Moderator: Slitherine Core

ColOlrik
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Multiple download.

Post by ColOlrik »

Hi, i received today this message :

"Dear LGROSSET,
We noticed you have downloaded some turns multiple times. If you are having any technical issues please report them at www.slitherine.com/forum.
We'll do our best to resolve any issues and get you up and running ASAP.
Regards,
The Slitherine Team."

I have some problems with the game. It seems to crash when i save or when i end my turn, in multiplayer or in solo games... Not every time but many times... Very hard for me to play in such conditions !
So in multiplayer games every time i download my turn "multiple times" it's after a crash. I try to save my turn very often in multiplayer games, if i do not this it crash and i have to do again at the start of the turn...

I read a lot of topics in forums dedicated to the game, some people have the same problem it seems to be a codec installation problem.
I desinstall all my "codeck packs" tonight, i hope it will be ok after this. If it's not the solution i will come back to you for some help.

I apologise for my bad english but i'm french and i don't practise my english enougth, especially written !

Regards.

L.G
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Multiple download.

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Thanks for letting us know. The email is coming from the cheat prevention system. Hopefully the guys can sort out a solution to your codec issue.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
ColOlrik

Post by ColOlrik »

Cheat prevention system ? I hope i'll not be banned or blacklisted because of this problem !
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

colonel_olrik wrote:Cheat prevention system ? I hope i'll not be banned or blacklisted because of this problem !
Don't worry. We will not ban your account or blacklist. :)
ColOlrik

Post by ColOlrik »

Thanks ! :-)

I finish to desinstall codeck packs on my computer, i re-install the game and i'll check in solo game...
ColOlrik

Post by ColOlrik »

It seem's to work, no crash today !
I just hope it will work also in multiplayer game, when my opponent send me his turn i'll check... :-)
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Good. :)
ColOlrik

Post by ColOlrik »

Hi, since a few days i have some problem again...
My computer crash many times a day (4 times this morning...) when playing and i recive your system message (multiple downloading) ; i try to resolve it as soon as possible and apologize for the disagreement.
I clean my system (Windows re-install) so i hope it will be ok after this...
ColOlrik

Post by ColOlrik »

Hi, it's me again and it is about the same game... We start it in november 2014 ! We are turn 181, the end aproach... 8)
For a few days i have some download problems due to bad weather (storm) ; i contact my provider, they are working to solve the problem. Sorry for disagreement.
ColOlrik

Post by ColOlrik »

I just got another message from your servers.
It’s still the same problem ; my internet connection becomes unstable after a storm and it takes sometimes a few days during which I try not to play.
I'm still in contact with my internet provider (Orange) for this recurring problem.
I apologize again for the inconvenience; be aware that I do the maximum to return to normalcy as quickly as possible.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East : Tech Support”