Khalkhin Gol win for Japs

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Erasermarek
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Khalkhin Gol win for Japs

Post by Erasermarek »

I play today Khalking Gol map (Soviet campaign) and i try to win this map for Japs... Was hard enough for me. In turn 6 i was able completly destroy whole enemy attack (especially i need prestige - trap on bridge and surendered units help me a lot) and cap enemy HQ and airfield. On turn 11 finally fall both enemy fighter and stil i must wait to turn 12 to victory. Was fun... anybody try fight for Japs? I think they deserve some campaign like for Soviet, USA or Allies... even only Italy can play in Afrika whole campaign.
Turtler
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Khalkhin Gol win for Japs

Post by Turtler »

I have. It's not too complicated either. You need to hold the river line and bleed the Soviets out.

Your big enemy are the supremely outnumbered units- both in terms of individual unit strength and unit numbers- and a paucity of prestige. So Raw Reinforcements are your BFFs (ironic, given how historically the Kwantung army was one of the best equipped of all the Japanese forces and battle hardened, but I guess they didn't want to make it TOO hard for beginners).

You're pretty much not going to save the Southernmost unit no matter what you do, so don't get too sad about it. But what you SHOULD do is try and rush reinforcements- including your tank- to the river line. Not ON it mind, but one hex over. That way you can limit the Soviet advance. Likewise rush troops down the left side of the map while moving your forward unit there ack until you can meet up with and destroy the enemy troops.

Then it's a balancing game of letting them come across, suppressing them with artillery to get a critical hit, and finishing them off.

You're probably not going to be able to defeat their airplanes in the sky, but once you have broken their land troops you can shift your men over, conquer the airfield, and let them fall out of the sky for want of fuel.

Now, trying to defend MANCHURIA in '45 with units that have apparently never been upgraded from '38......now that is hard......

Return to “Panzer Corps”