GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: GSv2.00 Post Release Bug Fixes

Post by richardsd »

I have just had an incident where I couldn't place a british GAR on Cardif - UK is totally UK controlled for whole game so far
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Which version did this game start with? There was a bug regarding the coal mine controlling the port and not Bristol. I think this is fixed, but map config is not altered if you install new class files with bug fixes. The reason is that the port controlling hex is set at the beginning of the game.

So this has to be retried from a new game by letting Germany take Bristol and the area around and then let the Allies get back.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

richardsd wrote:I have just had an incident where I couldn't place a british GAR on Cardif - UK is totally UK controlled for whole game so far
Probably same bug as the other mentioned. Try to start a new game and then see what happens. Cardiff is the port and Bristol is the city. So you should be able to place a garrison in Bristol and not Cardiff.
Schnurri
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Schnurri »

Don't know about Richard but I am latest version pre-release. No - hold that thought - this is a game with an earlier version - my bad.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

rkr1958 wrote:
Stauffenberg wrote:If you look at this thread there is no reference to bugfix 288...304. Can you please add them? The missing fixes are the ones we made after the last version sent to the beta testers prior to the final version sent to Slitherine.
288. Altered the code so it’s now not possible to bomb the Swedish iron ore, Baku oil or Spanish tungsten mine if Sweden is neutral, Russia is neutral or Spain in neutral. This means you can’t bombard a neutral country to harm traded resources. If Sweden, USSR or Spain become activated then the hexes can be bombarded normally.
289. Fixed a bug regarding Bristol / Cardiff. I found that the coal mine adjacent to the Cardiff port controlled the owner of the port and not Bristol. This is now fixed.
290. The general.txt file had the wrong hex number for the Cardiff port (convoy port 2). That is now fixed.
291. Altered the code so it’s now not possible to paradrop to or bomb the Swedish iron ore, Baku oil or Spanish tungsten mine if Sweden is neutral, Russia is neutral or Spain in neutral. This means you can’t bombard a neutral country to harm traded resources. If Sweden, USSR or Spain become activated then the hexes can be bombarded normally.
292. Fixed a bug regarding Bristol / Cardiff. I found that the coal mine adjacent to the Cardiff port controlled the owner of the port and not Bristol. This is now fixed.
293. Made the following changes to 1939 scenario:
 Moved the French garrisons in Algiers, Tunis and Damascus to the border between France and Italy
 Moved the French garrison in Ajaccio (Corsica) to Brest
294. Made the following changes to 1940 scenario:
 Moved the BEF forces (1 mech + 2 garrisons) from England to France (near Rouen).
 This is probably more accurate because the BEF was in France when Case Yellow started
295. Changed the date in the game.class file to 2012May02. This is done to ensure people get a notice if they play with an old game.class file.
296. Fixed a bug so the Australian destroyer and British submarine in the Mediterranean Sea still spawns if the port is occupied (ports could be occupied by French naval units and before that prevented the spawn)
297. French garrisons will now spawn at strength 5 (determined by free_french_garrison_strength) in cities / capitals and fortresses in Corsica, French North Africa and Syria when Italy joins the Axis as long as France is not conquered
298. A French corps will spawn near London with strength determined by the number of French steps still left in France when the French armistice offer is rejected. This simulates the French units evacuated with the British forces in the Dunkirk operation.
299. French units will spawn in Corsica, French North Africa and Syria if Italy has not yet joined the Axis and the French armistice offer is rejected. The strength is determined by the number of French steps remaining in France.
 No French units will spawn in Corsica, French North Africa and Syria if Italy has already joined the Axis because these forces were spawned at that time instead.
300. Cleaned up a number of comments (no actual values) in the general.txt file.
301. Free French garrisons will now spawn in all cities and ports in Corsica, French North Africa and Syria when Italy joins the axis.
 These changes will prevent an exploitation where the Axis player can land in empty hexes in French North Africa and capture Algiers and Tunis and next turn rail to Casablanca and Oran to force Spain to join the Axis if the armistice was rejected.
 These changes also prevents the “mandatory” transports from Syria, Corsica and French North Africa to France in 1939. These garrisons are now instead placed in Brest and the border between France and Italy.
 Now the “new” Free French garrisons in these territories spawn when Italy joins the Axis and the Mediterranean theatre becomes active. This is the same that happens with the British units that spawn in Malta, Cyprus and Egypt. These additional garrisons will spawn too late to benefit the defense of France.
 Now all cities and fortresses in French North Africa will be occupied when Italy joins the Axis so the Italians have to send corps units to capture these cities if they want to invade French North Africa. No more free captures. The French garrisons spawn so late so they can’t help in the fall of France. Paris will most likely fall before these units can be transported to France and railed to the front.
302. A French corps, 1re Armee, will spawn near London with strength dependent on units that are still alive in France when armistice is rejected.
303. The same calculation is used to determine the strength of French garrisons in Corsica, French North Africa and Syria if Italy hasn't joined yet when the armistice is rejected */
304. Changed the minimap to the default unit view just prior to the weather being changed and the end of the Allied turn. This way the weather minimap is not open and; thus the allied player doesn’t get an advance view of next turn’s weather. It doesn’t matter to the player because the unit view will load by default in the next turn for the player.
305. Changed date in the Game.class file to 2012June01.
306. Disabled an obsolete low oil check and message. This significantly speeds up how fast units move; especially in the late game.
307. Added code so Airfields won’t change ownership if an air unit leaves the airfield if the core owner is conquered. This should take care of the situation with Keflavik that was reported
308. Changed Fortress or Garrison in unit name for UK garrison units to HG.
309. Changed Fortress un unit bame for Italian garrison units to Piazzaforte di
310. These changes means they can be upgraded to Para and won’t be considered to be SS units due to unit name fortress.
311. Altered the values slightly in Labs_bought.txt for some countries. E. g. Germany would get 2 naval labs + 2 general labs instead of 1 naval lab and 3 general labs in the latest scenarios. This was done because we earlier increased the research cost for subs.
312. Altered values slightly in Research_progress.txt so the 1944 progress level was more consistent with what it was in 1943. This was for the 3 air research areas.
excuse me , Is there any difference from 289 to 292 ? I did not find any difference ?!
rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by rkr1958 »

