Grand Campaign 45 East - Berlin

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

codman
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Grand Campaign 45 East - Berlin

Post by codman »

So it's 1945 and I need to defend Berlin as I near the end of the 45 East GC. Thinking about upgrading my 2 Krads, 3 mt troops and Kav units to 43 Wehr and 43 Heavies. They've been great all through the campaign but as this scenario and the next are all urban combat, I'm thinking they'll defend better if I upgrade them.

I suspect if I back them with arty, they'll survive an armored attack but lately both the Guards and Regular Infantry pack a good punch and they get worn down. My goal for this one is to wear the attacks down and go on the offensive 2/3 of the way through.

Any thoughts?
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Grand Campaign 45 East - Berlin

Post by huckc »

Ammo and entrenchment.

For the first few turns focus on raising entrenchment by not attacking or being attacked with your infantry. At a certain point enemy artillery won't even bother shooting at well entrenched infantry, which lowers it and will keep lowering it. You can then attack back which doesn't lower it but it won't raise either, not a problem if it's high enough already.

Wehr is good, I find their six ammo as the magic amount to attack back without risking full ammo depletion which is a major blow-up scenario. Five ammo infantry is a liability to sit on the front-lines while needing to counter-attack imo.

This is all from my experience winning decisively on Field Marshall. If you're on Manstein then it's a whole different ballgame.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Grand Campaign 45 East - Berlin

Post by goose_2 »

huckc wrote:Ammo and entrenchment.

For the first few turns focus on raising entrenchment by not attacking or being attacked with your infantry. At a certain point enemy artillery won't even bother shooting at well entrenched infantry, which lowers it and will keep lowering it. You can then attack back which doesn't lower it but it won't raise either, not a problem if it's high enough already.

Wehr is good, I find their six ammo as the magic amount to attack back without risking full ammo depletion which is a major blow-up scenario. Five ammo infantry is a liability to sit on the front-lines while needing to counter-attack imo.

This is all from my experience winning decisively on Field Marshall. If you're on Manstein then it's a whole different ballgame.

Manstein get's you very accustomed to Marginal Victories... :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :wink: :mrgreen:
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Return to “Panzer Corps”