Villev vs Operating AAR

After action reports for Commander The Great War

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Villev vs Operating AAR

Post by operating »

LandMarine47 wrote:The Russian revo in 1916? The way it should work is that the more territories you have, the less of a chance of a revolution! In this case this was an unfair game. This must be patched in the future.
Kirk, has been expressing his ideas, about how this Revolution problem should be resolved and should have an influence on what is going to be included with the upcoming patch. If you get a chance follow some of his thoughts.
operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by operating »

Congratulations to Villev, he got an "Ultimate Victory" , there's no doubt he won the match!

We agreed to let England alone fight to it's final hour. At this point I had 15 % NM and several cities in Turkey, a strong army waiting at the Suez Canal entrenched (5 infantry, 1 garrison, 1 gun and a fighter and more on the way), garrison at Akaba supported with a cruiser. Could of held out for awhile. England itself had 3 fighters and 2 bombers, more on the way, ships in port, with others blocking the Keil Canal, But they were getting pounded by AH and German artillery. A combined large CP force swept up all the English cities in Turkey, except for Akaba, this and, Zepplin bombings of England brought the NM down to 2% , acouple of more bomb runs, put it down to 0%, Game Over.....

Forgot the exact date in 1916, it might have been June.

Even though I had lost, it was an excellant lesson about strategy, defense and the nuiances of the game....And thoroughly enjoyable.
villev
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by villev »

Hi,

didn't know you had made an AAR of our match. Interesting to read the things as seen from the other side. Screenshots would be nice, add a few if you still have them. You can post them on imgur (http://imgur.com/) and then click on the image and copy the BBCode field here.

The balance shifted decisively in my favor when France fell. Germans were able to take Paris in the initial offensive, and even though they were on the extreme of their capacity then this enabled them to roll over the rest of France after resting a bit. The price of this were some losses in the east, but the Russians were still pretty easy to contain. And then, with the NM penalties from France and Italy surrendering, the Russians went as well even though they were in a very good position. If the revolution events were less harsh your Russians and Brits would have toppled the Ottomans soon- they were at 12% NM at the lowest, and it would probably only have taken a few more PP lost to make them throw in the towel.

All in all it was a good game. I think Entente can win if the CP player 1) fails to make real progress in France 2) fails to beat the Serbs (they should be strenghtened a bit too, in my opinion- they held out a lot longer historically than they typically do in-game) 3) gets beaten back as the Ottomans and 4) Russia doesn't surrender too early. But this would demand some serious mistakes to be made by CP, and is very rare.

Return to “Commander The Great War AAR's”