GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core, firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

TotalerKrieg
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:35 pm

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by TotalerKrieg » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:47 am

OK. It was a continued PBEM game which I played after updating (PC version). If it is still wrong next turn I will re-install the update. Thanks for the rapid responses.

pk867
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1598
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 3:18 pm

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by pk867 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 am

The other player has to play with the correct version (ie. the same rc14) also to make the changes.

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier
Posts: 4693
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:46 pm

Actually the map bugs are fixed when ONE player plays with the updated version. The bug will not reintroduce itself if the other player plays with the older version. So one player can easily play with RC12 and another with RC14. You just get a message about general.txt being different, but that's a minor thing.

The functionality of the air units leaving cities in France and Norway will depend on the version of the player moving the air units. If an Allied player with RC12 moves the air units then the control of the city will not change as if it would if a player with RC14 did it. But if you've got past the invasion of Norway or won't use the gamey exploit then it has no consequence.

Actually the bugs fixed after RC11 are actually very minor. If Dijon and Rennes are flagged as italian core owner it won't affect the actual game play and the outcome of the fall of France. So if you stick with RC11 then you can still test and find valuable data about game balance. You just have to accept seeing the wrong core owner if you click on the hex.

rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger
Posts: 4262
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:20 am

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by rkr1958 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:19 pm

GSv2.10-RC15 (Release Candidate #15) Incremental Update (February 18, 2012)

PC users can go to here for release candidate (RC15-INC). RC15-INC is an incremental update and MUST be applied to RC11 or later. This update will also be emailed out to all PC users.

Username: GrandStrategyTeam@slithdata.net
Password: 1Kr35MazgsZR
PC Incremental Update: GSv2.10RC15-INC.zip (<1-MB)

MAC users -- Update provided by Paul.

GSv2.10RC15 (Incremental) - February 18, 2012
263. Air units aboard a transport would not be able to land in a city after the change made to counter the Norway and France air control at conquest exploit. The reason for the bug was that the code tried to check for the core hex owner and there are no core hex owner in a water hex. Changed the code so it tests if the hex is a land hex or not. If it’s a water hex it will not make the test. That’s the situation with an air unit aboard a transport being in a port or at sea.
264. Made the change so the change of hex owner when an air unit leaves a city or resource only applies prior to USA entering the war. That is simple and ensures we don’t get any late game nasty surprises.

rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger
Posts: 4262
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:20 am

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by rkr1958 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:39 pm

GSv2.10-RC16 (Release Candidate #16) Incremental Update (February 19, 2012)

PC users can go to here for release candidate (RC16-INC). RC16-INC is an incremental update and MUST be applied to RC11 or later. This update will also be emailed out to all PC users.

Username: GrandStrategyTeam@slithdata.net
Password: 1Kr35MazgsZR
PC Incremental Update: GSv2.10RC16-INC.zip (<1-MB)

MAC users -- Update provided by Paul.

GSv2.10RC16 (Incremental) - February 16, 2012
265. Changed the map and scenarios with 2 hexes in Canada flagged as forest when they should have been rough.
266. Moved the spawn area for the Russian Siberian reserves to Nizhniy Tagil (air and armor units) and Syktyvkar (shock units). This was done to ensure they spawn around rail depots so they can railed to the west.
267. Updated message_*.txt to RC16.

rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger
Posts: 4262
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:20 am

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by rkr1958 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:36 am

GSv2.10-RC17 (Release Candidate #17) Incremental Update (March 2, 2012)

PC users can go to here for release candidate (RC17-INC). RC17-INC is an incremental update and MUST be applied to RC11 or later. This update will also be emailed out to all PC users.

Username: GrandStrategyTeam@slithdata.net
Password: 1Kr35MazgsZR
PC Incremental Update: GSv2.10RC17-INC.zip (<1-MB)

MAC users -- Update provided by Paul.

