GS Beta Bug Reporting

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

ncali
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: GS Beta Bug Reporting

Post by ncali »

Stauffenberg wrote:I remember the rule now. Only countries who get a morale loss when attacked. Turkey and Sweden don't. Those countries are considered to be on alert even when neutral
Turkey suffers a -10 morale loss for surprise, so that can't be it (unless it is a bug). I'm guessing the issue involves the fact that Turkey is connected to an existing rail grid that is operational (the Allied grid in the Middle East).
Schnurri
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Schnurri »

Both Sweden and Turkey get a -10 morale drop - I unwisely invaded both in one game.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Ok, you might be correct. Maybe we don't see it for contries like Yugoslavia (surrounded by enemy countries), Belgium and Holland (conquered in 1 turn).

I haven't checked the morale loss for countries. I remember we had 0 morale loss for some countries. I know that the code is checking that the morale loss remaining = initial morale loss then the rail network isn't activated.
richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by richardsd »

a big fat juicy one! easy to avoid once you know its there, but she is a nasty one :twisted:

design feature = Bulgaria changes sides when Allies take Sofia

bug feature = Bulgaria changes sides when a partisan enters Sofia

lucky for my opponent that this is before Barbarossa (42) as he is employing a fortress europa type strategy and the Bulgars will be quickly crushed, still heavy punishment for not having a garrison
rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by rkr1958 »

richardsd wrote:design feature = Bulgaria changes sides when Allies take Sofia

Why would you call this a bug? I could make the argument that the partisan entering Sofia is actually a pro-allied Military coup that overthrows a the pro-axis Bulgarian government. And besides, in my opinion, anyone who leaves a capital garrisoned and allows it to be captured by a partisan deserves this.
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

rkr1958 wrote:

Why would you call this a bug? I could make the argument that the partisan entering Sofia is actually a pro-allied Military coup that overthrows a the pro-axis Bulgarian government. And besides, in my opinion, anyone who leaves a capital garrisoned and allows it to be captured by a partisan deserves this.
well for starters this doesn't happen to all countries, for instance if a partisan takes Belgrade nothing happens and if ever there was a change of sides appropriate for a partisan taking a capital that would be it

there is also a post rationalisation available for most scenario's :)

I am happy for people to agree its not a bug (now that we know the behaviour) I am just not sure my opponent will be so happy when he wakes up and runs his turn in the morning!
Kragdob
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Kragdob »

Kragdob wrote:Is there any chances to look on Polish fighter stuck in Canada?
Any chance to fix Polish fighter that is forever-inactive when placed in Canada after UK is conquered?
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.
JimR
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by JimR »

richardsd wrote:
rkr1958 wrote:

well for starters this doesn't happen to all countries, for instance if a partisan takes Belgrade nothing happens and if ever there was a change of sides appropriate for a partisan taking a capital that would be it

there is also a post rationalisation available for most scenario's :)

I am happy for people to agree its not a bug (now that we know the behaviour) I am just not sure my opponent will be so happy when he wakes up and runs his turn in the morning!
The Axis player in question was so excited about activating Spain for the Axis (by having captured all North African ports westward to Casablanca) that he didn't keep his eye on the Bulgarian situation. Just deserts, indeed!
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

This is a minor yet annoying glitch. Sorry can't post screenshot as I haven't heard from my opponent for a few days. Have a DD I moved to Newcastle and it is now permanently stationed there. Can't move, upgrade, etc. Can't remember the turn but it was somewhere in 42 after the Brits invaded Norway. Annoying.
Diplomaticus
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Diplomaticus »

By the way, did we ever resolve the bizarre oil glitch that occurred in the Fortress Europa 2 AAR? You know, where after Italy fell Germany suddenly gained this bonanza of oil from nowhere? Kind of a major issue, really.
richardsd

No UK Industry PP's

Post by richardsd »

did we mean to change the UK income so they don't get the Industry PP bonus when London falls?

