Panzer Corps Tournament 2020

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Round 9 STALINGRAD!!!!

Post by goose_2 »

The final 16 participants, 8 match ups of the best of the best, 8 times these men have battled and come out the better at least 6 0ut of the 8 times, 3/4ths of their matches they win...Now that is a record that is impressive in anyone's book.

First match up is:

This side sets up the match vs This side accepts
A432 * vs Lifever
Whoever wins this match up faces the winner of the below match up in Round 10 Italy, the loser will face the loser of the other match.

Gwaylare * vs coombes545 *
This is that other match, you 2 have only lost one match each and you will both be vying for a chance to take on the winner of the above match up.

The rest are still competing for a place on the podium, just unsure which place that is going to be, it could still be the top spot, but someone will need to garner a win on Lifever for that to happen.

Here are the remaining match ups
This side sets up the match vs This side accepts
Riker ** vs Mkoki77 **
Ins07 ** vs alfredoallu **
jimthechip ** vs Ratprince **
woken ** vs hansstory **
Yoky ** vs Signum **
fcastrotello ** vs Indywise **

Either way same rules apply:

No reloading as always...

Players should be playing both sides subsequently and you will have until Saturday October 6th, 2018 to complete your match so I can set up Round 10. (Italy)

Please everyone accept the challenge by Friday, August 7th so you can get started and get enough time to finish the match. (Woken, please set up match quickly so hansstory can join, otherwise Hans, you can join when you get back.)

Again the Rules for winning:

How do you win a scenario?
Winning conditions will be based on the following:
1) Who wins the match up first. IE: You are playing your opponent and you get the last victory Objective on Turn 12, they do it on Turn 13 You win because you were faster. (Stalingrad may end up being a little different since you can get a Marginal Victory, because you do not need to take the Caucasus, but the more territory you take the better for your Victory.)

2) If you both win on the same day, then it will be determined based on who has the most 2ndary Objectives. IE: You both win on Turn 12, but you have 4 2ndary Objectives and your opponent has only 3. You win because you took over and held more stuff.

3) If you both win on the same day and have the same number of 2ndary Objectives. It will come down to who ends with the most prestige to determine the winner. IE: You both win on the same day and with same number of objectives taken, but you have 500 in prestige and they have 499, you win because of your asset management.

So...If both opponents lose as the Germans, but than it will come down to how much territory the Germans were able to maintain.
Starting with Primary Objectives:

1) You have 3 Primary and your opponent has 2 Primary...You win.
If those are the same...
2) It will then come down to 2ndary Objectives. You and your opponent both have 2 Primary Objectives, but you have 1 2ndary and your opponent has none. You win.
If those are the same...
3) If those end up being the same, the 3rd condition will be a little different, it will come down to how many surviving units you have on the map, not prestige.
So, you have 2 Primary and your opponent has 2 Primary and you both have no 2ndary Objectives, but you have 5 units remaining, 4 infantry and 1 tank, and your opponent has 4, 2 tanks and 2 inf...you win.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Blessings on your match ups, and as always...Stay Lutheran My Friends!

goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion

Re: Round 9 STALINGRAD!!!!

Post by Lifever »

goose_2 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:01 am Are you KIDDING me!?!

won as Axis just not better than their opponent
Ins07 **
:D

Don't mind the details - no controversy regarding the fact that ins07 is a class act and a very polite acquaintance. Thanks for the game and best of luck for your future endeavours.

--

Congratulations to everybody still in it, everybody who just dropped out and everybody who was in it anytime before.
There should be participation awards.
It's like a marathon... just by being part of it you had all the fun there is to have. :)

Btw
It says so in the text, but I don't waste time reading stuff "I already know", so I was in the middle of preparing a massive raid south as Gwaylare told me: Caucasus is not part of the winning conditions in Stalingrad.
So I really appreciate his continuing examples of flawless sportsmanship, as I am sure everybody else does too - especially considering this part right here. ;)
goose_2 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:33 am The rest are still competing for a place on the podium, just unsure which place that is going to be, it could still be the top spot, but someone will need to garner a win on Lifever for that to happen.
Thanks for the support & Have a great weekend!
skr1107
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by skr1107 »

*Egocentrism / *Narcissism (Pardon me, not used to write those words in english. Haha)
Lifever

Post by Lifever »

skr1107 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:26 am *Egocentrism / *Narcissism (Pardon me, not used to write those words in english. Haha)
IronCouncil wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:34 am *Egocentrism / *Narcissism (Pardon me, not used to write those words in english. Haha)

Compliments prove rather ineffective if the recipient sees through the true intentions.
You want the attention of your future Panzer Corps World Champion. That is perfectly understandable.

Now that you have achieved your minor goal, you may find that the result is not like you have imagined. He sees through your Irony Council: it is egocentric by default to think your own opinion about somebody else warrants a posting without any correlation to the actual topic.
It is also unreasonable: By your actions you give spotlight to the supposed narcissist, which is what he would crave for in the first place.
Therefore he has proven that you are guilty of applying a faulty strategy, whilst still successful in achieving your goal. From this day on he will refer to you as attention.. seeker.

Your endeveaours shall not end fruitless though.

He knows you are also guilty of being a desperate fan who feels left alone, not being able to compete in the tournament, not being able to fight for the most prestigious prize in strategy e-sports, only watching from the outside, reading every bit of information that you can get on the tournament, going through endless cycles of Panzer Corps, lacking variation and challenge. Anger is rising in you against those on top, those living the dream, manifesting in resentment of your future Panzer Corps World Champion.
He knows that you are not ready to process that information and share that insight.
He also knows what you think you deserve. And you are absolutely right.
You deserve another video in which your future Panzer Corps World Champion speaks to you after a two month layoff for the sole reason of avoiding emotional pressure on his opponent - a stance of philantrophy and empathy that he has now abandoned for the greater good.
The greater good of passion and promotion... or as you may call it: narcissism.
ratprince
Panzer Corps Tournament 5th Place

Post by ratprince »

Ratprince wins versus jimthechip

I won as German on turn 14.

