Panzer Corps Tournament 2020

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by ClaireRedfieldU »

P.S. Lifever will become a champion, why artificially delay the tournament in which everything is clear.
Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion

Post by Lifever »

ClaireRedfieldU wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:49 pm P.S. Lifever will become a champion, why artificially delay the tournament in which everything is clear.
I would comment on the maps, but I don't know them, so that's that.

Artificially delay is a stretch. I would really love to take this home and be done with it, but why end preemptive because there is someone in the lead? Every match holds the same opportunities for both parties. It's not like anybody can take his scoreboard lead into the matchup. A new tourney also won't change the field of competition in a massive way: The best are still around - which is evident by their win/loss record right from the start...

There are other places to be determined as well. That's imo very important for the credibility of a tourney... and there are people who care for 2nd, 3rd place or even hanging in there - which they should. I hope top10 are also fought out... by players who drop out after this round if they wish. (Doesn't make it longer!)
Nothing worse than losing interest in something when you can't take 1st spot anymore. Ruins the experience in any game.

In other words: It's not over until it's over. :)

Of course I get that a lot of people want a shot or the next tourney... this is awesome, have a little bit more patience.
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ClaireRedfieldU »

HELP friends, after the next update of windows 10, the panzer corps began to slow down very much before the game worked normally, now one battle takes 17 seconds, the game screen is constantly torn. What could be the problem? play was just unbearable.
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

I a432 have won vs coombes545. My opponent surrendered both sides. Here are the screenshots.

With the allies I have successfully landed in Sicily. The axis forces is Sicily appear to be making a full retreat, trying to hold at the mainland. In the north I have successfully landed on the mainland trying to hold in the hills. In the north there is a very heavy Axis air presence and tank force. Clearly my allied forces in the north face some difficulties, I can only wonder if they could hold out till the force from Sicily provided relief. In addition allied air force has already taken significant losses.
Attachments
italyallies3.jpg
italyallies3.jpg (439.26 KiB) Viewed 4400 times
italyallies2.jpg
italyallies2.jpg (573.62 KiB) Viewed 4400 times
italyallies.jpg
italyallies.jpg (489.56 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

Here are axis screen shots.

The allies have landed in Sicily. However they have already taken moderate causalities and are being push backed to the sea both in the south and in the west of Sicily. The allies have chosen not to land in the mainland yet. The forces for the landing are sitting just of the coast. I presume they are waiting for a good moment to try and land and to hide from the German air force. Perhaps my opponent was hoping at some point I would leave it undefended. More likely he was trying to achieve air superiority before attempting to land. I have taken some major axis air losses already with more to follow. However the axis do have plenty of AA on this map and with Sicily soon to be firmly under axis control the allies will encounter difficulties wherever and whenever they choose to land the other force.
Attachments
italyaxis3.jpg
italyaxis3.jpg (392.42 KiB) Viewed 4393 times
italyaxis2.jpg
italyaxis2.jpg (407.75 KiB) Viewed 4393 times
italyaxis1.jpg
italyaxis1.jpg (531.17 KiB) Viewed 4393 times
italyaxis1.jpg
italyaxis1.jpg (531.17 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
italyaxis1.jpg
italyaxis1.jpg (531.17 KiB) Viewed 4396 times
Lifever

Post by Lifever »

a432 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:53 pm Here are axis screen shots.
I am truly shocked by these screenshots.

How can a person still play in this tournament that has not even activated his OS.
It's basically a driver winning in an unregistered car.
Come clean now A432... think of the example you are setting for the younger generation of strategy gamers.
A Panzer Corps tournament player needs to hold himself to a higher standard. :(

---

Coombes545, parlez-vous francais?
The allied side is lost, but the axis could have still taken it.

In the north a432s' allies would never punch through the mountains, nor get the city free - in other words: The north is yours. 3 to 5 turns to direct troops south from there, while chewing up last resistance.
Your airforce is tiptop - look at it - 3 FW intact. His airforce is on its last legs or his prestige is empty at this point - look at his loss-list, you shot down every single one of it, so you know. Either way it's clear sky 100% after the next air encounters. From there on out the navy gets trouble... Without boats and airforce the Allies don't make it north. They have to buy AA... and stick to the shore... and lose.
A draw could have been fought out of this... or even a win with some... inspired ideas.

A Panzer Corps tournament player needs to set an example of grit and determination. :(

Dismissed (congratulations)
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

Lol I need monies to activate the OS. That is why it remains not activated. If anything I set a good example, "just do it". Even if you don't have everything you want just try!

On my allied side I had plenty of prestige left. Over 2000 from the screen shots. I wansn't going to reinvest in the air force, maybe I'd get 1 good American fighter. My plan was to push as quickly as possible from Sicily using most the the American navy (leave at least 2 behind in the north for help) and the remaining air force to help. Remaining prestige would probably be spent on artillery and AA. Regardless I knew the allied side would be difficult, axis however felt like the game was already won.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

I really like the idea of tournament AARs with screenshots, this makes it much more interesting and engaging for the reader/follower! :D
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

It has come to my attention that if you defeat all allied units the scenario is not over so a situation can develop on the battlefield where all allied ground units are destroyed/expunged off Sicily and Italy...

