Cannot get game to start in Multiplayer

PC : Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is the spiritual heir to the great Eastern Front games of the past.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

demyansk
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Cannot get game to start in Multiplayer

Post by demyansk »

I click on MP and it says auth failed and this was the second time I ever tried a MP game and my opponent is awaiting a turn, any suggestions? I have a system that usuallly works with all MP games and online stuff.

Do I reinstall?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If it used to work, what has changed? Maybe just try again as it could have been a connection issue.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks for getting back to me, I started a game the other day in multiplayer and of course it allowed me to set up the game and JonReb responded to my challenge and I received an email from him. I opened up the game, played the turn and sent. Then the next day I opened up WITE and clicked on the multiP button and it gives me an authorization failed message. I am trying to think if anything changed on my computer. All other games work and I even went to the Firewall section on my system to make sure it wasn't blocked for some reason. I checked my anti-virus and thats fine. Can't figure this one out, maybe I need to check the slitherine forum because I changed my password?

Still not working, weird, something changed and you know computers, any help is appreciated, i am on xfire as demyansk if you want to help me
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Okay, I got the game to work.

This is what happened, duh - I registered the game with slitherine so I can play the multiplayer game. I changed the password in slitherine and it was different then the password in the multiplayer screen - therefore, the two passwords are different. I also read on slith's page about problems with PBEM and to reset the password, then it hit me , damn I'll bet I have two different passwords, yup, that was it, 2 hours of time and got it going, oh well, now to panzer corps

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East”