Panzer Corps Tournament 2020

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

v8cobra99
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by v8cobra99 »

I believe that I lost both of my Poland battles to ApaniTiger. My head was not in the game and not paying attention or any strategy. Couple of hard days working, lost attention to the battles.
TigerTiger007
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by TigerTiger007 »

If anyone wants to practice for the next few rounds (Norway and the Low Countries) I am posting some games with the password: practice

Just figured since we have a few days before round two matchups are announced we might as well get in some practice time.
"It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers."
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

Ok I am giving an update on where we are at with Round 1 results.

First off I am sorry about the hack phishing email you all received, my sister in the Philippines is doing just fine. :P :roll: :lol:
Seriously that was some serious CRAP.

Anyway thanks for your patience while we worked through that and got that all squared away.
Alberto, has got something planned to help send out these mass emails/pm/posts, to let everyone know in a safe secure fashion what is up.

So here are the results with 48 hours remaining.

These are our First Round Winners:
Winners both sides
bubblebox UK
texasboy central US
SSIGeneral East US
goose_2 central US
Thaler Canada
agentj23 Poland
Mkoki77 Serbia
A432 East US
Gwaylare Germany
rag116 central US
AMDonline Saudia Arabia
rishat Russia
Striped_soul Latvia
coombes545 UK
paulwalvoord central US
treacypr East US
Thorsten Germany
ApaniTiger MT US

Winners as axis but lost as allies
Cougarranger western us
Mordigo Greece
StefanDK Denmark
gilgul Spain
TigerTiger007 MT US
httpouille France
Shilod Moscow
topgun central US
Alexrommell central US
pelocho08 Spain
Saper2229 Russia
dolphin0810 Germany
PAK_Paule Germany
Warhomer Denmark
NightPhoenix Netherlands
Ratprince central US
Urban Hungary

These are our First Round Losses:
Losers both sides
PoorOldSpike UK
garrycooper101 central US
sss0216 East US
eddieballgame Alaska
buffaloraven western us
Lionheart Germany
adamsofronijevic Serbia
Mutageno Spain
sn0wball Germany
StahlRat Canada
pophead Finland
BoneDaddy central US
mhadina Croatia
leonidas048 UK
djinnwind central US
demyansk East US
Muwattali Germany
v8cobra99 western us

Won as Axis but took longer than opponent
bigdogcurt western us
byte8 Serbia
elninjo Norway
RuiMarques Portugal
italianopribe western us
ahuyton Scotland
Yoky Czech Republic
Ins07 Russia
jad43 central US
HowlingEmpath central US
Victor_K Canada
BleedingBreeg Moscow
dickesKind Germany
SUGAR74 France
Fabio3110 Netherlands
Riker Netherlands
Vincat central US

This means these battles have yet to be resolved:
jimthechip Hugh2711
AngelDeath Abdurrahman1
Nicknilsbart Kingshafter
Darion glchur
Topper PoppyK
Signum herrmann
Robterdam Lifever
skylarker6391 Andrewcooke71
DCK Tschemo
alexrus ClaireRedfieldU
hansstory gw15
Whitescale DeaconBlue
cwpick Hugh Moore
slimdawg101 puddleduck
Netballman Indywise
armstein CJ68
IronCouncil Firefly
woken tgajr74
Zachmann andifroen
COED14 Frighteningfred
Carltonace1 bluefin
docsh red1971
Osderos Elpatriarche
fcastrotello the_white_whale
Padisha drkjell
Stefano63 Didi960
deandodson Wolfepanzer
alfredoallu Bombur
Voievodul hph1974
Markusr1307 Acetanker
levine117 khip25
DD_Ovy sudnesh
Gerg71 ThrudtheMighty

This means I need an update from a lot of people in a short amount of time, please get into contact with me and let me know the outcome of your matches. My plan is to get the results from the rest of the matches and use the weekend to organize Round 2, Norway. But I need to know the results, so please contact me if anything I have here is not right or if you have the result of your match.

Happy Valentine's Day/Ash Wednesday

and as always...Stay Lutheran my Friends. ;)
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
AMDonline
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AMDonline »

my sister in the Philippines is doing just fine
am glad to hear that, espically after i sent her $7000 to buy medicine.
Indywise

Post by Indywise »

Netballman vs Indywise result is just in.

Indywise wins as Germans Turn 13, Netballman wins as Germans Turn 14.

So a win for Indywise, but a really close game that went to the wire.

Really enjoyed my opening game, good luck to Netballman in the next round.
IronCouncil
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by IronCouncil »

Report IronCouncil vs. Firefly

Iron Council Axis win turn 13
Iron Council Allies win turn 17 (Yes, this machine killed fascists slowly ...)