GSv2.10RC17 (Incremental) - March 2, 2012
268. Fixed a minor bug regarding rail movement where it was possible to rail to tundra and desert (having supply level 2), but it was not oossible to rail from these hexes. Theses hexes were flagged with rail images so they should have been possible to rail to. Made a change so that supply limit for being able to rail is now 2 instead of 3 as is used to. The limit of 3 since was used when it was possible to rail from anywhere on the map. Now units can only rail from and to hexes adjacent to cities. It’s still not possible to rail to/from swamp, mountain or dune hexes.
269. Fixed a bug where Russian swamp, dune and mountain hexes were flagged as rail capable while USSR was neutral.
270. Moved the earliest activation time for Romania from after turn 16 to after turn 19 (same as Hungary and Bulgaria). So now, the earliest possible activiation for Rumania, Hungary and Bulgaria is turn 20 (Septembr 15, 1940) and will only happen this early if Yugsolvia (for Rumania and Hungary) or Greece (for Bulgaria) is invaded.
271. Fixed the bug where units could not rail FROM desert hexes, but could rail to. Now units can rail in any hex with supply level 2 or better, access to a minor or major power capital and not being in dune, swamp or a mountain hex.
272. Disabled temporary routines for adding the Konigsberg port, Plovdiv core owner and Rennes/Dijon core owner. These were routines added to fix ongoing games started with RC11 and should no longer be needed.
273. Fixed an obscure bug about naming of the spawned BB’s and CV that will arrive for the major powers. If the Axis player didn’t use English as language then these units will get a generic name in the Axis player’s language like Slagskip in Norwegian instead of a unique name. This is fixed by naming the units Battleship and Carrier on turn 1. That means when they’re placed they will be flagged as generic and will get a unique name.
274. Also fixed a comments typo about spawn turn for the US CV in general.txt. This fix will cause a checksum error on the general.txt file.
275. Found a ”feature” where new British naval units could be deployed Gibraltar, Malta, Cyprus and Northern Ireland. This ”feature” resulted from a change that made Liverpool a supply source for UK to enable deployment if Liverpool is controlled even if London is captured. This ”feature” was removed so new British naval units can only be deployed to British ports in England or Canada.
276. Fixed a bug where the Axis were unable to get rail in North Africa even though they held all the cities and ports. The reason for the bug was that if Spain joins the Axis then Morocco is changed to Spanish core owner. The test checked for Vichy French or Free French territory and now Spain south of hex row 56. That is the Tangiers area and possibly Morocco.
277. Updated message_*.txt to RC17.

pk867
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1598
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 3:18 pm

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by pk867 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi,
The incremental patch was emailed out and placed on the FTP server.

The full version v2.10.rc17 was also placed on the server.

Paul

PanzerGeneral
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:03 pm
Location: Norway

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by PanzerGeneral » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:42 pm

In my game (me allies) against Schnurri, we discovered something weird regarding the Italian surrender.

I had captured, Tunis, Tripoli and Cagliari. I landed a PARA in northern Italy and captured Turin. A second PARA landed in Reggio and captured the rail depot in order to cut off the Sicilian defenders.

To both our surprise Italy surrendered!

As rail depots don't have any city functionality I believed that Reggio did not count as a surrender city. But it sure seems like this.

Is this a bug?

pzgndr
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:12 am

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by pzgndr » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:16 pm

I am having a problem getting full screen display, running Vista at 1680x1050. Getting Error: Display Does not support 1024x768? I have reinstalled CEAW, GS2.0, RC11 and the RC17 update. Suggestions?

Update. I will just work around this, resetting my display to 1024x768 for full screen. Works ok. Odd that I got full screen before but now something is changed.

rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger
Posts: 4262
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:20 am

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by rkr1958 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:09 am

GSv2.10 Pre-Installer Full File Set (March18, 2012)

PC users can go to here to get this full file set. Barring missing files or any defects found in the next day or two, this file set will constitute the files that will be given to Slitherine to build the GSv2.10 installer. As such, the RC modifier has been removed and the version set to GSv2.10.

