a reasonable price.

And of course it all depends on the nature of the squad, I agree. But still. Sometimes one, at least I do, design the squads after which disciplines I feel like using. Especially recon squads are often put together so that I can use their scouting ability at its best!
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio

Return to “Team Assault”