New Panzer Corps is the old Panzer Corps?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

wargovichr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

New Panzer Corps is the old Panzer Corps?

Post by wargovichr »

There are three major gripes (amongst other never patched) I have with Panzer Corps 1 which I hope are fixed for Panzer Corps 2, otherwise I'm not really interested in purchasing the game.
The first is the crazily inaccurate wild "normal" combat resolution setting where a 4-star Tiger attacks a 1-star regular Russian infantry (entrenchment one) with battle prediction 0/-8. Combat results: rugged defense -5/-5 and 350 prestige points lost by the German!!!
Or three full-strength German fighters mass attack a 2-star Russian fighter with combat prediction 0/-9 in clear weather: die result -2/-5!!!
And don't yakety-yak me about "dice chess" and all that. FIX it! The combat prediction (first example) should have been stated as -1 or - 2/-8 and then if the combat result is 0 attack losses, than great!
Another problem is spending very hard earned prestige to building an over strength unit to 12, 13, 14 or 15 and then have a wacko "normal" combat resolution knock one to five points off your combat unit! In real combat, it is the least experienced troops that are likely to be killed off first, NOT the most experienced elite troops. So it's wrong to have combat results that knock off these over strength points, such an unrealistic waste. Change something.
Lastly, I've read a lot of military history books: World War II, the Russian front, etc., I don't need another game that rehashes historical results. Guess what? The Germans lost World War II! I want an interesting counterfactual, where one has ability to command weapons production, procurement or development programs. We know from WWII history that the German Army had many outmoded, duplicative, disjointed and competing weapons programs and weapons too complicated, expensive, or unreliable not to mention ineffective (horse drawn transport, delayed all out war footing, German rail guns, dive bombing jet planes, V1, V2 missiles, too many types etc.). Add a weapons/unit production/development option.
Okay one more. Develop a German "Mediterranean strategy" campaign series with the German capturing and closing off the Mediterranean and focusing on defeating the British Empire FIRST, (before attacking Russia ... if at all!), in other words, a chance of WINNING the war.
Elkarlo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: New Panzer Corps is the old Panzer Corps?

Post by Elkarlo »

I agree. I'd like, especially late 42 on to be chargeable. I don't want to end up at Berlin no matter how well I do.
Keep the campaign names like citadel and D day, but change where when and how they're fought.
Panzer general had Moscow 43 iirc.
I'd like the option if choosing Leiningrad, Moscow or Stalingrad in 42 as well. With drastically different scenarios.
jeffoot77
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by jeffoot77 »

when u play with "dice chess" option, it changes all the game !

i totally agree with the Tiger againt infantery

"here one has ability to command weapons production,..."
--> it already exist in panzer corps 1 : it is "battlefield europe" mod : http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
IttoOgami
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by IttoOgami »

wargovichr wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:52 pm There are three major gripes (amongst other never patched) I have with Panzer Corps 1 which I hope are fixed for Panzer Corps 2, otherwise I'm not really interested in purchasing the game.
The first is the crazily inaccurate wild "normal" combat resolution setting where a 4-star Tiger attacks a 1-star regular Russian infantry (entrenchment one) with battle prediction 0/-8. Combat results: rugged defense -5/-5 and 350 prestige points lost by the German!!!
Or three full-strength German fighters mass attack a 2-star Russian fighter with combat prediction 0/-9 in clear weather: die result -2/-5!!!
And don't yakety-yak me about "dice chess" and all that. FIX it! The combat prediction (first example) should have been stated as -1 or - 2/-8 and then if the combat result is 0 attack losses, than great!
Another problem is spending very hard earned prestige to building an over strength unit to 12, 13, 14 or 15 and then have a wacko "normal" combat resolution knock one to five points off your combat unit! In real combat, it is the least experienced troops that are likely to be killed off first, NOT the most experienced elite troops. So it's wrong to have combat results that knock off these over strength points, such an unrealistic waste. Change something.
Lastly, I've read a lot of military history books: World War II, the Russian front, etc., I don't need another game that rehashes historical results. Guess what? The Germans lost World War II! I want an interesting counterfactual, where one has ability to command weapons production, procurement or development programs. We know from WWII history that the German Army had many outmoded, duplicative, disjointed and competing weapons programs and weapons too complicated, expensive, or unreliable not to mention ineffective (horse drawn transport, delayed all out war footing, German rail guns, dive bombing jet planes, V1, V2 missiles, too many types etc.). Add a weapons/unit production/development option.
Okay one more. Develop a German "Mediterranean strategy" campaign series with the German capturing and closing off the Mediterranean and focusing on defeating the British Empire FIRST, (before attacking Russia ... if at all!), in other words, a chance of WINNING the war.
I think you should check out the game "Strategic command", it can give you a lot of those things you mentioned in your last sentences. Though it is advised to go the "historical path" at least for 1939/1940, you can do different already there, and you can do all crazy stuff ("mediterranean strategy" a lesser crazy) from there onward.
IttoOgami
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by IttoOgami »

wargovichr wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:52 pm There are three major gripes (amongst other never patched) I have with Panzer Corps 1 which I hope are fixed for Panzer Corps 2, otherwise I'm not really interested in purchasing the game.
I think you should check out the game "Strategic command", it can give you a lot of those things you mentioned in your last sentences. Though it is advised to go the "historical path" at least for 1939/1940, you can do different already there, and you can do all crazy stuff ("mediterranean strategy" a lesser crazy) from there onward. I also think the mod "Battlefield Europe" in Panzer Corps gives you a lot of interesting strategic decisions while playing with the same scope/similar game rules. The only downside to "Battlefield Europe" is, that, at least initially, you can't buy much stuff and have to stick to the troops you have on the map.

Return to “Panzer Corps”