Final GS v2.1 build files made

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Final GS v2.1 build files made

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Paul and Ronnie have received the final build files for GS v2.1. They will make a complete install for GS v2.1 for you to download. The same will be sent to Iain at Slitherine on March 20th.

This means you as testers can decide to install the complete install now (tomorrow) or wait for the official installer made by Slitherine. If you install the files now you don't need to install GS v2.1 from Slitherine since those will be the same.

Regardless of what you do we need some volunteers who can test the installer made by Slitherine prior to the release to the public so we know for certain it will work on different computers. Please contact Paul and Ronnie if you want to help with testing the installer from Slitherine.

The final version will be without RC number and just be called GS v2.1. You don't have to restart any games because of the latest updates.

The details of the update will mainly focus on the minor game balance tweaks in Russia we voted on.

In addition Paul made a few minor map changes near Leningrad and Vitebsk, mainly some clear hexes being changed into forests. The changes are very minor so you don't have to restart any ongoing games. Existing games wont be affected except that the map will show forest while the hexinfo will show clear.

I also fixed a bug which made it possible to unload air units from transports into dune hexes. That is no longer possible since mountain, swamp and dune hexes can't have air units. This was fixed a week or so ago, but not distributed yet.

Finally I fixed a bug that was found today where Russian truck supply was disabled for the first 3 turns after Barbarossa begun. It was only ral conversion that should be disabled for 3 turns due to surprise. This means most Russian units in Karelia, Baltic states and Eastern Poland will have supply level 4 instead of 3. The exception are those units more than 6 hexes from a broad gauge rail line.
richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Final GS v2.1 build files made

Post by richardsd »

great news, will make sure not to start any new 2.0 games!
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Great !!!! :D
I have told the Chinese fans of GS2.1's release , but I miss my words several times . If this time it delay again ,they will come to kill me ! Thanks god ! :D
rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by rkr1958 »

PC file set is now there, see: viewtopic.php?p=308986#p308986

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”