GS Beta Bug Reporting

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger

GS Beta Bug Reporting

Post by rkr1958 »

I would like use this thread to come up with a standard process for reporting and verifying bug fixes. Please feel free to add your ideals on this on and definitely view whatever we come up with in this thread as guidelines.

1. Start a new thread if you think you'd found a bug or possible bug. Use a descriptive title such that if someone else encounters the same bug that they would likely know by the thread's title that they should post in the existing thread and not start another.

2. In the thread provide your platform (i.e., PC or MAC) and GS beta build (e.g., GSv2.00aj).

3. Provide all the details you can, including any screen shots from the game and / or the DOS window (or console). See viewtopic.php?t=22952

4. If you encounter a bug for which an existing thread has been started then please post to that with your platform (i.e., PC or MAC) and GS beta build. It's critical to know if a bug is only on one or is on both platforms.

5. Save the game turn where the bug occurred, zip it up and (if requested) email it to Borger, Paul and me (Ronnie) along with your password (if applicable) and the move conditions that preceed the bug. Also, get your opponent to email their password (if applicable) to Borger, Paul and me (Ronnie).

6. If it is determined that you have found a bug and a fixed is issued then test that fix on the game turn where the bug occurred and post your finding in the thread. Of course, Borger, Paul and / or I (Ronnie) will have also tested it out before release (if possible). But since you found it your confirmation of the fix is important too.
richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by richardsd »

Is it a bug?

I have re-captured Yugolsalvia as the Allies in 44, but I don't get any of the Hex's changing control - is this a change we made?
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

I don't understand what you mean. The Allies will get control of the hexes they liberate, but you won't get all of Yugoslavia if you take Belgrade. You need to physically capture each hex. If the hexes were already liberated by Russia then the hexes remain Russian even if the western Allies move through them.
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

did we fix a supply bug where if the cities providing supply are at a lower level, say 1 after capture, but there are supply capable level 2 Naval elements providing supply, that the Naval supply is used rather than the city?

or is this a new bug?
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

This is supposed to be fixed. Can you check out to verify?
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

this is in a game played with 2.03, which patch has the fix?
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

richardsd wrote:this is in a game played with 2.03, which patch has the fix?
GSv2.01.12
viewtopic.php?p=243572#243572
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

Team

So many changes - but did we mean to have it so that Russia can't place new units or rail in within the Caucuses once its cut off?

cheers

Duncan
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Russia can place new reinforcements and rail in the south because supply is coming from Basra. I think this is fine because the Caucasus is such a big area and would have been hard to cut supply to. E. g. the Russians could sail supplies across the Caspian Sea or rail via Persia to a port and then to Baku.
Schnurri
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Schnurri »

From my experience this has always been the case. If you cut the land line to the Caucasus then you can't rail new troops in or build new troops. You can send new troops in by sea.
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

you can't rail in, but you were always able to place new builds.

I think railing 'within' used to work but that I wouldn't swear too.

Borger suggests above that you should be able to do both.

So anyway, neither is working in the latest beta
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

I stand corrected - did a hotseat with the 43 scenario in 2.0 and cutoff the Caucasus - you can place new units and rail. Only difference in the game with Duncan is that he doesn't control Persia.
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

Did a hotseat in vanilla and you can't place new troops once cutoff. Must have been a change between Vanilla and 2.0.
JimR
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by JimR »

In a 2.01.22 game I am playing against Victor where I am the Axis, an Allied supply convoy popped up unexpectedly and inexplicably in the Mediterranean, near Crete. In the subsequent lend-lease convoy movement phase it went westward in the direction of Sicily.
richardsd

bug or working as designed?

Post by richardsd »

should commanders be 'lost' forever if they die on a Transport?
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

Playing 2.301 version on a MAC. Several times I've started a game, declared war on Poles and noted a missing GAR and sometimes 2 for the border Grendschutz GARs. I restart and they are all there. Anyone else seen this. I tried to restart a bunch of times and haven't been able to replicate.
JimR

Post by JimR »

Language bug: I'm playing Brincobi in v. 35. My settings are English, his are not. When I open a turn that I receive from him, the messages (about the previous turn's events, or research lab limits, or paratroop limits, etc.) are in his language of preference -- except the weather, which is in English.

I presume that this is not supposed to happen.
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

Hi,

Who started as the axis? I am guessing your opponent. This should last a turn or two, then it should be ok from then on.
JimR

Post by JimR »

I'll keep an eye on it. But we are into spring of 1940 now.
Schnurri

Transport loop bug

Post by Schnurri »

Playing AAR game with Leriano. German sub attacked Brit CV near transport loop - he had a sub blocking and my sub was "bumped" onto the Red Sea transport loop. Stayed there through the next turn and I was able to attack his BB - and am presumably blocking the transport loop.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”