If this happens whichever player does it first wins...
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Lifever

Post by Lifever »

a432 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:22 pm If anything I set a good example, "just do it". Even if you don't have everything you want just try!
I second that thought: Doing anything is basically easy mode when you got everything. We could even twist that around... most people today are held back by what is allegedely needed to do something. There are a lot of polished examples out (especially in video format) that give that perception, putting the results before the process. The true magic is in doing and trying regardless what you have at hands.
a432 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:22 pmOn my allied side I had plenty of prestige left. Over 2000 from the screen shots.
Tried to see it from his perspective... It's the options of the allies with those losses: Replace or do without. Either way: Axis airforce rules from that point out, which has a major impact on the game.

Also agree on screenshots and talking about the individual game progress that makes it more interesting. :)
Lifever

Post by Lifever »

Update: Lost the game in round 1. 3 inf losses north with the allies is too much to come back from... that front will crumble soon. If I weigh my turn on the flipside in, we are talking about a hefty kill difference (aux troops) while we - funny enough - did absolutely the same in those sectors including the sequence of firing.
Dice kept hating me during round 2 (-8 on the 190D :D) while it took me 2 FWs and the BF to down that little.. warhawk - the weakest of the bunch.

Sucks, but Gwaylare has a good gameplan and it's one of those maps where if the start totally flukes out AND you play against a worthy opponent - there's no overcoming that.
I assume with half the bad luck it would be enough - he still puts me away, but as it stands - this is not winnable anymore.

Could surrender there, will fight on, but... how to say it: Expect the upset as I told you earlier OR don't expect an upset on my part anymore? :p

Well, a round 2 surrender would have style, but take a good look coombes545..! :D
coombes545
Panzer Corps Tournament 5th Place
Panzer Corps Tournament 5th Place

Post by coombes545 »

Herr Lifever, merci pour vos commentaires intéressants. Une fois que j'ai vu que le jeu était impossible à gagner car vous semblez avoir conclu vous-même à votre tour 2, j'ai décidé que j'avais le choix. Je pouvais continuer inutilement car le jeu était déjà perdu, ou je pouvais utiliser ce temps plus rentable pour emmener ma tortue (il s’appelle Flash) pour une promenade dans la ville. J'ai choisi ce dernier bien que nous n'ayons toujours pas terminé notre promenade.

For those following in English:

Herr Lifever, thank you for your interesting comments. Once I saw that the game was unwinnable as you seem to have concluded for yourself in your game turn 2, I decided that I had a choice. I could continue pointlessly as the game was already lost, or I could use the time more profitably taking my pet tortoise (he is called Flash) for a walk around the town. I chose the latter although we still haven't completed our walk yet.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Excitement!! Maybe you guys have some screenshots as well if possible, please?
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
woken
Panzer Corps Tournament 2nd Place

Post by woken »

pested fleet.PNG
pested fleet.PNG (547.21 KiB) Viewed 4102 times
Pestered allied ships.
woken

Post by woken »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:37 pm Excitement!! Maybe you guys have some screenshots as well if possible, please?
Battle of the Toe
woken

Post by woken »

allies09 battle of the toe air1.jpg
allies09 battle of the toe air1.jpg (284.74 KiB) Viewed 4045 times
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Now this is exciting.
Thanks for sharing Woken
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

Where did the Churchill go?
woken

Post by woken »

a432 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:31 pm Where did the Churchill go?
As far as the axis is concerned, he is unaccounted for.
Lifever

Post by Lifever »

coombes545 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:37 am Herr Lifever, merci pour vos commentaires intéressants.
@ Coombes545

Tu as de beaux yeux...

This is the reach of my French... enough for school and a good time in France. More like body language and the polite question to switch to english...
Thanks for your effort to direct your first post towards me. I feel honored... and a little confused!
You don't fatten and eat that animal, do you?

Congratulations for placing that high..

---

Got some sad news - kind of.
Not the match - that is just a tragedy. ;)

A data-issue with the hd killed the final edit of the last vlog in which my wife had invested well over 20 hours. I had to remedy an nvidia update (416.xx+) that killed any rendering support from the gpu in the edit software, making it impossible to finish that project two weeks before that (damn those updates, damn publishers who are too greedy to resolve issues if the license is just 1y old. Still not moving my life into the cloud...)
I would also have to re-record some of the stuff. So don't want to re-edit, don't want to let it just go to waste => Sucks

Broke another finger "in Stalingrad" - yeah, same finger, other hand - the "triggerhand" this time. I know... What the... Built a house without a broken bone just to fall apart once living inside... "It was all downhill after I turned 35..."

Combined with the horrendous rng in Italy, which felt unsatisfying for a final performance, and the consequence of a two month penalty that data loss might have been the final nail in the coffin.

We await our third child in the beginning of december and I really wanted to finish earlier than that... to have my mind as free as possible.

Put together this might be the end of the LiFever experience.

iirc it was third place with the win in Stalingrad? That's as good as a win: in achievement and compared to my initial expectations ten times over.

Don't worry... don't cry! :D ... still doing great, but it might be necessary to put an end here to stay on top in life.

After that hd-accident I might be a little irrational, so I will let my family decide as they have to pay the price and inform you in time to set up the next round.

Kind regards

Return to “Panzer Corps”