Username: GrandStrategyTeam@slithdata.net
Password: 1Kr35MazgsZR
PC Incremental Update: GSv2.10.zip (306-MB)

MAC users -- Update provided by Paul.

GSv2.10 Pre-Installer Full File Set - March 18, 2012
278. Fixed a minor bug which made it possible to unload transported air units into mountain, swamp or dune hexes. The bugfix now makes this impossible.
279. Changed the game.class date to 2012March20 and changed all message files to show GS v2.1 (without any RC).
280. Changed the release of the Siberian reserves from turn 41 to 40.
281. Changed the rate of recovery in the invasion surprise (effectiveness) reduction for from 8 per turn to 9 per turn. Reduced Russian surprise effectiveness loss from 30 to 27, i. e. 3 turns with reduced efficiency regain and no change for France).
282. Changed Russian severe winter duration chances to: 20% duration -1, 60% duration, 20% duration +1 (votes 6 for and 2 + 4 for other options)
283. Changed North April weather chance from 15% to 5% for fair weather in north weather in April (vote 5 for and 5 + 2 for other options).
284. Russian tech changed back to previous values which means that antitank weapons increased from 0 to 1 and close air support increased from 0 to 1.
285. Made a few minor map changes near Leningrad and Vitebsk, mainly some clear hexes being changed into forests. The changes are very minor so you don't have to restart any ongoing games. Existing games wont be affected except that the map will show forest while the hexinfo will show clear.

rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger
Posts: 4262
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:20 am

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by rkr1958 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:36 pm

GSv2.10 Pre-Installer Full File Set (Take 2) (March 21, 2012)

PC users can go to here to get this full file set. Take two of this file set constitutes the files that have been given to Slitherine to build the GSv2.10 installer.

Username: GrandStrategyTeam@slithdata.net
Password: 1Kr35MazgsZR
PC Incremental Update: GSv2.10.zip (306-MB)

MAC users -- Update provided by Paul.

GSv2.10 Pre-Installer Full File Set - March 21, 2012
286. Changed the map and scenario files to allow rail gauge changes to happen in the Caucuses.
287. Fixed a bug where standard gauge rail hexes in Russia were altered to broad gauge when Russia surrendered.

pk867
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1598
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 3:18 pm

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by pk867 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:47 pm

The updated Mac installer is on the FTP server.

JockeBu
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:43 pm
Location: Uppsala, Sweden

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by JockeBu » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:42 am

Is the server down? I can't connect to it today...

pk867
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1598
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 3:18 pm

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by pk867 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi,
I have pulled the Mac version since we are getting ready to give the files to Slitherine. I will post again for the beta testers when we send the files to Slitherine for them to build the installer.

rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger
Posts: 4262
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:20 am

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by rkr1958 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:38 am

GSv2.10 Pre-Installer Full File Set (Take 3) (May 30, 2012)

Slitherine is ready to start making the installer and this is the file set that they will use.

PC users can go to here to get this full file set.

Username: GrandStrategyTeam@slithdata.net
Password: 1Kr35MazgsZR
Full file set: GSv2.10.zip (306-MB)

MAC users -- Update provided by Paul.

GSv2.10 Pre-Installer Full File Set - May 30, 2012
305. Changed date in the Game.class file to 2012June01.
306. Disabled an obsolete low oil check and message. This significantly speeds up how fast units move; especially in the late game.
307. Added code so Airfields won’t change ownership if an air unit leaves the airfield if the core owner is conquered. This should take care of the situation with Keflavik that was reported
308. Changed Fortress or Garrison in unit name for UK garrison units to HG.
309. Changed Fortress un unit bame for Italian garrison units to Piazzaforte di
310. These changes means they can be upgraded to Para and won’t be considered to be SS units due to unit name fortress.
311. Altered the values slightly in Labs_bought.txt for some countries. E. g. Germany would get 2 naval labs + 2 general labs instead of 1 naval lab and 3 general labs in the latest scenarios. This was done because we earlier increased the research cost for subs.
312. Altered values slightly in Research_progress.txt so the 1944 progress level was more consistent with what it was in 1943. This was for the 3 air research areas.

pk867
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1598
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 3:18 pm

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by pk867 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:55 am

Hi All the updated game is uploading as of 5:55am US EDT.

