Map editor test

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

nomet
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Map editor test

Post by nomet »

Extract the TA_editor.exe to the root folder in your game. We would love to see someone here at the forum try it out before we release it in a patch.
Attachments
TA_Editor.rar
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 569 times
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Map editor test

Post by Xerkis »

Just a "quick" reply while at lunch from work.
Found a few minor things so far - I will do some "testing" and post a more complete report hopefully tonight.

But let's just say for now - it looks like I'm back up and running.
:D
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

OK – I messed something up here. Big time.
:(

I Installed the Map Editor – had some issues with that. Simply unzipping it had it an extra folder level down when I did it. So I just cut/paste it up one level. No big deal – right?
Able to do some work in the Editor – made some notes along the way. All seemed good.

Went to test out my map – TA crashed. Typical me – had a ton of stuff open, so I closed everything down and restarted. My map crashed again. I noticed it does it at the same instance each time - when someone fires on someone else.

OK, maybe something is messed up with my map – good assumption.

Restart TA with a standard map – game crashes – same time. . . . when someone (doesn’t matter if it’s me or the AI) takes a shot at the other.
:shock:

So obviously something with the Map Editor – or I should I say – the way I installed it. Messed up my game now. I’m sure that an uninstall and reinstall of the game will bring the game back to life. But before I do any of that – I will leave it the way it is just in case anyone at Zeal would like me to check anything first.

But then, the important question will be – once TA is back up and running – is to get the Editor installed correctly. There is a weekend coming up and a map editor would be a superb thing to have.
:wink:
Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Laxen »

As you know Xerkis, we're looking into this! (Just wanted everybody else to know this too.)
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio

Return to “Team Assault”