posts lost

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

posts lost

Post by Morris »

It is strange that we lost some posts on March 6th & March 7th on the beta test part & AAR part . Is this a system problem or a manual mistake ?
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: posts lost

Post by Blathergut »

There was a Slitherine site crash/attack and everything posted that day was lost (including pbem turns).
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: posts lost

Post by Morris »

Thank you sir !
great thanks to the team fighting with the problem until so late !

Here is the news from resource :

[07 Mar 2012] MARS ATTACKS! ON THE SLITHERINE SITE

It's been a night of fighting on the Slitherine's servers, but we came out victorious. After a few hours of panic and trouble, which affected all of Slitherine's ring of sites, all databases are now restored and we are up an running again.

Unfortunately some of the data got lost, as the attack came just before the daily back ups started, so all is reverted to the previous day's back up. All multiplayer and forum posts after midnight of the 5th are unfortunately lost and will need to be replayed or re-posted.

As of now the PBEM system is still offline as we are synching back the over 15GB of data of all players games, so it will take another two or three hours before we can get it back live again.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused and we understand how frustrating it can be to lose your progress in the games, but we did our best to get everything back to normal as swiftly as possible. And thanks to anybody that worked late (very late) to help us in the fight!

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”