Team Assault Wish List

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Team Assault Wish List

Post by Xerkis »

The idea was given that a “wish list” thread should be started for Team Assault. And this is now that thread.

List your ideas for Team Assault here. If they are something that needs more discussion or there already is a thread on your idea, please include the link to the thread that talks about the idea. This way this thread can be kept cleaner for the developers to see what we all are thinking.

Thanks

Last updated 05Nov2011
For detail on the ideas, either follow the link (if there is one) or search this thread.

Xerkis:
• Have tanks and other vehicles. Thread Here
• Suppressing fire on an area. Thread Here
• Able to name individual soldiers either in game play or in Force Builder. Thread Here
• Option to continue playing after victory/loss.
• Have Snow and Rain skirmishes.
• An after skirmish stats screen.
• External files for weapons, outfits, countries, etc. so that player modding can be done.

Baptize:
• Big maps to fully utilize tanks, planes, transportation, etc... Thread here
• Using night goggles when pitch black

VonRyan:
• Night missions in the game plus the equipment needed such as trip flares, flare gun and tin cans.
• D-Day breach landing battles.
• Bridge assault such as the Pegasus Bridge, and the "Horsa Bridge",
• Green, red, yellow etc smoke
• Able to save games
• Russian campaign – rain, mud, snow, ice
• Africa & the Middle East – desert - heat, dust, sand (lack of water?)
• Option to print a detailed list of your force (team squad)
• Vietnam or Korean mod (add-on)
• Flexibility to handle earlier battles such as the American Civil War, The English Civil War, etc.

Laxen:
• Night combat for the first 1 or 2 turns of a game and then it becomes as normal (simulating a dawn assault)

Teamgene:
• Crawling Thread here
• Smoke round for bazookas
Last edited by Xerkis on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Here are some of mine for a start.

• Have tanks and other vehicles. Thread Here
• Suppressing fire on an area. Thread Here
• Able to name individual soldiers either in game play or in Force Builder. Thread Here

Edit: added thread for Soldier Name
Last edited by Xerkis on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lillarpy
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Lillarpy »

Xerkis wrote: • Able to name individual soldiers either in game play or in Force Builder.
I like this idea! All the soldiers that served you well in battle could be honored by having their name in that squad for ever!

Also I could send Private Laxen head on into every battle :D
teamgene
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by teamgene »

Problem is then you got to police names so they are not offensive in multi-player situations.
baptize
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by baptize »

1. Direct control like MOW or is it implemented already?
2. Big maps to fully utilize tanks, planes, transportation, etc...
3. Medic, if someone is injured and unable to heal themselves then someone else can heal them!
4. Bullet drop.
5. Recoil

Basically to sum it up, what i like to see is a mix of ARMA2 and MOW, it would be the best RTS ever made.

Good work, can't wait.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

baptize wrote:1. Direct control like MOW or is it implemented already?
3. Medic, if someone is injured and unable to heal themselves then someone else can heal them!
4. Bullet drop.
5. Recoil

Basically to sum it up, what i like to see is a mix of ARMA2 and MOW, it would be the best RTS ever made.

Good work, can't wait.
1) Never played MOW, so not sure what you mean by this one.
2) Lots of people talking about this one. Hopefully in a later release or a sequel.
3) It’s in there.
4) This one is there too. Range has a major effect on chance to hit your target.
5) And this one too. Part of the game.

I think there is enough of that mix that will not disappoint you.
:wink:
baptize

Post by baptize »

Xerkis wrote:
4. Bullet drop.
5. Recoil

Good work, can't wait.
2) Lots of people talking about this one. Hopefully in a later release or a sequel.
3) It’s in there.
4) This one is there too. Range has a major effect on chance to hit your target.

wow, you got my blood flowing now!
Direct control is when you can let's say take control of a tank and use the arrow keys to move it around, change primary/secondary weapons, aim, fire, etc... it's a nice feature to use once in a while rather than leaving it to the AI.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

baptize wrote:
Xerkis wrote:
4. Bullet drop.
5. Recoil

Good work, can't wait.
3) It’s in there.

Direct control is when you can let's say take control of a tank and use the arrow keys to move it around, change primary/secondary weapons, aim, fire, etc... it's a nice feature to use once in a while rather than leaving it to the AI.
Well, at the risk of sending you to the ER from too much excitement in anticipation – let’s see if this is close to what you mean.
:D

Say you have a squad of 5 men. You can move each man to exactly where you want him to move. Spread them out, hide behind some sandbags, etc. They do need to be within a certain range of each other; you can’t have one squad spread out across the entire map.
And then you can decide what each man in your squad is going to be doing. Take cover, fire main weapon, throw a grenade, place a demolition charge, etc.
Also, if you happen to want to engage several enemy squads at once you can do that too. Have 2 men fire on one enemy squad, 1 man fire on a different squad, 1 man throw a smoke grenade for general cover, and the last man try to use first aid on a wounded soldier from a different squad that is nearby.

How’s that?
baptize

Post by baptize »

Xerkis wrote:
baptize wrote:
Xerkis wrote: 1) Never played MOW, so not sure what you mean by this one.
3) It’s in there.

Well, at the risk of sending you to the ER from too much excitement in anticipation – let’s see if this is close to what you mean.