So give it about 15 minutes.

Paul

rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger
Posts: 4262
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:20 am

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by rkr1958 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:56 pm

Stauffenberg wrote:If you look at this thread there is no reference to bugfix 288...304. Can you please add them? The missing fixes are the ones we made after the last version sent to the beta testers prior to the final version sent to Slitherine.
288. Altered the code so it’s now not possible to bomb the Swedish iron ore, Baku oil or Spanish tungsten mine if Sweden is neutral, Russia is neutral or Spain in neutral. This means you can’t bombard a neutral country to harm traded resources. If Sweden, USSR or Spain become activated then the hexes can be bombarded normally.
289. Fixed a bug regarding Bristol / Cardiff. I found that the coal mine adjacent to the Cardiff port controlled the owner of the port and not Bristol. This is now fixed.
290. The general.txt file had the wrong hex number for the Cardiff port (convoy port 2). That is now fixed.
291. Altered the code so it’s now not possible to paradrop to or bomb the Swedish iron ore, Baku oil or Spanish tungsten mine if Sweden is neutral, Russia is neutral or Spain in neutral. This means you can’t bombard a neutral country to harm traded resources. If Sweden, USSR or Spain become activated then the hexes can be bombarded normally.
292. Fixed a bug regarding Bristol / Cardiff. I found that the coal mine adjacent to the Cardiff port controlled the owner of the port and not Bristol. This is now fixed.
293. Made the following changes to 1939 scenario:
 Moved the French garrisons in Algiers, Tunis and Damascus to the border between France and Italy
 Moved the French garrison in Ajaccio (Corsica) to Brest
294. Made the following changes to 1940 scenario:
 Moved the BEF forces (1 mech + 2 garrisons) from England to France (near Rouen).
 This is probably more accurate because the BEF was in France when Case Yellow started
295. Changed the date in the game.class file to 2012May02. This is done to ensure people get a notice if they play with an old game.class file.
296. Fixed a bug so the Australian destroyer and British submarine in the Mediterranean Sea still spawns if the port is occupied (ports could be occupied by French naval units and before that prevented the spawn)
297. French garrisons will now spawn at strength 5 (determined by free_french_garrison_strength) in cities / capitals and fortresses in Corsica, French North Africa and Syria when Italy joins the Axis as long as France is not conquered
298. A French corps will spawn near London with strength determined by the number of French steps still left in France when the French armistice offer is rejected. This simulates the French units evacuated with the British forces in the Dunkirk operation.
299. French units will spawn in Corsica, French North Africa and Syria if Italy has not yet joined the Axis and the French armistice offer is rejected. The strength is determined by the number of French steps remaining in France.
 No French units will spawn in Corsica, French North Africa and Syria if Italy has already joined the Axis because these forces were spawned at that time instead.
300. Cleaned up a number of comments (no actual values) in the general.txt file.
301. Free French garrisons will now spawn in all cities and ports in Corsica, French North Africa and Syria when Italy joins the axis.
 These changes will prevent an exploitation where the Axis player can land in empty hexes in French North Africa and capture Algiers and Tunis and next turn rail to Casablanca and Oran to force Spain to join the Axis if the armistice was rejected.
 These changes also prevents the “mandatory” transports from Syria, Corsica and French North Africa to France in 1939. These garrisons are now instead placed in Brest and the border between France and Italy.
 Now the “new” Free French garrisons in these territories spawn when Italy joins the Axis and the Mediterranean theatre becomes active. This is the same that happens with the British units that spawn in Malta, Cyprus and Egypt. These additional garrisons will spawn too late to benefit the defense of France.
 Now all cities and fortresses in French North Africa will be occupied when Italy joins the Axis so the Italians have to send corps units to capture these cities if they want to invade French North Africa. No more free captures. The French garrisons spawn so late so they can’t help in the fall of France. Paris will most likely fall before these units can be transported to France and railed to the front.
302. A French corps, 1re Armee, will spawn near London with strength dependent on units that are still alive in France when armistice is rejected.
303. The same calculation is used to determine the strength of French garrisons in Corsica, French North Africa and Syria if Italy hasn't joined yet when the armistice is rejected */
304. Changed the minimap to the default unit view just prior to the weather being changed and the end of the Allied turn. This way the weather minimap is not open and; thus the allied player doesn’t get an advance view of next turn’s weather. It doesn’t matter to the player because the unit view will load by default in the next turn for the player.
305. Changed date in the Game.class file to 2012June01.
306. Disabled an obsolete low oil check and message. This significantly speeds up how fast units move; especially in the late game.
307. Added code so Airfields won’t change ownership if an air unit leaves the airfield if the core owner is conquered. This should take care of the situation with Keflavik that was reported
308. Changed Fortress or Garrison in unit name for UK garrison units to HG.
309. Changed Fortress un unit bame for Italian garrison units to Piazzaforte di
310. These changes means they can be upgraded to Para and won’t be considered to be SS units due to unit name fortress.
311. Altered the values slightly in Labs_bought.txt for some countries. E. g. Germany would get 2 naval labs + 2 general labs instead of 1 naval lab and 3 general labs in the latest scenarios. This was done because we earlier increased the research cost for subs.
312. Altered values slightly in Research_progress.txt so the 1944 progress level was more consistent with what it was in 1943. This was for the 3 air research areas.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2263
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by Morris » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:58 am

