What if campaigns

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

truth80
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

What if campaigns

Post by truth80 »

Hi all - I´m looking for "what if" campaigns, especially after Germany won the WW2. Do you know any MOD / DLC?

- US East Coast (invasion after London´s surrender)
- Far East (Invasion after defeat of the Soviets and victory in Africa)
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: What if campaigns

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Don't know of any for PzC, but Strategic Command had a scenario in Patton Drives East (part of the Classic WWII pack now) called 1946 Case Neptune, which has the Allies invading an Axis controlled UK, west Africa, Middle East and Russia (the border being drawn roughly along the Arkhangelsk-Volga line). And it is possible (although really hard) to invade the US.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
truth80
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by truth80 »

That sounds cool. Do you have any link to the related forum or maybe a download link?
BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
truth80
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by truth80 »

Thanks a lot! :)
AnalogGamer
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by AnalogGamer »

I did not perform my due diligence, and was seriously disappointed with the Grand Campaign. All downhill on every track. I am currently working on a large fictional campaign, set in '42/'43, that goes forward on the Eastern Front. Once I get the hang of the process, I would like to make it progress through '45. My "Eastern Front" is immersive yet fictional terrain that does not match any place on Earth. 136x96 (just over 13,000) hexes in use at one time.

Invading the USA always seemed way too far-fetched. Yammamoto himself said "I would never invade America. There would be a gun behind every blade of grass."

Hearts of Iron III is an excellent strategic game for that level of play. You start in 1936 as ANY country and go.
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

AnalogGamer wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:56 pm I did not perform my due diligence, and was seriously disappointed with the Grand Campaign. All downhill on every track.
Did you look at Grand Campaign West?

That what-if victory branch for the final half of '45 is aggressive while being somewhat plausible. The perfect balance imo.
truth80
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by truth80 »

I'm looking for something in PzC. I played all DLCs and tons of Mods many many times, both historical and what if campaigns. I would be glad to have fictional campaigns (even in the early years of war, the side doesn't really matter). If there is a progress with your fictional campaign, I'm glad to be one of the test user :)

Anyway a nice door is still open after Sealion. The core units can be further used (invading USA?) after the victory at Reykjavik. I put high hopes that we're going to get still a DLC :)
AnalogGamer

Post by AnalogGamer »

Thanks Huck. I am re-starting the pocket in '41, so I can take that path.

Truth. the editor is not that difficult, especially if you are not modding anything. Setting up fictional battles on existing maps is not hard. Programming the AI is more so, but for PvP you don't need it.
truth80
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by truth80 »

Maybe it´s worth to try the editor after having 10 years in gameplay :)

Return to “Panzer Corps”