First Impressions????

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: First Impressions????

Post by Xerkis »

Ryben wrote:Thanks for the hotkey tips, i´ve missed them.

Sorry if my review was a bit too harsh. After all, it was a "first impression". I´m going to play a few more games this weekend and will let you know my "second impression".
Not too harsh at all.

There is a lot to this game and most of it is hidden and not all that easy to figure out on your own. It can – and is – frustrating to play if you don’t know some or all of these hidden features too.
So yours and others like yours initial reviews are most understandable.

But that is why I like to try and read in-between the lines of the review and see what is really going on – and I do believe it is simply not knowing parts of the game that need to be known to fully enjoy it.
:D
Ryben
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Ryben »

Playing right now, the "H" key has proven VERY useful. Now i´m able to know what the enemy forces are and where they are positioned. Definetly the game experience is improving :D

On the other hand i have experienced a couple of freezes, one when trying to play the videos and other in mid-game.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Ryben wrote:On the other hand i have experienced a couple of freezes, one when trying to play the videos and other in mid-game.
A lot seem to have issue with the video. Myself being one of those. there are at least 2 or 3 threads on that very issue. I do believe (hope) Zeal is looking in to that one.
They seem to work fine outside of the game (for me and some others) but not with in the game.

Mid-game, i also get from time to time - but or me I know it's because I over tax my laptop that I play on. So it's more me and my laptop than it is the game.
:oops:
But if I restart the game - I can load up the save file and start where I left off and no big deal.
:)
Ryben

Post by Ryben »

Xerkis wrote: But if I restart the game - I can load up the save file and start where I left off and no big deal.
How do you save?
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Ryben wrote:
Xerkis wrote: But if I restart the game - I can load up the save file and start where I left off and no big deal.
How do you save?
It's done automaticly for you.... they are in the folder ..... My Games\Team Assault\Levels\
nomet
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by nomet »

just scroll down on the map choice. last in the list is all your saves! :)
Ryben

Post by Ryben »

Oh, thank you! I am falling sleep but im in the middle of a firefight and would like to continue tomorrow.

Definetly enjoying the game now that i have a better understanding of the rules. First impression was poor but a second try had reveal a little gem. People, don´t get discouraged, we have a winner here! :D

There´s still room for improvement though, would love to have an editor and be able to mod the units.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Ryben wrote:Oh, thank you! I am falling sleep but im in the middle of a firefight and would like to continue tomorrow.

Definetly enjoying the game now that i have a better understanding of the rules. First impression was poor but a second try had reveal a little gem. People, don´t get discouraged, we have a winner here! :D

There´s still room for improvement though, would love to have an editor and be able to mod the units.
This is all we ask for --- You need to give it some time and a chance. this game is so well worth it

And there is an editor --- it just isn't released yet.... but it's coming soon
nomet

Post by nomet »

the textures should be found in the game files thay all end with ".dds" both gimp and photoshop have plugins to view these files and modify them. .dds is directX format for textur compression. leaf has been working on the level editor the entire last week said that it shoul be ready sometime bect week.
boerkameel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by boerkameel »

Ryben wrote:Oh, thank you! I am falling sleep but im in the middle of a firefight and would like to continue tomorrow.

If you're looking for basic editing of the units (used weapons, outfit, grenades, ...), you'll find all this in the Force Builder, if you haven't done so already.
Launch it from the game, and Load an existing squad to customize it, or create a New squad from scratch.
The basic squads are good to get a feel of the game, but most of the fun comes from building your own squads, adapted to your play style.

Btw, good to see that finding out what the tricks of the game are turned around your impression of it!
Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Laxen »

gortwillsaveus wrote:Just checked my PayPal account and I was happy to see that I had $25.00 there.
Guess what I'm buying in 2 seconds.

Thanks for the 1st impressions everyone.
Awesome! ;D
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Just finished my first game and lost. Well, it was really to learn how the game works.

This is simply an incredibly great game. At this point, other than being able to get rid of the opening videos, I can't think of anything I'd like to change or anything of import I'd like to add. I might think of something later but, so far, nothing comes to mind. And the AI is decent even with the default forces. The game has that want to keep playing feeling.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

rich12545 wrote:Just finished my first game and lost. Well, it was really to learn how the game works.

This is simply an incredibly great game. At this point, other than being able to get rid of the opening videos, I can't think of anything I'd like to change or anything of import I'd like to add. I might think of something later but, so far, nothing comes to mind. And the AI is decent even with the default forces. The game has that want to keep playing feeling.
Awesome! We love to hear these reports. Even after playing for way more hours than I can count, I still enjoy it. . . .And I still have more than enough loses as well.
:D
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

I'm very glad to hear that rich (and so is the rest of the studio)! Thanks a lot for letting us know :)
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio

Return to “Team Assault”