Morris wrote:excuse me , Is there any difference from 289 to 292 ? I did not find any difference ?!
It looks like those changes were entered twice in the change log.
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

ok - still trying to get the latest file set working.

With some help from Staffenburg I now have the latest version listed at opening against older versions, but when I play the game it hangs at the end of turn with the following bug - wondered if there was an obvious file I am missing?

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

since I did not get the answer until now ,so I move this here for the help:

one more strange thing happened in the AAR with Diplomatus that : after USSR surrender ,my rail transport number did not increase even one more point . It is still the number of the railcaps total in Germany . It should be like this or another bug ? It really does not make sense if the USSR rail caps not belong to Germany after it surrender to Germany !
Diplomaticus
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Diplomaticus »

Morris wrote:since I did not get the answer until now ,so I move this here for the help:

one more strange thing happened in the AAR with Diplomatus that : after USSR surrender ,my rail transport number did not increase even one more point . It is still the number of the railcaps total in Germany . It should be like this or another bug ? It really does not make sense if the USSR rail caps not belong to Germany after it surrender to Germany !
Hmmm. But I"m confused by this. German rail cap doesn't increase after capturing Paris or London. It never increases from taking Moscow either, as far as I can remember. Same goes in reverse for the Allies--they don't get rail cap increase from taking Rome. Are you sure this is a bug?
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Diplomaticus wrote:
Morris wrote:since I did not get the answer until now ,so I move this here for the help:

Hmmm. But I"m confused by this. German rail cap doesn't increase after capturing Paris or London. It never increases from taking Moscow either, as far as I can remember. Same goes in reverse for the Allies--they don't get rail cap increase from taking Rome. Are you sure this is a bug?
Maybe I had wrong memory ? But I did remember I have got 17 rail after I conquered USSR about several month ago . I will try to find the prove .
but however , after you conquer a country with hundreds of rail stations & thousands of trains & thousands miles of rail ,why not the transport ability increase ?
JimR
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by JimR »

Rail movement bug: In a new game I've started, playing with the latest (release) version of 2.10, I am the Axis with units in occupied Poland at the end of 1939. When I highlight some units for rail movement, the rail movement button remains dimmed. Then when I hover the cursor over the rail movement button I get a tooltip message saying: "Unit does not have full supply." But this is occupied Poland, and the supply level is 5. The two hexes affected (where I happen to have Axis units waiting to rail) are: 1) the hex where the word Wisla appears, when river names are turned on; and 2) a hex near Posen -- go one hex up from Posen, and then go one hex northeast from there, and that is the affected hex. But other Axis units in occupied Poland do not suffer from this effect, and they can perform rail movement normally. I'd be happy to send a file and a screenshot if that will help to diagnose this issue.
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

JimR wrote:Rail movement bug: In a new game I've started, playing with the latest (release) version of 2.10, I am the Axis with units in occupied Poland at the end of 1939. When I highlight some units for rail movement, the rail movement button remains dimmed. Then when I hover the cursor over the rail movement button I get a tooltip message saying: "Unit does not have full supply." But this is occupied Poland, and the supply level is 5. The two hexes affected (where I happen to have Axis units waiting to rail) are: 1) the hex where the word Wisla appears, when river names are turned on; and 2) a hex near Posen -- go one hex up from Posen, and then go one hex northeast from there, and that is the affected hex. But other Axis units in occupied Poland do not suffer from this effect, and they can perform rail movement normally. I'd be happy to send a file and a screenshot if that will help to diagnose this issue.
If you're not in or adjacent to a city or resource hex you cannot rail. If you're adjacent to an enemy unit you cannot rail. If either (or both) of these conditions apply to the two units in question then this behavior is as intended and is not a bug.
JimR

Post by JimR »

:oops: I had been away from CEAW for a little while, and completely forgot about that....

Thanks for the reminder -- I'm glad that this "bug" isn't a bug at all.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

This was a change we made when adding rail gauge a few months ago. We wanted to alter the rail rules so you can rail to and from the same places. Before you could rail from anywhere, but only to or adjacent to cities.

Rail depots were added on the map to function as minor cities where you can rail to. The rail depots don't have the defensive capabilities of a city so they're mainly used for rail hubs. You can also rail to or adjacent to any resource or fortress.
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

Hi to All Mac Beta testers.

Please go to the FTP beta-tester site to download the latest version for Mac CEAW-GS v2.10 this has all of the latest bug fixes since January 2012.

Thanks,

Paul

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”