Massina_nz vs Suprass- The Great War

After action reports for Commander The Great War

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Suprass
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Massina_nz vs Suprass- The Great War (no massina please)

Post by Suprass »

3 AUG 1916

Quiet. Germans gathering forces for offensive... I hope to switch AH arty with German one after offensive begun. Then AH arty will go to support Italian front line.

Quiet. Bulgarians slowly comeing to aid Ottoman Empire. Also AH arty is comeing...

17 AUG 1916

Alied attack Germans in two sectors. Nothing special. I will wait and gather ammo.

31 AUG 1916

All is ready- German arty are in thair places and waiting for order to lounch assault.

If there will be no brakethru I will have to use new equipment.
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

14 SEP 1916

Germans start offensive. They destroyd french corps south west from Strassburg. After support frome three arty there was no casulties in ground units...

Quiet.

28 SEP 1916

Germans still pushing forward. Alied moved their arty to stop my advance. I forgot to take picture at the end of turn. After arty bombardment germens destryed French corps south west from Strassburg.

Ottomans and AH arty waiting for good moment to attack.
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

12 OCT 1916

Alied retreat from the south sector of western front. Massina want to keep line to avoid attack from three directions. I have sent AH arty to Italian front- allmoust everything is ready for attack. But winter is comeing...

British forces was not keeped at good tech level here so I was able to kill one corps. I have made an error to- I should move corps from second line to occupy hex after British corps was destryed. I didn't do this so I was unable to attack arty- I have forgot about this unit.
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

Sorry for delay... I was busy last days...

26 OCT 1916

Western front. At 5:55 German ground forces lead by Himburg started offensive... Masive artilery bombardment at the first 30 min surprised French troops (but the whole opperation wasn't big surprise- Massine scouted my arty concentration). Coordinated attacks enable German infantry to penetrate deeply into enemy territory and attack French arty. The plan is to turn on Dion and destroy frontline at southern sector. Ammunition is low becouse of bomber use to support attacking units. Also heavy air battles has been seen over the all front line lenght.

Italian front is ready to start their offensive.

Same time Ottoman Empireadvance after British forces. Battle for Suess Cannal has started.

9 NOV 1916

Heqavy fights near Verdun. Allied counterattack has cut of German spearhead. Only brave combined arty/bomber/infantry attack reestablished suplylines. Spearhed corps attacked French bomber.

Same time Italian front begun their operation. Italian line has ben broken in one point after arty and infantry attack.

Advancing Ottoman's attacked British lines to prevent trench building. I will regroup and strike at Ismailia fortress.

23 NOV 1916

Last turn before winter.
British and French units withdraw frome front line- thay took new possitions couple miles behind. It seems that there is a problem in units number to cover brake point. Central Powers took this territory and German corps attack the weakest point in new line. It was an attack without arty support (only bombers- AH and German).
The plan is to start assault on Dion and than after there will be a bigger hole turn to Paris and than Rouen. But I think I will be unable to do it becouse of winter. Massina made a smart move befor winter.

Italian counterattack stoped AH offensive in this sector. I will risk no more attack along the coast becouse of Battleships. If there will be a chance to make any progress I will attack Milan

Another attacks to prevent trench build. Next turn I will attack Ismailia. Arty prognosis are 5-0 if British will not upgrade garisson in the fortres.
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

Sorr I was busy and have no time to post new turns.

7 DEC 1916

I don't remember exactly what happend but I can say that there was a fight near Verdun. Both sides suffere casulties. Also Attack ona Ismailia was repeld by British.

21 DEC 1916

Screens before and after my moves. Entente moves back to make frontline shorter. My pursuit will damage effectivnes of my units so Massina can stop me at new possitions.
GogTheMild
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by GogTheMild »

It is fascinating to watch the to and fro of the campaign. An interesting right hook you have going in France.
We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

And couple more turns.

4 JAN 1917

Revolt in Arabia

Western Erope front still moves allmoust without fight. Arty bombardment and ground assault on British corps up from Dijon. Entente takeing new possitions better to defence. I will start bombing campain in England. Plan is after cutting Sues Cannal and attack rest of the convoys with subs. Land production wil be draind by flying mashines... The plan is to bite everywhere I can becouse winter block any of offensive manuvers...

Sues Cannal blocked... British will suffer a lot...

18 JAN 1917

Entente on retreat again... almoust no fighting. Bombers takeing possitions...

1 FEB 1917

Quiet. Winter brake. After Massina found new lines I have to stop attaking becouse lost of manpower and one more thing. I am at the stage that after heavy fights near Verdun I suffer from not enough corps number in the southern part of the fron.
In Italy nothing special.

15 FEB 1917

It seems that I forgot to take picture of the western front.

