DLC '44 #8: Babruysk

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

DLC '44 #8: Babruysk

Post by VPaulus »

Please post here your comments about this scenario.
produit
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: DLC '44 #8: Babruysk

Post by produit »

FM, preset core.
DV 20/20 (I could have finished on turn 13, but I preferred to stay on the map for the cities to capture, exp and income every turn)
Cleared the whole map
Ending prestige 8192

I had enough money at the start of the scenario to upgrade 5 more tanks to Tiger II, for a total of 10. As a result, the scenario is a walk-over. Following the briefing, I fielded a lot of AA (3x 12.8 and 2x Möbelwagen). As a result, my ground units were rarely attacked by the numerous enemy airplanes. Achieving total air superiority took some turns, but was never a problem.

In the end, AI does not attack Tiger II and Elefant supported by artillery and does not attack FW 190D-9 (2-3 stars). As a result, with careful placement, you rule the battlefield and you are nearly never attacked. You still have to support your units correctly.

For another time, the AI spawn IS-2 (3 stars exp) at the end of the game (between 5 and 10, before I was able to put a unit close to every city). These IS-2 beasts were the most costly units to kill. I would be more interested to have to fight these beasts deployed into the attack waves, as have to kill them when the battle is already won. Putting 5-6 IS-2 (3+ stars) could spice a bit the scenario, but it is perhaps too much for an already battered core of units.

On one side, the scenario is interesting, and I love this continuous air attacks. On the other hand, with a good core and placement, the scenario is really easy.

I captured just one soviet vehicle (a SU-122). I don't take into account the numerous AA for two scenarios ago. It is not so much, and capturing a ISU 152 would really be cool :-)
deducter
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by deducter »

produit wrote:FM, preset core.
DV 20/20 (I could have finished on turn 13, but I preferred to stay on the map for the cities to capture, exp and income every turn)
Cleared the whole map
Ending prestige 8192

I had enough money at the start of the scenario to upgrade 5 more tanks to Tiger II, for a total of 10. As a result, the scenario is a walk-over. Following the briefing, I fielded a lot of AA (3x 12.8 and 2x Möbelwagen). As a result, my ground units were rarely attacked by the numerous enemy airplanes. Achieving total air superiority took some turns, but was never a problem.

In the end, AI does not attack Tiger II and Elefant supported by artillery and does not attack FW 190D-9 (2-3 stars). As a result, with careful placement, you rule the battlefield and you are nearly never attacked. You still have to support your units correctly.

For another time, the AI spawn IS-2 (3 stars exp) at the end of the game (between 5 and 10, before I was able to put a unit close to every city). These IS-2 beasts were the most costly units to kill. I would be more interested to have to fight these beasts deployed into the attack waves, as have to kill them when the battle is already won. Putting 5-6 IS-2 (3+ stars) could spice a bit the scenario, but it is perhaps too much for an already battered core of units.

On one side, the scenario is interesting, and I love this continuous air attacks. On the other hand, with a good core and placement, the scenario is really easy.

I captured just one soviet vehicle (a SU-122). I don't take into account the numerous AA for two scenarios ago. It is not so much, and capturing a ISU 152 would really be cool :-)
10 Tiger IIs, impressive. However, this scenario is severely undertuned, I had one Tiger II and I destroyed the Soviets without really trying. I didn't bother to upgrade most of my units, still using Bf 109 and Fw 190A, and I destroyed all the Soviet planes without trying either. It felt like 1941.
Mountaineer
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Mountaineer »

I did think this was easier than it should be. It was not until I started moving forward that I felt any pressure. I thought I had won on turn 10 and never felt I had to fall back. I did finish by turn 13.
billmv44
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by billmv44 »

Playing on General, imported core. Prestige 10616 to start, 10,0094 at end.

After looking over the map and taking into account the heavy Red Air Force expected, I went without any infantry. All tanks, AA, Arty and my Luftwaffe. The Russians pressed hard initially, but couldn't crack my lines. I easily killed their infantry in the open and their tanks were not much of a threat against my 4 and 5 star Tiger IIs and Panthers. DV on 17 but could have had it much earlier. One thing I noticed was that the AI wasn't really taking advantage of his bridging units. I think it would make sense to up the difficulty of this scenario. Maybe have more forces in the initial assault.
Panzer Corps Beta Tester
Allied Corps Beta Tester
monkspider
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by monkspider »

Babruysk
General difficulty
Starting prestige 6200
After upgrades 150
Ending 1900
Losses: 1x Wehrmacht infantry, 1x Hummel, 1x STuG
Marginal victory 20/20

After a highly successful performance at Mogliev, my prestige was the highest I can remember it being for a long time. In fact, for the first time since I can remember, i was able to fully overstrength all of my units! I felt like I was truly back in business! Unfortunately, my luck was not meant to last.