I don;t see why this should be, the key scientists would be evacuated to Canada with the Govt
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

is anyone else having issues with railing after the Allies have taken Germany?

in one of my games the UK conquored Germany and no Russian untis are able to rail (anywhere at all) in Germany.
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

Hi,

Does the rail in Germany convert over to narrow gauge in the Russian hexes?
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

pk867 wrote:Hi,

Does the rail in Germany convert over to narrow gauge in the Russian hexes?
the hexes are UK so shouldn't convert, I wonder if the code checks some combination of unit nationality and conversion rather than 'availability' to rail

the russian units have been next to or on UK rail heads for turns!
Diplomaticus

Post by Diplomaticus »

I don't know about Germany, but I know that in the late game I saw some pretty weird stuff with rail in the Balkans: The Yugo partisans count as Russians, but the Romanians (after capture) count as Western Allies. With Brits landing on the Adriatic coast and Russians moving in from the east, I ended up with this weird patchwork where some units could rail some places, others couldn't... it was hard to keep track. The worst part is that after Romania joins the Allies, any Russian units in Romania are stranded, as far as rail movement goes. They have to move out of the country to get to a rail head.
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

Diplomaticus wrote:I don't know about Germany, but I know that in the late game I saw some pretty weird stuff with rail in the Balkans: The Yugo partisans count as Russians, but the Romanians (after capture) count as Western Allies. With Brits landing on the Adriatic coast and Russians moving in from the east, I ended up with this weird patchwork where some units could rail some places, others couldn't... it was hard to keep track. The worst part is that after Romania joins the Allies, any Russian units in Romania are stranded, as far as rail movement goes. They have to move out of the country to get to a rail head.
apparently it checks the nationality and Russians can't use other allies railways - this is important to know!

so you need to plan which ally is going to take Germany very carefully - letting a sentimental UK choice finish them off can lead to the entire Russian army being stranded in Germany and unable to rail to attack Italy
rollo123
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by rollo123 »

Just finished dealing with the Allies Dyle Plan and took out Paris in April. Had avoided Holland and finally took it in July. When I declared war I got a message that said something to the effect that because of the Allied attack on neutral country there would be no LL DD and convoys reduced by 25% A similar message had appeared earlier when the Allies DOW on Belgum. This is a small bug but something to be fixed later.
JimR

Supply convoy bug

Post by JimR »

In a GS 2.1 game I'm playing, the southern convoy has wandered into the Mediterranean (where it has been heartily greeted by Italian subs). A convoy in the Med is a bug, right? Because where would it go in the Mediterranean if it were to survive the Italian sub attacks?
JimR

Re: Supply convoy bug

Post by JimR »

JimR wrote:In a GS 2.1 game I'm playing, the southern convoy has wandered into the Mediterranean (where it has been heartily greeted by Italian subs). A convoy in the Med is a bug, right? Because where would it go in the Mediterranean if it were to survive the Italian sub attacks?
Update: exposed Italian subs blocked the convoy's further progress into the Mediterranean, so in the next turn the convoy reversed course and headed back out into the Atlantic. I remain puzzled as to why the convoy headed into the Mediterranean in the first place, though.
spillblood
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by spillblood »

Playing beta 2.10 as the Allies. I can't attack subs in the Atlantic with my destroyer squadrons except with some battleships. Is this a bug or is it some advantage given to the AI in this version? Or is it related to the fact I haven't researched ASW enough (haven't reached level 1 as GB yet). BTW, AI improvement is noticeable. The AI pulled off some pretty unexpected moves, like invading southern Caucasus via the Black Sea in 1941 (with masses of transports). It managed to invade France and Russia pretty well, could capture Yugoslavia in one turn, hasn't imvaded Greece though. I love the new map graphics with country names etc. Install went smoothly (I have Military History CEAW).
Last edited by spillblood on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”