aegir vs. suprass AAR (no suprass)

After action reports for Commander The Great War

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Aegir
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

aegir vs. suprass AAR (no suprass)

Post by Aegir »

Hello everybody. So, this will be my first AAR (and forum post) then. I have just played against suprass - and lost by a narrow margin - the full 4-year campaign as Entente allies. The big plan for this game is therefore to defend a little more in depth in the east, rather than getting wiped out as Russia right at the start, and to engage in diversionary activities at the periphery more aggresively to prevent the CP from concentrating forces and resources for the war on the western front until the US gets into the war.

I hope suprass starts by trying the classic encirclement gambit against Belgrade, so I will deploy my troops to the south-east of Belgrade. If not, and if it's just a diversion, well then I will have to fall back to the blue line pretty quickly, and probably give up Belgrade, but keeping the front line short and intact is the key to surviving, if only for a little longer, when playing Serbia.
Turn 1.jpg
Turn 1.jpg (115.21 KiB) Viewed 5593 times
Turn 2.jpg
Turn 2.jpg (118.22 KiB) Viewed 5593 times
Aegir

Re: aegir vs. suprass AAR (no suprass)

Post by Aegir »

Operations on the West Front have begun. I am taking a risk by assuming that the Germans will try and project as far as possible into unoccupied French territory, before turning south towards Paris. As a minimum they can grab some coastline and deprive me of Calais as a port for disembarking the BEF. I will try and hold Antwerp and Calais while establishing a front line along the Somme, which should consolidate in time with some cheap reserve untis that I am building en masse to impede a direct thrust at Paris. The air unit in verdun gives me good visibility of the German force flow into Belgium for the moment.
Turn 4.jpg
Turn 4.jpg (132.87 KiB) Viewed 5583 times
It would seem that the Austrian line infantry is committed around Belgrade. I managed to wipe out some reserve units, but I am ready to swing southwest to block any advance between Sarajewo and Belgrade with those units freed up around Nis now. I left a lesser unit in Belgrade, even if it means that Belgrade gets taken in the next turn, but I need to conserve my only two line infantry units.
Turn 3.jpg
Turn 3.jpg (119.07 KiB) Viewed 5583 times

Return to “Commander The Great War AAR's”