Spanish partisan in Africa (not Spanish Morocco)

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

TotalerKrieg
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Spanish partisan in Africa (not Spanish Morocco)

Post by TotalerKrieg »

I am playing a GS 3.0 game, hotseat, with the Spanish in the war as part of the Axis. The Western Allies have liberated Agradir and Casablanca, which apparently was not popular with the local population as Spanish partisans have risen up south of Casablanca... :) See picture below I assume this is a minor bug...

I have also seen a convoy get disoriented after attack by Axis subs and sail through Axis-controlled Gibraltar in this game. I can post the image from that if you would like to see it as well. I think you know about this bug already though so I haven't posted it.
OxfordGuy3
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Spanish partisan in Africa (not Spanish Morocco)

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

On page 624 of the manual it says this:

"...if Spain joins the Axis then Morocco is changed to Spanish core owner"

This could be why the partisan spawned?
TotalerKrieg
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Spanish partisan in Africa (not Spanish Morocco)

Post by TotalerKrieg »

That would make sense. I am not sure having Morocco form Spanish partisans or be assigned to Spain once Spain is active in the game makes sense from a historical perspective. I guess the intent was that, for Spain to be activated, Morocco would already be Axis controlled and then (in theory) given to Spain by a happy Hitler. I am not sure though that native Moroccans would show any loyalty to Spain based on this outcome. Anyway, I am sure Stauffenberg and the rest of the GS crew saw this post and they can decide if it is a bug or not.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”