My losses on this battle were much higher than the previous battle. In fact, I probably had more losses by turn 3 or 4 than I did on all of Mogliev. Nonetheless, my defenses prevented any large scale breakthroughs by the enemy. Only in the south did he make any headway but even this was only temporary. After settling for marginal victories lately, I decided that this was the moment that I would press the attack and get the decisive victory that would crush Operation Bagration. With my powerful, overstrengthed core, I thought victory was assured.

After what I perceived to be breaking the back of the enemy offensive, I launched my own offensive all along the front. Unfortunately, an enemy counterattack in the north started to push me back almost immediately. In the south, I made fair headway and attempted to cross the river so I could capture the final airfield objective. Unfortunately by this time the enemy started to spawn absurd levels of IS=2s in the area. My Panzer IVs and KV=1s were no match. Even my Tigers/Panthers could only put a marginal dent in them. I lost a STuG and an ill-defended hummel to the enemy counterattack. The IS2 spam continued to the end, but I still was at least able to achieve a marginal victory.

I must say though, I still find this enemy unit spam to be rather frustrating. It really gives the feeling of "cheating" by the AI. Although no one else who played this scenario seemed to have any major problems with it, so maybe it isn't that big of a problem.
deducter

Post by deducter »

I had a problem with the AI's JS2 spam too. I killed at least 10+, probably more like 15. The AI's per turn prestige needs to be reduced, while the main attack waves could use a bit of a buff.
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

FM

I think i more or less finalised my tank and AT core for the rest of this DLC.
4 Tiger II, 4 Tiger I, 2 Panther A, 4 Pz IVJ, 2 PzIIIN, 2 Jagdpanthers and 1 Jagdtiger.

The russian groundattack in the open consisting of infantry and cavalry against my armor was actually a training mission. Even their tanks could not prevent that i took all that could be taken.
The airattacks in waves is nice but didn't make me panic at all. My 6 fighters took care of them, together with the 3 AA units i placed. The total amount of planes is okay but the number of attackers should be higher in the same wave.
What is the sense of spawing a JS tank on the same riverhex at every turn, just sitting there to get shot to pieces every turn again and again?
Another question. Were the russian bridge engineers scripted to appear on the river? I would have sworn that one moved on top of the river or it just came out of the blue.
Personally this was the easiest mission of this DLC and didn't offer me any challenge. I think i would go for a higher difficulty level if i had those unlocked, which i don't.

DV 17/20 6263PP
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
charonjr

Post by charonjr »

Rommel - pre-build core

OKW has send me another SE Panzer, a Pz IVH this time which will be upgraded.

Starting with 5.1k prestige - 6.3k after selling the Jagdtiger and KV-1C. Except for having no level bombers my core is pretty much how I want it to be so I will try to overstrengthen everything for now after buying 2 He 177A (leaving me with 5.1k prestige).

Ended with 2 prestige and 1 Me 410A still lacking 1 STR and only being able to upgrade the SE Pz IVH to a IVJ.

OK, yup, the briefing was right, a lot of Soviet aircraft... ;)

And I liked having to chase after a couple of Soviet units which were able to slip past my lines at first, finally a real job for my Panthers ;)

Once I reached the bridges the game basically turned into a turkey shot again, could have won a DV at turn 15, but kept playing.

Dv at 20/20 with 3.5k prestige and I will need some repairs - not because the scenario has been hard, but mainly because I am playing abysmally bad today.

The scenario was fairly easy, once you dealt with the aircraft waves (not that hard with 5 FW and 3 ME + 3 AAA) and took care of the runners it became camping the bridges and shooting everything that dared to try to cross. Even the IS-2 spam was easy this time since they often spawned on river hexes.

Again I would favour more IS-2 in the attack waves and possibly less of them later.
hmshood
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by hmshood »

Easy?....The Russian's had more tanks than hair on my aunts mustache...more planes than..well whatever...exciting scenario...core took a beating again...

The Tiger II's held up well.....almost everyone else took boo-coo hits...average core unit STR (except Tiger II's) down to 5-6....lost another fighter doing some Recon work...

Prestige management is absolute top priority...this is game VERY realistic...I am hugely impressed...having a blast...

retreating to Minsk now....

hmshood
AMDonline
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AMDonline »

am really surprised how people are saying this an easy map?

maybe it got patched after their posts because i face an ocean of Russian tanks in this map, i barely finished it with DV with a sneak on the last objective airport on the last turn

or was my army just weak?

postimg . o rg/image/rkua9l6nz/

postimg . o rg/image/7ri6gvta7/

postimg . o rg/image/flndg0qgv/

postimg . o rg/image/vz7cz66m7/

postimg. o rg/image/qeuvoj7r3/

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”