FTP Mac download problems query

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

JimR
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

FTP Mac download problems query

Post by JimR »

Greetings, Mac beta testers. I upgraded to Mac OS 10.7 on my desktop computer recently, and since then I have not been able to get FileZilla to download from the @ftp.slithdata.net address. Even after reinstalling FileZilla to be sure I had the latest version, and then ordering it to reconnect to the server, I will see the list of files including the latest Mac-CEAW Grand Strategy-v210.zip, but I cannot download them. Double-clicking on a file gets a "failed transfer" message.

This same thing occurred earlier on my laptop, which I bought last year so it had come pre-installed with OS 10.7. What has changed now is that I recently switched from OS 10.6 to OS 10.7 on the desktop computer, and that switch in OS versions would seem to be the "culprit."

Have any others encountered this? Do you know of a workaround? Is there a step-by-step process I could follow in order to re-enter the relevant data in the various boxes at the top of the FileZilla window? (Host; Username; Password; Port), rather than reply on the "Reconnect" command?

Thanks.
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: FTP Mac download problems query

Post by pk867 »

Hi,
On the leftside of the panel in Filezilla what is the listing? If it is showing "./" it is trying to copy to the root of the drive which is not allowed.

On the leftside scroll down until you see the Applications folder and double-click that so the path is pointing to the Applications folder.

Instead of double-clicking on the file to be downloaded I right click and select download.

See if this helps.

email me a screen shot of the FileZilla window if this does not fix it and we can play email tag. :)
JimR

Re: FTP Mac download problems query

Post by JimR »

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”