rkr1958 wrote:
Stauffenberg wrote:If you look at this thread there is no reference to bugfix 288...304. Can you please add them? The missing fixes are the ones we made after the last version sent to the beta testers prior to the final version sent to Slitherine.
288. Altered the code so it’s now not possible to bomb the Swedish iron ore, Baku oil or Spanish tungsten mine if Sweden is neutral, Russia is neutral or Spain in neutral. This means you can’t bombard a neutral country to harm traded resources. If Sweden, USSR or Spain become activated then the hexes can be bombarded normally.
289. Fixed a bug regarding Bristol / Cardiff. I found that the coal mine adjacent to the Cardiff port controlled the owner of the port and not Bristol. This is now fixed.
290. The general.txt file had the wrong hex number for the Cardiff port (convoy port 2). That is now fixed.
291. Altered the code so it’s now not possible to paradrop to or bomb the Swedish iron ore, Baku oil or Spanish tungsten mine if Sweden is neutral, Russia is neutral or Spain in neutral. This means you can’t bombard a neutral country to harm traded resources. If Sweden, USSR or Spain become activated then the hexes can be bombarded normally.
292. Fixed a bug regarding Bristol / Cardiff. I found that the coal mine adjacent to the Cardiff port controlled the owner of the port and not Bristol. This is now fixed.
293. Made the following changes to 1939 scenario:
 Moved the French garrisons in Algiers, Tunis and Damascus to the border between France and Italy
 Moved the French garrison in Ajaccio (Corsica) to Brest
294. Made the following changes to 1940 scenario:
 Moved the BEF forces (1 mech + 2 garrisons) from England to France (near Rouen).
 This is probably more accurate because the BEF was in France when Case Yellow started
295. Changed the date in the game.class file to 2012May02. This is done to ensure people get a notice if they play with an old game.class file.
296. Fixed a bug so the Australian destroyer and British submarine in the Mediterranean Sea still spawns if the port is occupied (ports could be occupied by French naval units and before that prevented the spawn)
297. French garrisons will now spawn at strength 5 (determined by free_french_garrison_strength) in cities / capitals and fortresses in Corsica, French North Africa and Syria when Italy joins the Axis as long as France is not conquered
298. A French corps will spawn near London with strength determined by the number of French steps still left in France when the French armistice offer is rejected. This simulates the French units evacuated with the British forces in the Dunkirk operation.
299. French units will spawn in Corsica, French North Africa and Syria if Italy has not yet joined the Axis and the French armistice offer is rejected. The strength is determined by the number of French steps remaining in France.
 No French units will spawn in Corsica, French North Africa and Syria if Italy has already joined the Axis because these forces were spawned at that time instead.
300. Cleaned up a number of comments (no actual values) in the general.txt file.
301. Free French garrisons will now spawn in all cities and ports in Corsica, French North Africa and Syria when Italy joins the axis.
 These changes will prevent an exploitation where the Axis player can land in empty hexes in French North Africa and capture Algiers and Tunis and next turn rail to Casablanca and Oran to force Spain to join the Axis if the armistice was rejected.
 These changes also prevents the “mandatory” transports from Syria, Corsica and French North Africa to France in 1939. These garrisons are now instead placed in Brest and the border between France and Italy.
 Now the “new” Free French garrisons in these territories spawn when Italy joins the Axis and the Mediterranean theatre becomes active. This is the same that happens with the British units that spawn in Malta, Cyprus and Egypt. These additional garrisons will spawn too late to benefit the defense of France.
