Cannot get Game to start in Multi-Play

PC : Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is the spiritual heir to the great Eastern Front games of the past.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Zemke
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Cannot get Game to start in Multi-Play

Post by Zemke »

I accepted a game a day or so. I got an e-mail from Slitherine telling me he had completed his turn, (pretty cool). I followed the instructions, opened multi-play, clicked on the game/my name, clicked play and nothing. What am I missing now? I have yet to get this multi-play thing to ever work for me.

Is it possible we have different versions? I am using 1.03beta
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi Zemke, sorry you are having problems. This is a game specific issue which we need to refer you to the developer on. It shoudl just work but without knowing exactly how the game behaves its hard to know what you migth be doing wrong.

If you have problems downloading or ordering your game please post here or mail info@slitherine.co.uk with your order details.

For any technical issues with the installer or the game, please visit the Matrix forums, where the development team will be able to help http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=695
Zemke

Post by Zemke »

I got it going, thanks.
Hermann
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Hermann »

im having the same trouble its turn 6 and the game suddenly wont open.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry you are having problems but can you try the developers forum. We're not really qualified to help on these type of issues.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=695
demyansk
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by demyansk »

How did you get the multiplayer to work? It says login authorization failed and I have the physical disk and everything, not sure if its due to last patch 1.05 etc.

Slitherine, can you make the forum easier to find an opponent instead of scrolling for each member by one in the bottom of the page?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

To find an opponent use the PBEM server in the game. It lists everyone around the world who wants a game. Could not really be easier, but you do need to be able to log in to see that! Sometimes the issue is the firewall, sometimes Internet explorer blocking the cookies needed to communicate with the server. Are you abel to play other server games?
Hermann

Re: Cannot get Game to start in Multi-Play

Post by Hermann »

i removed the game and reinstalled it. Changed my forum password at slitherine and used the new password to login - everythings fine now.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East”