SUPER GREAT NEWS I AM ON YOUTUBE

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Livepay again this weekend, same time as usual

Post by goose_2 »

Braccada and I will be rumbling through Barbarossa as quickly as possible, but probably only half the scenario, unless it becomes a for gone conclusion on who will win.

Should be a knock down drag out fight but probably going to be the first win for Braccada in the playthrough.

Hope you can make it and let me know if there are any questions.

Not much of an update with Single Player as sickness kept me away from the game mostly.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
goose_2

Re: SUPER GREAT NEWS I AM ON YOUTUBE

Post by goose_2 »

Quick question: (Spoiler Alert)

I just finished Osterode....I failed to get a Decisive, but did pull a Marginal.

I have the feeling I could pull a Decisive off, but I would need to reshoot the parts of the battle that I am at right now.

I have a saved game where I could start at Day 7 onwards. I think I have a strategy that would work to get the Decisive, but again I would need to reshoot.

This would mean I would lose out on a +3 Attack Hero, and 1 Spotting Hero.

What do ya think? Retry or keep as is?

PS: I hope you saw the match between Braccada and I, it was super fun and no spoilers but I think you know who won. ;)

It is on his website and my side is on mine.

If you could let me know that would be great as I am set to upload the next days in my Manstein Playthrough, but not if I am going to reshoot. :mrgreen:
goose_2

goose_2

Braccada and I will face off in less than 36 hours

Post by goose_2 »

SUPER Excited to play Kiev after the shellacking I received in Barbarossa it is time for Army Group South to restore our front.

Hope you can watch and would love to see your comments and questions.
goose_2

goose_2

This weekend Braccada and I face off in Moscow

Post by goose_2 »

So I was beat like a lame dog 2 weeks ago in Barbarossa, then I am in the process of beating Braccada back in Kiev, so now the showdown in Moscow 41 comes this weekend at the normal time.

I do not expect to win, but have a plan of action to at least get as far or similar to the historical battle.

Watch and see the back and forth pain that takes place.

I hope you all are enjoying this liveplaying that we are busting out because I know we are enjoying very much.
goose_2

goose_2

Update on thoughts on my channel and my broadcasts

Post by goose_2 »

Hey - Hey My Peeps,

OK so I have done an analysis of my channel and based on the feedback, comments, and thumbs up on the videos you like I can come to this conclusion:

Most Popular Broadcasts:

Double Rommel Afrika Korps Campaign. (I am loving this one as well, it has turned out to be an exciting unexpected playthrough. If you have not played yet, you are missing out on a real gem in the Panzer Corps lexicon.)

Grand Campaign Ultimate Playthrough 39: (This is my newest playthrough and one that has a love/hate effect on my playing, maybe that is why it is so popular.)

Based on these garnering the greatest views and all that blah de blah, I am committing to upload at least one of these broadcasts every single day to help feed my fans. :D :D :P :mrgreen:

Semi Popular Playthroughs:

Grand Campaign 45 Manstein Playthrough (I am surprised as I thought this would be very popular as there is limited playthroughs of these battles on the internet, but it is so...)

Blindthrough of US Corps 44-45 (I am in the middle of this campaign and the losses are hurting my excitement as well, but I am a completionist.)

Based on this they will be alternated in uploads from the most popular Campaigns.

Least Popular Broadcasts

Shining Force No Egress playthrough (This does not surprise me as the music is too loud and the gameplay is super boring, but it is something different.)

Lutheranism 101 (This does not surprise me, but I enjoy them and see it as an opportunity to share what I believe and why I believe it.)

Lutheranism has been a weekly broadcast and now I will make Shining Force only a weekly Broadcast as well.

My most enjoyable playthrough

This brings me to my liveplay campaign with Braccada.

I am enjoying this most of all and hope to continue, but Braccada has lost the fever for it.

He says viewership and interest has gone down for these, so he is wanting to continue once PC 2 becomes available. I am thinking that is still like a year to 6 months away, and hoping I can convince him to switch to some of the balanced scenarios.

If you too are interested in these let Braccada know so more squeak gets added to the wheel and may get the grease. :D :D :D

Either way I am super pleased to see my viewership rising, my subscribers increasing and all of the wonderful encouragement.