 Now all cities and fortresses in French North Africa will be occupied when Italy joins the Axis so the Italians have to send corps units to capture these cities if they want to invade French North Africa. No more free captures. The French garrisons spawn so late so they can’t help in the fall of France. Paris will most likely fall before these units can be transported to France and railed to the front.
302. A French corps, 1re Armee, will spawn near London with strength dependent on units that are still alive in France when armistice is rejected.
303. The same calculation is used to determine the strength of French garrisons in Corsica, French North Africa and Syria if Italy hasn't joined yet when the armistice is rejected */
304. Changed the minimap to the default unit view just prior to the weather being changed and the end of the Allied turn. This way the weather minimap is not open and; thus the allied player doesn’t get an advance view of next turn’s weather. It doesn’t matter to the player because the unit view will load by default in the next turn for the player.
305. Changed date in the Game.class file to 2012June01.
306. Disabled an obsolete low oil check and message. This significantly speeds up how fast units move; especially in the late game.
307. Added code so Airfields won’t change ownership if an air unit leaves the airfield if the core owner is conquered. This should take care of the situation with Keflavik that was reported
308. Changed Fortress or Garrison in unit name for UK garrison units to HG.
309. Changed Fortress un unit bame for Italian garrison units to Piazzaforte di
310. These changes means they can be upgraded to Para and won’t be considered to be SS units due to unit name fortress.
311. Altered the values slightly in Labs_bought.txt for some countries. E. g. Germany would get 2 naval labs + 2 general labs instead of 1 naval lab and 3 general labs in the latest scenarios. This was done because we earlier increased the research cost for subs.
312. Altered values slightly in Research_progress.txt so the 1944 progress level was more consistent with what it was in 1943. This was for the 3 air research areas.
It is really the first time I found these changes (288-304). Did these changes sent us as a patch ? Why I receive nothing about that ? :o

rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger
Posts: 4262
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:20 am

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by rkr1958 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:51 pm

Morris wrote:
It is really the first time I found these changes (288-304). Did these changes sent us as a patch ? Why I receive nothing about that ? :o
They were made after the official beta testing had ended and were only included in the final file set sent to Slitherine for the installer. Though, this file set was available and downloaded by several folks and so the changes got out there. Sorry for any confusion; but we were doing our best to wrap things up and get the files to Slitherine.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2263
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by Morris » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:22 am

rkr1958 wrote:
Morris wrote:
It is really the first time I found these changes (288-304). Did these changes sent us as a patch ? Why I receive nothing about that ? :o
They were made after the official beta testing had ended and were only included in the final file set sent to Slitherine for the installer. Though, this file set was available and downloaded by several folks and so the changes got out there. Sorry for any confusion; but we were doing our best to wrap things up and get the files to Slitherine.
No problem sir ! We have been waiting for the final official GS2.1 release for a long time ! Will it be released in this week ?

Post Reply

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”