DLC '44 #7: Mogilev

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

dutmistrz
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: DLC '44 #7: Mogilev

Post by dutmistrz »

I'm on this one now, turn 4.

A classic defensive river action - made a salient in the center using some Tiger's , Elephant and a Panther, concentrated the infantry and arty in Mogilev. On the flanks made two detachments 3 tanks, one inf and one art each backed up by some AA, but AA comes best in the center to put down IL-2M3's which come floodingly there in the first turns.

I'm making a controlled withdrawal from the right river bank, especially the north area, but I plan to hit back when reaching the river. Why? The hit'n'withdraw tactic can make the Soviet flood more easy to handle and especially when tanks are eliminated by joint panzer and aircraft action, only conscript/regular infantry remains which now walks into it's death path under my arty and armoured train, then will be time for a counterattack, also using the flank, strong groups.

Aircraft is still superior to Russians, especially after the previous scenario which granted some exquisite units for the AA purpose. T-34/85 are now quite dangerous for Panthers, so that the first line fighting is a Tiger's job.

Neat scenario, I like these defensive ones as they give some breath and time to plan, also resupplying and rotating troops.

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”