Thank you I am truly humbled.
goose_2

goose_2

Re: Update on thoughts on my channel and my broadcasts

Post by goose_2 »

goose_2 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:48 pm Hey - Hey My Peeps,

OK so I have done an analysis of my channel and based on the feedback, comments, and thumbs up on the videos you like I can come to this conclusion:

Most Popular Broadcasts:

Double Rommel Afrika Korps Campaign. (I am loving this one as well, it has turned out to be an exciting unexpected playthrough. If you have not played yet, you are missing out on a real gem in the Panzer Corps lexicon.)

Grand Campaign Ultimate Playthrough 39: (This is my newest playthrough and one that has a love/hate effect on my playing, maybe that is why it is so popular.)

Based on these garnering the greatest views and all that blah de blah, I am committing to upload at least one of these broadcasts every single day to help feed my fans. :D :D :P :mrgreen:

Semi Popular Playthroughs:

Grand Campaign 45 Manstein Playthrough (I am surprised as I thought this would be very popular as there is limited playthroughs of these battles on the internet, but it is so...)

Blindthrough of US Corps 44-45 (I am in the middle of this campaign and the losses are hurting my excitement as well, but I am a completionist.)

Based on this they will be alternated in uploads from the most popular Campaigns.

Least Popular Broadcasts

Shining Force No Egress playthrough (This does not surprise me as the music is too loud and the gameplay is super boring, but it is something different.)

Lutheranism 101 (This does not surprise me, but I enjoy them and see it as an opportunity to share what I believe and why I believe it.)

Lutheranism has been a weekly broadcast and now I will make Shining Force only a weekly Broadcast as well.

My most enjoyable playthrough

This brings me to my liveplay campaign with Braccada.

I am enjoying this most of all and hope to continue, but Braccada has lost the fever for it.

He says viewership and interest has gone down for these, so he is wanting to continue once PC 2 becomes available. I am thinking that is still like a year to 6 months away, and hoping I can convince him to switch to some of the balanced scenarios.

If you too are interested in these let Braccada know so more squeak gets added to the wheel and may get the grease. :D :D :D

Either way I am super pleased to see my viewership rising, my subscribers increasing and all of the wonderful encouragement.

Thank you I am truly humbled.
Hope you are enjoying the extra broadcasts of my favorite replays and the limited uploads of my less watched replays.

So happy that I was able to play Braccada this weekend in Return to Kiev and he seems to be enjoying more the balanced maps, please let him know that you are enjoying so he continues to want to make with me, and please let me know if anyone wants to liveplay me a different map.

Blessings on your week.
goose_2

goose_2

Channel Update

Post by goose_2 »

I am gone this weekend for a much needed vacation with my wife.

We are getting away and leaving the kids with Grandma who is allowing us some much needed couple time.

With that said, Braccada and I will not be able to finish Return To Kiev or Moscow 41 until next week.

With that said what should be our next balanced map that you guys want to see?

I was thinking either The Dneiper; Ruingrad; or Bocage Breakout. (But would love to hear your thoughts since you are the viewers.)

Single player progress:

Afrika Korps: I am on the Mareth Line 3rd Battle of the losing Path, and I am not ready to start until probably next week.

Grand Campaign Ultimate Mode: I am still contemplating how to win Warsaw, I watched Richard Martin's but I want to try and do a Northern plan that I am still doing research on how to do it. I do not plan on getting a Decisive, as that is just not possible at this level, so no Spoils for either one of us, but a different approach is in the works. ;)

Grand Campaign 45 East Manstein: I am still busy in the Poznan 45 playthrough, busy trying to come up with a plan to rescue my trapped SE King Tiger. :oops:

Blind Playthrough of US Corps 44-45: I am at the tail end of the Ruhr Battle, which I should finish up next time I play.

As you can see I am very close to being all caught up with my broadcasts and then will not have future broadcasts ready to upload. So with the vacation and the need for more playtime, I will have to wait a while before I upload more after Friday's Broadcasts.

Thanks for all your patience, encouragement, and feedback. It is much appreciated.

I will see you next week for the liveplay with Braccada, let me know your thoughts about our next map.
goose_2

goose_2

Channel Update:

Post by goose_2 »

OK so I took a week off and now am ready to start posting again:

I started with a great one. The end of Kasserine Pass was very, very exciting. I can't wait to see what feedback I get on that one.

Next up will be something my wife will publish when it finishes loading.

It is the start of Warsaw North on Ultimate difficulty.

At least the first 5 days.

Another very exciting battle.

