Couple questions

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

rich12545
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Couple questions

Post by rich12545 »

Haven't ordered yet but still looking. Just a few questions if you don't mind.

1. During a round does one side move all units first based on initiative and then the other side? Or does the active unit go back and forth between sides based on the initiative?

2. Will reaction fire be implemented in a patch?

3. Will units be able to utilize the inside of buildings in a patch?

Thanks.
Lillarpy
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Couple questions

Post by Lillarpy »

rich12545 wrote:Haven't ordered yet but still looking. Just a few questions if you don't mind.

1. During a round does one side move all units first based on initiative and then the other side? Or does the active unit go back and forth between sides based on the initiative?

2. Will reaction fire be implemented in a patch?

3. Will units be able to utilize the inside of buildings in a patch?

Thanks.
Don't mind at all :)

All Squads(units) have an initiative value mostly based upon what commander that squad have. And than all Squads is activated based upon that initiative.

So the answer to your first question is really, Both. If you build an force, with just squads with initiative 1, and your opponent have a force with just initiative 9, all his squads will get activate before yours. But if he have a squad with initiative 9, you a 8, he a 7, you a 6 etc, than it will go back and forth.

Also the initiative is dynamic in a match so for example if a squad's squad leader dies that squads initiative will be lowered.

Also you build your own forces and therefor decide your own initiative for each squad, but higher initiative makes more expensive squads.

I can unfortunately not answer question 2 and 3 at this given moment! We would love to experience with them both but I can absolutely not promise anything at all.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

I can’t answer on the “patch” part either.

1) But I can say that once you figure out certain mechanics of the game and especially on how to build a good solid force – the reaction fire is not missed and easily overcome.
I still am one that would love to see this put in to the game in some form – as long as it is done correctly.
:)
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Thanks for the info. When the patch comes out with the finished manual I'll probably get it. I looked at the demo manual and it looks very good. Just putting in a white background for easier printing is excellent.

I'm really more interested in being able to use the inside of buildings than reaction fire and hope that is implemented in a future patch. That would add a lot to the game imo. And I hope you can resist the urge to add a lot of tanks into the mix. There are already enough games with that. Even here at Slithering. Battle Academy is one example. Please just keep it an infantry game.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

rich12545 wrote:Thanks for the info. When the patch comes out with the finished manual I'll probably get it. I looked at the demo manual and it looks very good. Just putting in a white background for easier printing is excellent.

I'm really more interested in being able to use the inside of buildings than reaction fire and hope that is implemented in a future patch. That would add a lot to the game imo. And I hope you can resist the urge to add a lot of tanks into the mix. There are already enough games with that. Even here at Slithering. Battle Academy is one example. Please just keep it an infantry game.
I don't think you need to worry about the tanks. they just don't have a place in this game.
:wink:
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Just been looking at the game a bit and think I'm going to like it quite a bit. I can see why the buildings don't support using the inside and I'm not sure that can be done. Doesn't look like a big problem for me though.

Just one UI question. How do I turn off the opening videos? Sorry but they're annoying even the couple of seconds it takes to click them off.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Good to hear. It’s no secret, I think the game is awesome.

As far as the start up videos,
I always start up TA and click twice because I want to get to the game myself and it saves about 10 seconds.
;)

But to turn them off so that they don't even start - I'm not sure that is possible. I did a quick look around and didn’t find anything.
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Too bad. Intro videos that can't be turned off are a pet peeve of mine. I think it's really crappy when companies include them. Removing the files or substituting a renamed txt file doesn't work. I'm going to see if I can figure out how to make a blank avi otherwise I'll have to put up with it. Very irritating.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

If just clicking through them is sufficient, then a blank avi file “should” work.
Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Laxen »

I don't know if the videos can be easily bypassed, but feel free to experiment in how to achieve this. We didn't know it would be such an annoyance to some players, sorry :)

If we get the time over, we might see if we can make it a setting in the config file or something like that, but no promises.

The new manual is done and will be included in the next patch of the game!
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

I don't know when the next patch will be available but since the manual is done, is there any reason it can't be made available at least to those of us who have purchased the game? The MG members section is one way it can be done if you want to restrict it to purchasers.
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Another question.

I understand the game automatically saves after every round. How can I resume that save?
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

rich12545 wrote:Another question.

I understand the game automatically saves after every round. How can I resume that save?
When you go to start a new Skirmish – where you pick your maps – scroll to the very bottom. The save files show there. Just pick it and click start.

If you want rename or do any with the files themselves; you can find them in the folder …….. My Games\Team Assault\Levels\
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Ok, thanks.
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

Well done Xerkis :)

And about the Manual; I'm pretty sure we'll make it available to the public. We don't have any issues with stuff like that at all. The patch should be available any time soon. Next week or so (I'm not directly in charge of that). And I'll see if I can get the manual uploaded before that or else way uploaded here by then.
Rasmus Davidsson
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

How do I change a hotkey to use the num pad? I've tried a couple different ways that don't work.

How's the patch (with the finished manual) coming along?
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

rich12545 wrote:How do I change a hotkey to use the num pad? I've tried a couple different ways that don't work.
I failed at this as well.
Zeal, what’s the secret or is it somehow not possible within the game?
:?
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Just tried the delete key. That doesn't work either.
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

Seems as if binding to these keys aren't possible right now. We have no support for it implemented. If this is something very desirable, let us know and we might add it in a patch when we prioritize it.

Patch is going forward, thanks for asking :) Might be done this week or next. And I'm still trying to get my hand on a finished manual for upload.
Rasmus Davidsson
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

The latest manual is apparently already uploaded on the forum (1.2), and have been so for a while. My bad :)

It includes info about the status icons and stuff like that.
Rasmus Davidsson

Return to “Team Assault”