Say you have a squad of 5 men. You can move each man to exactly where you want him to move. Spread them out, hide behind some sandbags, etc. They do need to be within a certain range of each other; you can’t have one squad spread out across the entire map.
And then you can decide what each man in your squad is going to be doing. Take cover, fire main weapon, throw a grenade, place a demolition charge, etc.
Also, if you happen to want to engage several enemy squads at once you can do that too. Have 2 men fire on one enemy squad, 1 man fire on a different squad, 1 man throw a smoke grenade for general cover, and the last man try to use first aid on a wounded soldier from a different squad that is nearby.

How’s that?
9f*ing11.......

i guess this is direct control then :D .
Please take my money.....
Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Laxen »

Haha, seems as we've done a few things right then :)

Keep the wish list going. I'll keep an eye on it and remember what you guys want for the future!
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio
MajVonRyan
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MajVonRyan »

It would great to include a few night missions in the game plus the equipment needed such as trip flares, flare gun and tin cans. I wondered if it would be possible to include a few old tin can's which can be placed on the wire, to warn the troops of a possible attack? But not so many that it would be impossible to cut (I hope it is included) the barbed wire entanglements.

(Laxen / Xerkis, how do I post a link to another thread?) :roll:
Last edited by MajVonRyan on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
MajVonRyan
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MajVonRyan »

What about a D-Day breach landing and since (at this time) it would not be possible to include moving landing craft, how about fixed landing craft. Which would mean that the starting locations for the allies or if the Germans (operation Sea Lion / Unternehmen Seelöwe in German ) would be in the landing craft. 8)

Reforcements could land via the landcraft, if there is an option of having reforcements (delayed entry of squads eg: 1, 2 turns)

Flame throwers, demo charges, bangalore torpedo's, smoke, mines, wire etc (maybe green, red, yellow etc smoke) :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwars/ ... 2_01.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_ ... _of_battle
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

@ vonRyan
The night missions would be awesome!
8)

And by the way, Flame throwers, demo charges, smoke (grenades), mines are already in the game.
Also, reinforcements are too.
Color smoke would be cool too, add a bit more flavor to it.

…. Rats! I had another idea but got too excited by reading yours that I forgot mine now.
:roll:
MajVonRyan
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MajVonRyan »

How about a bridge assault such as the Pegasus Bridge, and the "Horsa Bridge", which is a few hundred yards to the east, over the Orne River.

(Hint) The Pegasus Bridge was assaulted by Airborne troops from (6) gliders at night :D :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegasus_Bridge

http://www.theworldatwar.info/pegasusbridge.html
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

Night combat noted. Would be really cool to add some day. Can really see it working in the game's system (LOS limits, reduced accuracy, things that reveal/remove accuracy loss against lit up targets).

VonRyan: To link a thread, just copy the thread's address and use it in an ordinary url link and rename like this:

(url=http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28697)This thread(/url)

with "[" and "]" instead of "(" and ")" becomes:

This thread
Rasmus Davidsson
MajVonRyan
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MajVonRyan »

Laxen wrote:Night combat noted. Would be really cool to add some day. Can really see it working in the game's system (LOS limits, reduced accuracy, things that reveal/remove accuracy loss against lit up targets).

VonRyan: To link a thread, just copy the thread's address and use it in an ordinary url link and rename like this:

(url=http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28697)This thread(/url)

with "[" and "]" instead of "(" and ")" becomes:

This thread
Thanks 8)
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

* Option to continue playing after victory/loss.

Many times the game just really starts to get overly intense and then the “Victory” screen comes up. Would be nice to add an option to be able to continue the playing even though the game is technically over.
baptize

Post by baptize »

VonRyan wrote:It would great to include a few night missions in the game plus the equipment needed such as trip flares, flare gun and tin cans. I wondered if it would be possible to include a few old tin can's which can be placed on the wire, to warn the troops of a possible attack? But not so many that it would be impossible to cut (I hope it is included) the barbed wire entanglements.

(Laxen / Xerkis, how do I post a link to another thread?) :roll:
yea this would be nice, also possibility of using night goggles when pitch black!
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

Xerkis: Well, you could always play annihilation instead of area control ;)

baptize: Night goggles would be cool. I'm not sure how much it was actually used (although the technology was available), but hopefully much enough to include it in the game. Hearts of Iron has it so... They could be used to lower the accuracy loss from darkness quite easily. Problem is that it would be a waste of CR for day light battles, which makes you having squads that you do not want to deploy in other combats then night combats because they wouldn't be worth their cost. But I guess one would have a dedicated night combat force then.

Another cool idea could be like how they do in some scenarios in warhammer 40k, where it is night combat for the first 1 or 2 turns of a game and then it becomes as normal (simulating a dawn assault). This is quite smart because it gives a first few advances covered by darkness for both sides.
Rasmus Davidsson
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Laxen wrote:Xerkis: Well, you could always play annihilation instead of area control ;)
True that. But if I’m playing Control and then think that a few more turns might be real nice to have, I can’t switch over to Annihilation.

Besides, the “feel” of the point of the game when playing Control is more enjoyable I think. It is more like what mission in WW2 were about. Not many – if any – where about total annihilation of the enemy.
:)

Return to “Team Assault”