A good match. It has been a pleasure to play with Firefly as my opponent. Cheers and keep it up everybody!
“[...] War endures. [...] War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”
- C. McCarthy, Blood Meridian
Voievodul
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Voievodul »

Voievodul -vs- hph1974
The game is in progress.
Actually, me (Voievodul) as Germany, won in 10 rounds. Great match for both.
In the other game we have managed to the 10”th round as well, but keep playing and i am trying to resist, as polish. My opponent (hph1974) has sent message to me saying will be gone for 5 days (untill monday).
What do we have to do?
Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion
Panzer Corps World Champion

Post by Lifever »

Robterdam vs. Lifever

Lifever Axis win turn 10 ("My Austrian English is a little rusty. What's the word I'm looking for? ... Blitz.... Blitzcorp? So close..." )

Robterdam Axis win turn 17 ("Polish forces are holding the east side of the Vistula river... re-grouping. 2 guys make a group, right? And by group I mean army...")

Highlights:
* Shielding the potential loss of an AT-gun with my juice tank and blocking it's retreat while at it. I mean hey... those tanks are bad for the planet anyway. I can recommend it if you want to convince your opponent you are new to the game and... maybe also an idiot...

* Hiding the solid Polish bomber for the whole game to get the precision kill (in one of the last turns) when the enemy is crossing the river.... Everything set up perfectly... just 2 strength to kill right on the bridge. Easy prey ... easy... and the game was polite enough to spare me the "blub"-sample of artillery missing in the river. :(

* Counterattack with the polish close to the start.. up until the point where I found out Rob really is into artillery - and fireworks. And Polish Infantry can do a lot of cool stuff like looking like tough mountain guys. That only works as long as they are not actually fighting...

* Flying my glorious 105 artillery piece out of Cracow when it got too krauted. At the airport: "What do you mean no flights? Did you check with all the airlines?" - "You can always take the train..." That's where that story ended - violently.

* Pure delight when I noticed a guy from Holland, who is even named after a town in Holland (Robterdam), is trying to sneak attack an Austrian over the mountains. Know your role! That's why I would never try naval assault.. or invasion. No need to anyway. Norway sounds like a lot of mountains and snow. Should be great!

* After crushing said sneak attack paranoia set in, so I ended stalking the south mountains with a fighter and 2 units right until the end. "Where is that damn unit? They got to be somewhere... I saw them... I saw them..." Well, revealed map shows: Nobody there. But I know better: Rob disbanded them to tap me into doubting myself. Didn't work. I know they are still there - I just need to look closer!

* Paired game led straight into an identity crisis, so I refueled my Stukas at the Polish airfield... not so much, but it was the last round and there are a lot of flat plains around for a landing ... or touchdown. "I'm convinced those guys will be safe and fine. Besides: Nobody saw it. It may never have happened.."

* Finding out in the replay those Stukas actually were safe! Not that I didn't expect that. I knew it, because it's all part of the plan! (I took the airport close at the end of the turn just to complete the secondary objectives.. .without noticing it obviously had an effect on the planes.)

In conclusion:
We had our ups, had our downs, but most importantly we had a great time.
Hats off to a classy opponent, Rob..sy... however you call yourself sometimes. ;)
Last edited by Lifever on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robterdam

Post by Robterdam »

Congrats to Lifever! I had a very nice game against a superior opponent.
woken
Panzer Corps Tournament 2nd Place
Panzer Corps Tournament 2nd Place

Post by woken »

Greetings folks,

Reporting on the Battle for Poland:
I as axis won on round 10
tgajr74 as axis won on round 11

Close game as his stuka hit me hard.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Lifever wrote:Robterdam vs. Lifever

Lifever Axis win turn 10 ("My Austrian English is a little rusty. What's the word I'm looking for? ... Blitz.... Blitzcorp? So close..." )

Robterdam Axis win turn 17 ("Polish forces are holding the east side of the Vistula river... re-grouping. 2 guys make a group, right? And by group I mean army...")

Highlights:
* Shielding the potential loss of an AT-gun with my juice tank and blocking it's retreat while at it. I mean hey... those tanks are bad for the planet anyway. I can recommend it if you want to convince your opponent you are new to the game and... maybe also an idiot...

* Hiding the solid Polish bomber for the whole game to get the precision kill (in one of the last turns) when the enemy is crossing the river.... Everything set up perfectly... just 2 strength to kill right on the bridge. Easy prey ... easy... and the game was polite enough to spare me the "blub"-sample of artillery missing in the river. :(

* Counterattack with the polish close to the start.. up until the point where I found out Rob really is into artillery - and fireworks. And Polish Infantry can do a lot of cool stuff like looking like tough mountain guys. That only works as long as they are not actually fighting...

