UK cheats with the RAF (fighters) or is it a bug

PC : Epic WW2 grand strategy game covering the European theatre.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Time of Fury Design

pthtiger42
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

UK cheats with the RAF (fighters) or is it a bug

Post by pthtiger42 »

I am playing as Germany the Grand campaign. I have destroyed in turn 15 the last fighter in the west from the UK. I think that in turn 13 or 14 I destroyed 2 other fighters. The French have no aircraft at al in the west (they are destroyed). So I have complete airsupremacy in the west on turn 16. No, for some reasen the UK gets his fighters back again and again. I can destroy them but the fighterss return 1 turn later as level 1 fighters with strenght 10.

Is this a bug or is this a rule that the UK always has 3 fighters in the west? I loaded the game and played UK manually. Disbanded the 3 fighters. Saved the game and played on has germany. 2 turns later the fighters came back and attacked my bombers. This is so frustrating. It is impossible to destroy those fighters.

I have a saved game if you need one.
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: UK cheats with the RAF (fighters) or is it a bug

Post by Razz1 »

Fighting the Battle of Britain is costly.

After a period of time the planes will stop rebuilding.
gwgardner
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by gwgardner »

Please clarify, Razz. Are you saying that the AI has special events rebuilding these air units?
pthtiger42

Post by pthtiger42 »

In one year they get 20 new fighters. And then it starts all over after a year. Don't destroy the fighters. Let them live with strength 1 or 2. They come back at full strength. The same thing for Germany. Look in data and then for events for the country. If the AI falls below a specific number of fighters they get new ones until 20. For each year they have set a minimum number. It cost me a lot of PP to bring the fighters back to full strength.

From the start of the war until 30-06-1940 the rule is:
If the UK falls below 3 fighters they get new ones. So if you kill each turn 1 fighter, you have after 22 turns at last air supremacy. But remember, from 01-07-1940 they come back. Kill again 20 and so on.

Return to “Time of Fury”