Zeal game studio introduction!

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

nomet
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Zeal game studio introduction!

Post by nomet »

Hi all my name is Robin and I'm the CEO of Zeal game studio, the makers of TA.

First off most of these questions and answers are already in this forum: viewforum.php?f=135.

But I will of course answer them here too. :) Team Assault is a project developed by a bunch of really dedicated people that had a a dream to return the turn-based tactics to the market. When we started the development we where happily unknowing and working on the dream to become a game studio. We worked hard on this game on all the free time we had and was finally signed by slitherine a few years back. At the time we where greatly inspired by table top games and wanted Team Assault to be a multiplayer only experience to mirror that same essence of fun that we experienced from table top games. Later we found out that most players prefer a single player campaign we learned our lesson and added AI and a skirmish mode. It was to late to build the campaign in to the game. Even if we still have the dream that TA will be a successful game and that people will love the idea of what we set out to do. TA has many faults but we hope those who dig deeper will see that it weight's up its flaws with it's deep gameplay. Many of the unique things with Team Assault is it's weapon system and real line of sight. That the game takes lots of energy delivering morale and an advanced system. We have spent over 3 years developing this game back and forth and now today we are a real game studio with other big games in our pipeline. Much of what we are today we have Team Assault to thank for. We hope that all of you who gives the game a chance will see the hard work that has been put in to making it. If you like the idea of a new era of turn-based tactics we would love nothing else but to make new games just like this one but with our new engine and with a sprawling campaign. It is all up to if the game is successful or not. Right now Zeal does not have the financed resources to make games that are not founded by publishers. From all of us here at zeal who have bled and cried to make this game happen.

Thank you for your time. Best Regards, Robin Flodin and everyone at Zeal game studio!
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Zeal game studio introduction!

Post by Xerkis »

Long time coming and so awesome that it is finally here.

May the success be as fantastic as the game is.
:D
boerkameel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Zeal game studio introduction!

Post by boerkameel »

I very much like the idea of a new generation of turn based strategy games, thus I'm the happy owner of TA since it's release date.
Thank you for putting 3 years of effort into the game! It shows.
Now the only thing you need is a strong PR campaign to get the sales up :) I do recommend sorting out the manual and training videos first, most people I've spoken to needed some pointers to find the features they appreciate. I can completely understand this, being your first game, I guess you guys have been dreaming TA for the past 3 years, it's hard to move to the mindset of someone new to the game.
All in all, I think TA has the potential to become a hit for it's target audience. And I'm hoping to be able to assist you guys to polish off some rough edges, as respect to all the effort you put in it!

By the way - I hope I'm allowed to put this here - did you hear about what Brian Fargo, the former CEO of Interplay (RIP) did with his Wasteland 2 project? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

Return to “Team Assault”