I hope you enjoy:

Here is where I am at with my various playthroughs:

Multiplayer with Braccada: We are set to finish Return to Kiev and hopefully Moscow 41, but Braccada is reluctant to start the next map. Not sure what I can do to entice him. Maybe you guys can help him out. ;)

Afrika Korps: I have just started Mareth Line, wow, wow wowzers....this is cruelty at an epic level. So many planes, so many units that I am unsure how I will have all my units survive as they are extremely aggressive, and the usual tactics that used to hold them back do not appear to be holding them back. (That will be brutal)

Grand Campaign Ultimate Mode: I have finished Warsaw and am preparing for Oslo, which I thought would be easy, but watching Richard's as well as Braccada's I see that I was very, very wrong. I will have to settle for a Marginal that I will be playing this weekend.

Grand Campaign 45 East Manstein: I have 1 more part to record for the end of Poznan 45, but need to prepare as the forces that are coming at me are quite daunting.

Blind Playthrough of US Corps 44-45: I have finished the Ruhr Battle, and am not ready to start Sankt Vith, not sure when I will be.

I will get some good time to play this weekend, but also will be spending time with the kiddos at the pool as supposed to be super hot, but hopefully no more pauses in broadcasts.
goose_2

goose_2

WARSAW NORTH ULTIMATE DIFFICULTY

Post by goose_2 »

My Wife got it posted:

Hope you enjoy, this Ultimate Difficulty is completely insane and is not for the faint of heart.
goose_2

goose_2

Channel Update:

Post by goose_2 »

So I ended up having a super busy weekend, and not as much playtime as I originally expected.

My 18 year old, who has moved out, the original Goose, surprised us Saturday Night after we got back from a date. My wife and I watched "Yesterday" I highly recommend it as an outstanding movie. Well we get home from that to find our son surprised us with a visit. It was great chatting with him, but that meant less time for other things.

However, I did a very bad thing. :( :( :oops: :cry:

I played Braccada this Saturday, and my eagerness to win outweighed my desire to continue playing him. I broke him, and he is not ineterested continuing our liveplaying. :( :( :(

I am super happy tht I got to liveplay him, but for now he is not interested in continuing. :(

I am unsure if I can get anyone else to liveplay me, but it is something I would love to do with someone, anyone, as it is uber exciting for me, but may not be as exciting to watch as we had hoped.

Single player Update:

The only update is on the one that most want to watch:

I am at the midpoint of this playthrough and I am hanging on by a literal shoestring. I do not expect to Decisively win this scenario, but pretty confident with holding a Marginal based on a little trick I pulled off. I will keep trying and who knows if I can pull some kind of creative miracle like I did on Kasserine Pass.

Other than that single player action this weekend that was it for me, but with the 4th of July coming up I will again get some more time to bust out some gameplay.

Thanks again for all the feedback, it is much appreciated.
goose_2

TSPC37730
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Channel Update

Post by TSPC37730 »

goose_2 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:41 pm I am on the Mareth Line 3rd Battle of the losing Path, and I am not ready to start until probably next week.

As I understand it, in order to play along a more historical path (retreating to Tunisia) you have to lose at Alam Halfa. How did you handle this? Did you attack at all? I'm at this point and I'm thinking of just sitting back and fighting a purely defensive battle. Force some surrenders & collect some experience for the last scenarios.
goose_2

Re: Channel Update

Post by goose_2 »

TSPC37730 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:36 pm
goose_2 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:41 pm I am on the Mareth Line 3rd Battle of the losing Path, and I am not ready to start until probably next week.

As I understand it, in order to play along a more historical path (retreating to Tunisia) you have to lose at Alam Halfa. How did you handle this? Did you attack at all? I'm at this point and I'm thinking of just sitting back and fighting a purely defensive battle. Force some surrenders & collect some experience for the last scenarios.
You should watch this episode for exactly how I did it:

but here are the instructions for how you can do it too.

Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+C to enter a cheat code. (#N means an integer number).

endscn #N
Ends current scenario with outcome #N (in campaigns 0=decisive victory, 1=marginal victory, 2=loss).

Let me know if you have any questions
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Hey Hey guys...

I have just received the change in orders on Sankt Vith where I can decide to exit my units or go for the all kill.

I am playing blind and really want to go for the all kill, but is it hard finding all of their ground units, or do they pretty much all come at you so you can kill them all?

Thanks cause I would hate to lose, because of some stupid Bruckenpioniere off in no mans land. ;)
goose_2

goose_2

Channle Update after long weekend

Post by goose_2 »

Ok extended weekend and much to report.

