Swapping units

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Bronze
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Swapping units

Post by Bronze »

Restarting one of my favorite all time games after a hiatus and need some help with my memory....
Can't 2 units capable of movement swap positions? If so, how do I do this?

In reading the forums I am not comprehending the concept of soft cap percentage, anyone point me in the right direction?
TSPC37730
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Swapping units

Post by TSPC37730 »

AFAIK there's no way to "swap" unit positions. Wish there was.

The soft cap reduces the amount of prestige you receive, either as a by-turn allowance or by capturing flags & objectives. Basically, if the average cost of your deployed units is above 400, the soft cap starts to come into play. One big exception is SE units. SE units do not count towards the soft cap. This is why you will frequently see others on this forums preferring tanks over infantry for SE units. The tanks - especially in the latter years - cost more, but, since they don't count towards the soft cap, they don't hurt you.

You can see if & how the soft cap is affecting you by mousing over your prestige amount in the upper right hand corner of the screen. If the number is 100%, the soft cap is not hurting you. If it is less than that, then the amount of prestige you will get is correspondingly reduced. Note that for the most part, the soft cap doesn't come into play until '44 & '45. In some cases, you'll see it in '43 if you use a lot of overstrength. Prestige accumulation is critical towards the end, and it can be a game breaker.

Welcome back to the game & good luck!
Bronze

Re: Swapping units

Post by Bronze »

Thank you!

Return to “Panzer Corps”