opnn vs operating Round 2 Active

After action reports for Commander The Great War

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

opnn vs operating Round 2 Active

Post by operating »

If you are not aware of it and have some time to perhaps enjoy a real AAR instead of some chatty thing try this AAR over at the Matrix CTGW forum: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4229946
tyro
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: opnn vs operating Round 2 Active

Post by tyro »

Nehi doesn't wanna reveal all his secrets to the masses. I also don't plan on saying how to conquer Brussels turn one. I see how you have time to vs onpp and not me operating
tyro
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tyro »

If I take a "nehi" perspective on this game France is all that seems important. When I play cp now it's Paris or death. I put very little effort into fighting Russia besides divisions to hold the line. I also ignore Serbs. Serbs aren't a serious offensive threat. This is because they have no planes. 2Ps. Planes and Paris. I don't understand how you effectively fight Russia when they have such a massive industrial advantage
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

nehi has a valid argument going after France, so don't many others, but it seems (with you) he also has a good defense to blunt the German invasion of France, if so, that means others also have a good defense of France, so the France first is not necessarily always the only option. nehi has done a lot of homework into fine tuning his plan and taking into consideration alternatives to his root/core plan, however if it fails: What do you do then as a nehi style player? I come up against players all the time that kick my butt from here into next month with moves I've never dreamed about. Sometimes I think the computer dice rolls are just in my opponent's favor and there is nothing I can do about it, it's just the way it is, also sometimes another player can get into your head without you even realizing it. Win, lose, or draw, I think CTGW MP is just fascinating..! :)
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

tyro wrote:Nehi doesn't wanna reveal all his secrets to the masses. I also don't plan on saying how to conquer Brussels turn one. I see how you have time to vs onpp and not me operating
opnn and I are into our 51st turn and we are just having fun with our match.. :wink:
nehi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by nehi »

my perspective is very straight, russia is industry giant capable to fight cp alone, its unbeatable as first nation when someone not totally unexperienced is as entente

the more time u gave entente, the more hopeless cp situation is, entente have just great overproduction and sea domination

as i was looking for fastest way to beat the ai, it show me domino effect which is very useful even in mp, its only real option to beat russia

im still not sure which side should win if played perfectly, but im sure if cp dont get paris and france quickly, like in 20 turns or not much more, there wont be 2nd chance later

also im almost sure just blitzkrieg is not enough, but blitzkrieg is really needed to get as far as possible, as soon as possible, as there wont be that 2nd chance, even strategic bombed germany can fight, but cant fight forever (opnn was exhausted by it too btw)

ive played some of first mp games also like 50 turns, even as cp, but it was just because of slow advancing entente side, my "perspective" is considering similar level of players on both sides
tyro
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tyro »

In my opinion the length of Great War games is dependent on how long it takes Russia to get strong
nehi

Post by nehi »

tyro wrote:In my opinion the length of Great War games is dependent on how long it takes Russia to get strong
it depends on where entente put their effort, turkey is hopeless, but its large, so beating it takes as much time as beating germany
tyro
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tyro »

When turkey is that far gone it's probably already hopeless for cp
nehi

Post by nehi »

turks are for cp as serbs for entente, they can buy some time, nothing more