Afrika Korps: Busy posting the finish of The Mareth Line as that was an extremely exciting and nail biting playthrough. I was astonished with how many units I either lost or were knocked down to only 1 strength point for the most units I have ever seen in any playthrough.

I am in the middle of Tunisian Bridgehead, final battle of the losing path, and I have to admit it seems rather anti climactic compared to what I faced in Mareth. I might have been able to handle the map based solely on my aux units, but maybe they intended that in the game after the devastation of Mareth Line, either way I should be finishing up before the weekend, so I can concentrate on the winning path, which I will need to keep a close watch on my prestige as when I hit 1943 I will really hurt for prestige based on the losing Path.

Grand Campaign Ultimate Mode: Operation Weserübung is in the bag. Here is my Oslo Playthrough:

I thought Norway was going to be easy based on my previous playthroughs, but each map had their own challenges. In fact I needed to redo Narvik based on my first playthrough wrong set up and execution. I will hold off on starting 1940 until I am able to post the playthroughs, but I did a cursory check and interestingly enough I am still starting with a stronger force than if I would start it at Colonel Level, even though the tear up I have incurred playing on Ultimate Difficulty.

Grand Campaign 45 East Manstein: Poznan 45 is in the bag, anti-climactic ending to be honest, because I misread the conditions, but started Breslau incorrectly as I got aggressive slightly which lost me both my Wurfrahmen's so I will be restarting and trying again. :oops: :oops: :cry:

Blind Playthrough of US Corps 44-45: I have started Sankt Vith and got frustrated with one enemy counter attack so did 1 save scumming based on that frustration. I feel bad about that but that sometimes happening in this game, and I apologize for my lack of fortitude. I am at a point where I am told to exit, but I am fully prepared to wipe the map, I think, so I believe I will go for that instead and if that gets me a loss reload from my current spot and exit instead, because a loss ends the campaign.

This coming weekend will garner even more than normal opportunity for playing as my wife will be out of town. I have all the kids, but they need a lot more sleep than I do. ;)

I am still hopeful that I may find someone that will be willing to live play on mp again, but no one has taken me up on the opportunity as of yet.

I also may try to cannibalise my old computer's video card to apply to my new computer to hopefully get the opportunity to play PC2, finally.

This weekend my channel blew up with comments and views, which feels very humbling and much appreciated, maybe someday I could actually get above 71 subscribers. ;)
goose_2

goose_2

LIVEPLAY IS BACK ON!!!

Post by goose_2 »

Sturmadler has his own channel...Storm Eagle

(The restrictions at work are not allowing me to find it so I am unable to link.)

We are set to rumba tumba at the same time I did with Braccada.

We will be doing Campaign playthrough and Balanced play as well.

This time with me as the allies, watch as I play from a different angle on the games than Braccada took.

Starting with
Poland

and

Battle for the Bzura.

I am so excited about this and hope to see you in less than 24 hours. ;)
goose_2

goose_2

Weekend Channel Update:

Post by goose_2 »

Had some time to get some playing done this weekend, not as much as I hoped, but enough to make Daddy happy.

1st and most important. Happy to report I was able to liveplay Storm Eagle 1, unfortunately I overslept my normal time and had to reschedule a few hours later than normal, as such it created a gap between Opening and the rest, but once we played the back and forth was pretty non-stop. This time I am playing as the allies and go over a lot of great ideas on how to play the allies, especially early war.

I like this playing a historical and balanced map at the same time and I do not want to spoil the result, but the balanced map was a real nail biter. If you are bilingual you can check out his playthrough on his channel, which I still cannot search on my works restrictions, but my Day 2-end are found here:

Next week it will be Norway and Spoils of War, and this time I will not oversleep. ;)

Single Player Update:

Afrika Korps:
Losing Path in Tunisian Bridgehead is in the can and that last battle is kind of a disappointment after the grueling Mareth Line scenario, I guess they really felt Mareth would decimate your army, which it does, but c'mon people it is the end, make that last battle CRUSHING.

Winning Path is next and I will get started with that at some point, not yet though.

Grand Campaign Ultimate Difficulty:

Still waiting to start 1940 after posting the last 3 broadcasts of the very exciting Narvik battle.

