Air unit speed

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Iscaran
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Iscaran »

+1 for this last proposal about movement.
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

uran21 wrote:
Kerensky wrote:Ahh interesting, and quite enlightening. Sorry, this is something I've never really understood myself, I was honestly curious.

If top speed, or cruising speed, divided by a variable is too severe. Aircraft could be divided up into ranks.

Planes falling into the 200-300 mph range will have movement 10 or 11.
Planes falling into 300-400 mph range will have movement 12 or 13.
Planes falling into 500-600 mph range will have movement 14 15.
Me163 will be 16 movement probably.

It's not a big deal though, just throwing ideas around.
This would make a good approach.
This is what you think until you look at all the maps.

Range movement effect the location of air fields.
If this is changed it can effect game balance.

Need to re-examine airfield locations and review it's impact.
AceDuceTrey
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by AceDuceTrey »

I went into the equipment file and arbitrarily changed all aircraft speeds the reflect "turns" aborne. Most fighters were given Half (-1) their fuel putting them at 20+ range (jets were given 30+) but never more than half their fuel so that they could always retrun to base. Bombers were given in the high teens to mid 20s. In this way, fighter could fly out, do their thing, and return home. Bombers could "loiter" longer in the airspace looking for targets.
AceDuceTrey

Re: Air unit speed

Post by AceDuceTrey »

To update my comment, I took the fuel allocation in the equipment file and divided in by combat radius percentage for each type aircraft to determine their movement allowance. From WWII data, virtually all aircraft had a combat radius of 1/3 their operational range (fuel allowance) except single engine bombers which had a combat radius of 1/4 (with their normal bomb payload). Most bombers multi-engine aircraft also had an "extended" combat radius of 9/20 by exchanging approx. half their bomb load for extra fuel.

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”