Which Campaign?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

stormbringer3
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Which Campaign?

Post by stormbringer3 »

I'm curious as to which Campaign people enjoy the most, East or West?
Thanks for any opinions.
stan23
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Which Campaign?

Post by stan23 »

West, more variety, fighting the 'Soviet Horde' gets totally monotonous.
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

It's hard to say. There is more effort put into the scenarios of the west and on their own they are more stimulating. However, they are also more puzzle-like. That is to say they have a particular best solution. Add to that the limitations imposed by the smaller core and prestige reset and you get a less repayable campaign.

The eastern scenarios are simpler and less creative. However, you have a huge army so you can play with all the different unit types and classes. You can win the scenarios many different ways using many different armies.
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

I rate them both as excellent and would opt to play first whichever interests you the most at time.

Contradicting what I just wrote, I believe East was release first, so that might make a better starting point by virtue of developer progression.

Up until '42 the campaigns are identical, so you can keep a save then so you don't have to replay things from '39 each time.

I do like the what-if scenarios in the West, I think they're reasonable and well thought-out. So no magical supply lines, troop movements that would require teleportation, and cross-ocean naval landings against a massive navy and air force.
proline

Post by proline »

huckc wrote:I do like the what-if scenarios in the West, I think they're reasonable and well thought-out. So no magical supply lines, troop movements that would require teleportation, and cross-ocean naval landings against a massive navy and air force.
So the idea of invading America 3.5 years after defeating the European powers doesn't work for you, but the Germans going from defending the gates of Berlin from the Soviet horde in May 1945 to marching through London in July 1945 totally works for you? OK, got it. Makes sense.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

I am at the start of West 45 on Guderian level and have played through Berlin on Field Marshall in the East and am now trying it again on Manstein.

I love them both, but I concur with the monotony versus the dynamism of the Western Campaign.

East is painful , where as West is dynamic and I agree seems more like a puzzle.

I love them both though and have enjoyed every aspect of this great game, except for the glitches in watching replays. :oops:
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Return to “Panzer Corps”