Grand Campaign 45 East Manstein:

Breslau is well underway and I plan on wrapping up this week, it is tough, but not anything that I cannot handle. (Hint: Use a lot of AA to help soften up their airforce, and infnatry to hold city hexes, backed up by a lot of artillery.) ;)

Blind Playthrough of US Corps 44-45:

Sankt Vith is in the bag and it will be a while before I start Bastogne.

So happy to find someone to liveplay again, thanks for the continued feedback comments and encouragement.
goose_2

captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

Hi Goose2,

Personally I don't usually restart once committed to a campaign unless I make a really dumb mistake or if I identify a brilliant new strategy (in the last few weeks I come up with quite a few novel ways to foul up most of the Afrika Korps scenarios so have restarted a few times). I'd be reulctant to lose a 3A hero to go from MV to DV, though the spotter would normally be no big deal. However, as per the recent heroes discussion, it does depend on which type of unit and what heroes they already have. Two spots on a recon or kradschutzen or an extra spot on Rondorf for example can be very useful.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

captainjack wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:54 pm Hi Goose2,

Personally I don't usually restart once committed to a campaign unless I make a really dumb mistake or if I identify a brilliant new strategy (in the last few weeks I come up with quite a few novel ways to foul up most of the Afrika Korps scenarios so have restarted a few times). I'd be reulctant to lose a 3A hero to go from MV to DV, though the spotter would normally be no big deal. However, as per the recent heroes discussion, it does depend on which type of unit and what heroes they already have. Two spots on a recon or kradschutzen or an extra spot on Rondorf for example can be very useful.
Hey Captainjack...thanks for posting a comment. I am frustrated because my internet and phone are out again, and I will be gone this weekend. They say that it is supposed to be up and running by the end of the day today, but I will not be home until late tonight so unable to load anything new until tomorrow. :evil:

As far as restarts, I try very hard to avoid them, but have found myself more than normal doing it in US Corps as some scenarios are very difficult, especially blind.

Afrika Korps I do not think I have done any restarts which feels good at this extremely difficult level and debilitating destruction that occurred on the Mareth Line. I am looking forward to attempt the winning side soon, and done some preparing research for Suez Canal. Reading my old thread on my Afrika Korps playthrough was very enjoyable and enlightening:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 8&start=40

I playtested first 3 days of Ultimate Eben Emael last night just to come up with ideal layout and execution.
That difficulty level is very time consuming and is taking maximum planning and execution to acquire the best results. I am still unsure of whether or not I will even attempt a Marginal Victory on Eben Emael. A Decisive is out of the question, Marginal seems possible but loss acquires additional prestige. I am more inclined to at least try for the Marginal to show it is possible, but allow myself to take the loss for prestige purposes as my prestige acquisition has been anemic, on a 25% prestige rate. (I know I am not playing at 25% prestige, but it has the same kind of effect with the other limitations I am playing at.)

Bastogne is something I am building towards probably next week. Breslau on Manstein is in the bag, it turned out to be a real meat grinder, but in the end very, very doable.

Again I will be gone this weekend, so after my liveplay with Sturmadler I will not be posting anything until Monday, unless I get sometime to post a quick Lutheran podcast, I have been pondering going over the old Covenant, which when I explained to my family was surprised to find out that it is not well understood.
goose_2

PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Channel Update:

Post by PeteMitchell »

goose_2 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:16 pm I played Braccada this Saturday, and my eagerness to win outweighed my desire to continue playing him. I broke him, and he is not ineterested continuing our liveplaying. :( :( :(
Oh wow... what did I miss here? ...and what map was this?
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
goose_2

Re: Channel Update:

Post by goose_2 »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:02 pm
goose_2 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:16 pm I played Braccada this Saturday, and my eagerness to win outweighed my desire to continue playing him. I broke him, and he is not interested continuing our liveplaying. :( :( :(
Oh wow... what did I miss here? ...and what map was this?
It was the finish of Moscow 41 and Return to Kiev. I beat him like a whipped dog, and he cried for mercy. ;)

I think he just felt he explored it as much as he was willing to go. It bums me out, because he has beaten me before and could do it again, I just really know the game really, really well.

I am now playing Sturmadler, aka Storm Eagle1 on youtube who plays exclusively in German, I just played him last week in Poland and Battle of the Bzura at the same time, and it was fast and quick for both of us, I am hoping to do something similar this weekend in Norway and Spoils of War.

Unfortunately as of now our internet and phone is out and they keep extending expected repair time. :evil:
goose_2

Return to “Panzer Corps”