Bulgarians took Alexandria. It looks like this is it for this front...
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

GogTheMild wrote:It is fascinating to watch the to and fro of the campaign. An interesting right hook you have going in France.
Nice to see that someone is watching and enjoying this AAR.
afalarco
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by afalarco »

Suprass wrote:
GogTheMild wrote:It is fascinating to watch the to and fro of the campaign. An interesting right hook you have going in France.

i am looking to and this aar convince me to buy this game
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

afalarco wrote:
Suprass wrote:

i am looking to and this aar convince me to buy this game
THX. After I'm looking on AAR from CEAW I regreat that this game is not so popular as it older sister. Buta I can understand it- there are more people that are interesting in WW II than WW I. I was the same until I saw that there will be new Commander in WW I. From then I'm more interested in WW I than WW II.
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

1 MAR 1917

There are still heavy fights near Verdun. I'm loosing units. This is no good becouse Germans runni9ng out manpower.

Entente retook Alexandria forme Otoman Empire.

15 MAR 1917

Still fighting at the gates of Verdun. We both have heavy losses. I need to plan an offensive befor I will attack again... and have to gather ammo. I think that my corps southe west from the fortress will die this turn.

Finaly AH attack on Italian front. It may be na mistake that I left arty undefended but I was thinking that Italians have onluy one line and there will be no unit to counterattack. We will see what they will do.
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

29 MAR 1917

I took pictures before moves and after. Italian front picture is taken after arty bombardment and French front after fighter squadron attack bombers in Paris. Hopefully my corps near Vedun survived. I can't loos more units becouse new one enter with lowerd efectivness.

And here is situation after fight. French bombers are destroyed. Now it's time for a brake to regroup and gather some ammo.

Italian corps was destroyed and AH have now two hex to attack Milan. But I have used my ammo so I need a brake here too. Entente will surly try to recapture hex south-east from Milan.

German subs attack British convoys. We will take them with hunger... Third sub squadron is entering sea at German port.
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

12 APR 1917

Situation befor moves...

... and after. I wanted to start saving ammo but there was oportunity to destroy British corps. Germans lounched attack but I have decided to hold my ground. I have to be carefull and save manpower...

In Italy AH retreat to save positions

Uprising stopped. No more threat in this sector...

26 APR 1917

Before moves. It looks like Entente is waiting and regrouping.

Only Italians made some actions last turn...

And again I decided to harras one more turn. I was thinking that I am able to destroy another British corps but Germans faild even with arty support. This move can revange on me...

Harrasment on Italian fron. Frome now on I start to save ammo and plan last offensive I hope...
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

10 MAY 1917

French had destroyed my infantry corps. There is no more room for mistakes. Otherwise quiet.

All fronts saving ammo. I have moved my bomber squadrons in case of support in Italy. I hope that after 3 turns I will be ready to launch offensive. I will think about start bombing campain agains Italy. Maybee there is solution to first defeat Italians then France... but for now plan is that I will first attack in Italy and capture Milan. Then Turin to threat another direction in France. Then situation will be easier for Germans. For now there is a solid defene line in France and makeing any brakethrue will be difficult. Germans also start to build one more arty, fighter squadron and fifth submarin squadron....

Suprass

Post by Suprass »

This is a situation frome 7 JUN 1917 to 2 AUG 1917

Most is quiet- preparation for offensive.

Milan has been taken. Brakethru in Italian frontline.

Affensive in France has begun. I hav startet my attack where british arty can't give support for infantry. This turn I "softened" enemy and nex turn I will try to attack.
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

16 AUG 1917

After my moves.
Looks like my offensive has no chanse to brake french lines. Germans have used all of ammo and there is no progress. At last I'm able to bombard one unit each turn or lounch some bombing rides on cities...

Italian army is cut in half and I have started my jurney through the mountains....

30 AUG 1917

Befor my moves. British arty bombarded German's infantry, shuffle in the front lines- no more enemy's action.

Italian's front line moved back

I can't brake lines in one big assault so I will try to tire French.

In Italy there is a good progres. CP also continue crossing mountains....
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

13 SEP 1917

In Italy AH took Florence

Germans bombarded Dijon (took bad picture) to down french production. maybe it's time for smal breake to prepare another attack... But AH and Bulgarians and Ottomans are comeing from behind....

At the end of turn Italy surrendered. CP acepted surrender.
GogTheMild

Post by GogTheMild »

If you accept the Italian surrender, do you have to evacuate their territory?
We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

GogTheMild wrote:If you accept the Italian surrender, do you have to evacuate their territory?
No. War in Italy end at once. Territory that I have captured is mine- rest is Italians. I have capured hex that allaw me to enter France so there is no need to fight there.
If I do not accept surrender war is going on I don't know how long- maybee untill complete conquer of Italy...
Suprass

Post by Suprass »

27 SEP 1917 to 8 NOV 1917

From now ther is only one plan. baypas French lines through mountains and attack/ take cities frome behind.
Germans started their sub war... I don't think that US will enter war. In my oppinion there should be new rules for US entering...

Return to “Commander The Great War AAR's”