* Flying my glorious 105 artillery piece out of Cracow when it got too krauted. At the airport: "What do you mean no flights? Did you check with all the airlines?" - "You can always take the train..." That's where that story ended - violently.

* Pure delight when I noticed a guy from Holland, who is even named after a town in Holland (Robterdam), is trying to sneak attack an Austrian over the mountains. Know your role! That's why I would never try naval assault.. or invasion. No need to anyway. Norway sounds like a lot of mountains and snow. Should be great!

* After crushing said sneak attack paranoia set in, so I ended stalking the south mountains with a fighter and 2 units right until the end. "Where is that damn unit? They got to be somewhere... I saw them... I saw them..." Well, revealed map shows: Nobody there. But I know better: Rob disbanded them to tap me into doubting myself. Didn't work. I know they are still there - I just need to look closer!

* Paired game led straight into an identity crisis, so I refueled my Stukas at the Polish airfield... not so much, but it was the last round and there are a lot of flat plains around for a landing ... or touchdown. "I'm convinced those guys will be safe and fine. Besides: Nobody saw it. It may never have happened.."

* Finding out in the replay those Stukas actually were safe! Not that I didn't expect that. I knew it, because it's all part of the plan! (I took the airport close at the end of the turn just to complete the secondary objectives.. .without noticing it obviously had an effect on the planes.)

In conclusion:
We had our ups, had our downs, but most importantly we had a great time.
Hats off to a classy opponent, Rob..sy... however you call yourself sometimes. ;)
I absolutely love this kind of stuff.

I can tell that a lot of players have had so much fun and so many of them have come down to 1 or 2 turns. 1 match came down to the amount of prestige at the end.

Some really great players on the battlefield that is for sure.
goose_2

armstein

Post by armstein »

Armstein vs CJ68 Reporting in.

Axis (Armstein) win over Poland (CJ68) in turn 12
Poland (Armstein) win over Axis (CJ68) at end of scenario.

Thanks to CJ68 for a good game and see you all in Norway!
CarltonAce1

Post by CarltonAce1 »

Thank you bluefin for the game. Good luck in further matches!
drkjell

Post by drkjell »

drkjell vs Padisha

drkjell Axis wins in turn 12
drkjell Allies wins in turn 17
goose_2

24 Hours Left

Post by goose_2 »

As of right now there are 12 matches left to be resolved. I have received feedback from some of them but not full resolution from the following matches:
skylarker6391 vs Andrewcooke71
DCK vs Tschemo
alexrus vs ClaireRedfieldU
hansstory vs gw15
Whitescale vs DeaconBlue
slimdawg101 vs puddleduck
Zachmann vs andifroen
Osderos vs Elpatriarche
fcastrotello vs the_white_whale
Stefano63 vs Didi960
alfredoallu vs Bombur
levine117 vs khip25

If you are on this list, please let me know the results soon. If you have never contacted me and you are on this list, you have 24 hours to do so or both players will be eliminated as I have yet to receive any communication from either player.

I am doing my best to communicate with everyone in a timely fashion and hope to set up Round 2 to post on Monday, heck I may get a wild hair and just post on Sunday just to give everyone extra time.

I love seeing this many people have this much fun with a game I enjoy.

Blessings on your weekend, and as always...Stay Lutheran My Friends. ;)
goose_2

Zachmann
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Zachmann »

Gentlemen,

Status of my game with andifroen is as follows:

With the Axis right now I occupied all objectives in turn 10. Opponent has one turn to retaliate; I expect to receive an artillery barrage from MODLIN fortress in Warsaw - but would be surprised if the city was retaken.

With the Allies I held all objectives up to turn 10. This game may go on until the last turn is over.
Hansstory
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Hansstory »

Hansstory versus GW15

Hansstory won as Germans on turn 11 or 12.

Other match is on turn 15, hope to be done tonight.
Voievodul

Post by Voievodul »

I have no response from hph1974 player for his turn. I won in 10 rounds as Axis force and waiting his move in 10'th round in second match ( With me as polish force). Any help for this situation?
puddleduck

Post by puddleduck »

Quick update:

I (as Poland) surrendered to Slimdawg101 (as Germans).

We're still working on the match where I play as Germans and Slimdawg as Poland.

Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning..... gotta love Kelly's Heroes!
alexrommell

Post by alexrommell »

I enjoyed the first round. Thanks HowlingEmpath!

Return to “Panzer Corps”