Time of Fury editor

PC : Epic WW2 grand strategy game covering the European theatre.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Time of Fury Design

gavind
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Time of Fury editor

Post by gavind »

Hi marklv, did yu ever manage to find a work around for this? I'm not sure but the latest version should be able to fix this.
Gaming for life Image
Ason
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Ason »

The dl-link doesn't seem to be working...
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Ason wrote:The dl-link doesn't seem to be working...
Try from the link below:
http://www2.wastelands-interactive.com/ ... or_New.rar
Ason
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Ason »

Thanks!:)
Ason
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Ason »

I get the same error as mrklv, I can't start the editor because the time of fury editor/data/water.png is used in another process.....
also the editor dl-link isn't working again................
Hairog
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Hairog »

Its too bad they gave up on this game. It was so close to being the definitive WWII strategic simulation. SO ClOSE....YET SO FAR.

I keep hoping they let some modder tinker with the code like IL2-1946 Sturmovik did. The newest updates and mods are very, very outstanding. Literally 50 new flyable planes and a couple of dozen maps and hundreds of new objects to bomb and strafe. You can get the base game for $9.00 and then the mods are free.

If only someone could do that with this game... SO FRIGGIN CLOSE!
Ason
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Ason »

Hairog wrote:Its too bad they gave up on this game. It was so close to being the definitive WWII strategic simulation. SO ClOSE....YET SO FAR.

I keep hoping they let some modder tinker with the code like IL2-1946 Sturmovik did. The newest updates and mods are very, very outstanding. Literally 50 new flyable planes and a couple of dozen maps and hundreds of new objects to bomb and strafe. You can get the base game for $9.00 and then the mods are free.

If only someone could do that with this game... SO FRIGGIN CLOSE!
Yeah, I like it alot, although it's a shame the diplomacy is too simple and there is no unit stacking.. I hope Strategic command 3 will beat it!

What are the biggest problems with TOF in your opinion?
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

It's been pretty long since I've tried to play it. Off the top of my head.

1. The editor never really worked.
2. Invasions happened with impunity despite absence of air superiority or even naval superiority.
3. The naval game needs work. Too many zones you can't move into and no reason given why. The ports have to be modeled better. Its confusing exactly where you ships need to be to enter port.
4. Invasions are hard to figure out if you just get into the game with Mulberry harbors being almost impossible to figure out without help.
5. The convoy system is wanked. You should be able to make your own routes and if they are too long etc. then you pay.
6. The tactical bombers should be able to fly interdiction missions like in other games. This was the most common mission for fighter bombers, Stukas ect. An interdicted hex would slow up movement and cut supply. Pretty easy to program yet I couldn't get them to work with the concept.
7. The Nukes don't permanently damage hexes. They regenerate within a couple of turns.
8. IMHO you should be able to declare war on whoever you want. I don't understand the thinking behind Hitler not being able to declare war on Spain or Vichy etc. I really don't think that Stalin and Hitler worried about diplomacy points.
Ason
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Ason »

Is there anyone that can help me get the editor working?? I got 2 editor .exe files one of them seems to be working but I can't place cities or units... Do I really have to edit it all in the text files? or is there some way I can place units and cities in the editor?
Hairog

Post by Hairog »

As far as I know you have to open up the excel data file...which is in European CVS format... and change them in there.

Return to “Time of Fury”