Still hold Stalingrad, Astrakhan and Sevastopol on turn 16 with Soviet. So, the game has ended.

To be fair, my esteemed opponent misread the victory conditions and was setting a soviet defense of the Caucus mountains and was surprised when the game ended after I took astrkahan.

Good game all around though

On to the next round :)
Lifever

Post by Lifever »

ratprince wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:11 pm my esteemed opponent misread the victory conditions
The best day is an easy payday.
Caucasus trap snapped... congratulations. :D

Edit: Oh... that means Jim is out. He gets an arty salute as well.. :p
Dmitry1113
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Dmitry1113 »

Hello, my name is Dmitry, looking through the section Panzer Corps tournament 2018, I saw reports of dirty Russian players. I know them, they are all from the Russian forum "Strategium.ru" this forum is engaged in the propaganda of pirated products, torrent games, instructions on hacking consoles. I left the Russian forum for three years, I knew rishat personally, this is a very cunning and slippery person. I'm ashamed of my country that in sports that in games. From all Russian players Panzer Corps I apologize to you.
AMDonline
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AMDonline »

its like Lifever defeated Serena williams over here man
ratprince

Post by ratprince »

I mostly just feel pity for cheaters. Their lives must be really horrible and their self esteem critically low to need to cheat on videogames.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

It is quiet...too quiet, if you ask me...

I am hoping most players are at least halfway through their matches by this point in the game.

Any and all updates are appreciated.
goose_2

Gwaylare
Panzer Corps Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Gwaylare »

Our game is running very well and we both are sitting at the doors of Stalingrad, ready to start our attacks. So we are in a good shape to finish in time.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Gwaylare wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:02 pm Our game is running very well and we both are sitting at the doors of Stalingrad, ready to start our attacks. So we are in a good shape to finish in time.
Oh you both are equal with the attack on Stalingrad...nail biter sounds like it how exciting.
Thanks for posting
goose_2

Lifever

Post by Lifever »

AMDonline wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:06 pm its like Lifever defeated Serena williams over here man
Just to be clear on this: I would have no qualms beating a woman in Panzer Corps! Equal opportunities all the way. Are there any?

--- Update on the matchup ---

Turn 6/7 - slow start and progress. Its on me and I take full responsibility so far.. we are picking up though.

---

And here we go again

(On a sidenote: Subtitles for the german part are in the description on youtube.)

It says "Last man standing from the US"... it sounds cool, doesn't it? Technically, that is not... 100% accurate as it turned out.
I put Ratprince in Venezuela... which is where alfredo is from. Sorry Ratprince...

Now I would offer the same apology to hansstory, who is ALSO from the US (and a city with a really great sounding name in Corpus christi, TX), but if you name yourself hans - no matter what your story is - you are German, no questions asked. :p
So there are 3 last men standing from the US!
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Lifever wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:04 pm
AMDonline wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:06 pm its like Lifever defeated Serena williams over here man
Just to be clear on this: I would have no qualms beating a woman in Panzer Corps! Equal opportunities all the way. Are there any?

I do not expect very few women play Panzer Corps, at least I have never met any, and it pleases me that we still have so many from the America's still, for now anyway.
goose_2

Hansstory
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Hansstory »

LOL, Lifever! Your enthusiasm is contagious. I just wish I could beat Woken to stay in the tournament. But all battles are razor's edge affairs now and lady luck, or manufactured through skill luck, plays her part. I am proud to be one of the last of the US contestants left and an honorary German! :D

Great, grueling and awesome Panzer Corps Tournament. Cheers!
ratprince

Post by ratprince »

hehe...I am most assuredly NOT from Venezuala :)

Midwestern United states. Home of the Indianapolis 500 race. (and lots of corn)

Ive been around the world to about 50 countries for Uncle Sam...does that count? ;)
Lifever

Post by Lifever »

@ Women
Will pick that topic up in the VLOG thread. ;) It's interesting, the military background is the issue of course, but the game mechanic is more of a puzzle. Not speaking about a broader scale of interest, but there's a steep difference between none and very few.
Hansstory wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:58 am Your enthusiasm is contagious.
Thanks, that's the idea. And most of the talk about the tourney is even true. Will elaborate soon, don't want to overdo it with the typing again. :)
ratprince wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:00 am hehe...I am most assuredly NOT from Venezuala :)

Midwestern United states. Home of the Indianapolis 500 race. (and lots of corn)

Ive been around the world to about 50 countries for Uncle Sam...does that count? ;)
You had me at Indianapolis. :)
Gwaylare

Post by Gwaylare »

Gwaylare vs coombes545:

coombes545 surrendered in both games.
My germans took Stalingrad and allied defence was almost broken. In my allied game the defence was still well prepared, waiting for the main attack of stalingrad.
Both games had a permanent focus on partisans behind the german lines, but all those sneak attacks were just annoying like gnats.

Thanks for the game coombes545, hopefully we meet again on the battlefield.

Best regards
Gwaylare
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

I only have results of 2 of the matches so far...I am hoping this weekend to be hearing from more of the players left in this epic Tournament
goose_2

Hansstory
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Hansstory »

Woken and I are on turn 21/22. I will be out of town Thursday till Sunday or Monday. Can finish her up then. Our battles are bloody.

Return to “Panzer Corps”