Panzer Corps Tournament 2020

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Gwaylare
Panzer Corps Tournament 3rd Place

Re: Panzer Corps Tournament 2018

Post by Gwaylare »

Hi a432

Snowball was my first opponent and I had a lot of games with him after that. All was fine and very fair.
With the last game against Signum I had the same issue on my side. Reinstalling the game solved the issue for me.

By the way I am proud to see that all my opponents are still take part in the tournament. So I wish good luck invading and defending russia to Sn0wball, agentj23, PAK_Paule, alexrus and Signum. Keep on going.

Best regards
Gwaylare
sn0wball
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by sn0wball »

a432 wrote:Why does it say you are using a custom or modified scenario? Are you cheating? Also why is your name snowball and not sn0wball. Is that really you?

Well I answered my own question using a forum search. I see others have complained about this same issue with games from you. I wonder why it is you who keeps having this problem.
This seems to be a bug in the multiplayer game. I had this from day 1 of the tournament, reinstalling didn´t solve the issue. I just had steam check the files again, no error there, screenshot below. And it is not that somebody complanied about me - I posted this myself on 05 Feb 2018 21:04 in this very thread.
steam.JPG
steam.JPG (67.63 KiB) Viewed 3045 times
As far as my name is concerned - your guess is as good as mine. I noticed that, too. I log on with sn0wball, but my games are posted under snowball. I wonder if these issues are related ? Maybe the user databased is corrupted, and the MP interface reacts to any error with a message about modified files. I guess with the developers busy with PC2, we will never know.

Gwaylare wrote: By the way I am proud to see that all my opponents are still take part in the tournament. So I wish good luck invading and defending russia to Sn0wball, agentj23, PAK_Paule, alexrus and Signum. Keep on going.
Same to you, pal.
PAK_Paule
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by PAK_Paule »

Hallo

I have the same problem "using a custom or modified scenario" when I am start the multiplayer scenario .

P.Paule
sn0wball

Post by sn0wball »

PAK_Paule wrote:Hallo

I have the same problem "using a custom or modified scenario" when I am start the multiplayer scenario .

P.Paule
I was just told that the source of the problem might be the German version ?
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

I believe the "Modified" is a product of the 1.30 upgrade due to Soviet Corps, so when that came out this started appearing...
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
agentj23

Post by agentj23 »

Gwaylare wrote:
By the way I am proud to see that all my opponents are still take part in the tournament. So I wish good luck invading and defending russia to Sn0wball, agentj23, PAK_Paule, alexrus and Signum. Keep on going.

Best regards
Gwaylare
Good luck :)
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

Thank you everyone for clearing up that modified scenario nonsense.

On another topic I have to ask you goose why did you make the decision that we will be playing Rush to Moscow and then Kiev and then Moscow 41? These two scenario are very similar to Greece and Sealion 40, meaning that they both are separate paths in the campaign. Greece and sea lion path both lead to Barbarossa, however Rush to Moscow leads to either Stalingrad or sea lion 42, while Kiev leads to Moscow 41 or Stalingrad.

It seems very weird to be playing both of these missions as there are parallel to each other and represent a split.

In addition last time there was ambiguity in the path you put it up for a vote, however not this time? Please explain.

So far we have been playing a historical path. That should lead us to Kiev then Stalingrad, then Kursk. If you want to play Moscow then after Kiev you could throw Moscow 41, not historical but we would get to play the Moscow map and stay within path.

Playing the Moscow map twice seems very lame. Same map with different starting conditions, prestige levels and extra forts. In addition rush to Moscow seems more imbalanced and less fun then 41.
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

In the similar way that we have voted to not play Sea lion I vote that we do not play Rush to Moscow. The two Maps have similarities.
a) They both are a mutually exclusive from their parallel. Why did we not play greece and sealion?
b) They are both more imbalanced than most maps. Germany starts with nearly 4000 prestige and 256 a turn compared to Russia 1366 and 112 a turn on Rush to Moscow map. This is in additional to the better forces already deployed by Germany both in terms of position and troop quality.
c) neither map seems fun due to the imbalances
d) Both are unhistorical paths

I also encourage others to voice their opinions on that matter supported with reasons as I have.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

a432 wrote:In the similar way that we have voted to not play Sea lion I vote that we do not play Rush to Moscow. The two Maps have similarities.
a) They both are a mutually exclusive from their parallel. Why did we not play greece and sealion?
b) They are both more imbalanced than most maps. Germany starts with nearly 4000 prestige and 256 a turn compared to Russia 1366 and 112 a turn on Rush to Moscow map. This is in additional to the better forces already deployed by Germany both in terms of position and troop quality.
c) neither map seems fun due to the imbalances
d) Both are unhistorical paths

I also encourage others to voice their opinions on that matter supported with reasons as I have.
Thanks for voicing your opinion a432, I have always enjoyed Rush to Moscow as it is a rare map that actually favors the Germans, I did not like the Sealion map as it is extremely difficult as the Germans, that was my thinking as to why not play that particular map. After hearing some others interest in playing Sealion I put it to feedback.

I can open Rush to Moscow and Moscow 41 up to the same kind of vote.

Rush to Moscow (Yay or Nay)

Kiev is guaranteed

Moscow 41 (Yay or Nay)

Stalingrad is guaranteed

Let me know the peanut gallery's thoughts on this.

I am hoping everyone has started their Barbarossa match, I am still waiting for Urban to post our match up.

Deadline is Friday or else it will mean the opponent has forfeited their match up.

Please vote on which maps you would like to see Rush and or Moscow 41.

I like both maps so my vote is yay for both.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

Thank you very much for you consideration and openness about this matter. I look forward to see the results :)

I vote
NO to rush to Moscow
YES to Moscow 41
Gwaylare

Post by Gwaylare »

So Rush to Moscow seems to be a lot of fun, I think. Sure it is unbalanced and the question is just how much turns the germans needs to rush to moskow. This is the old Panzer General spirit, because time is an opponent as well ;-)
Moskow allows a lot of movement, which gives the chance to take risks. So this is a Yes for Rush to Moscow ;-)

So I never played Moscow 41, but I feel it is possible to play both. Sure the map is quite similar, but is different on the other hand. So in the past I played almost only multiplayer maps and a lot of them many times. So overall the opponent makes a map diferent, not only the map itself.
So because I do not really like the maps after Stalingrad, I vote Yes for Moscow 41 either.

Best regards
Gwaylare
jad43
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by jad43 »

Garlich asked what we thought about the next szenario.
I suggest using the Early Moscow szenario...
Rag116
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Rag116 »

Moscow 41 yes
sn0wball

Post by sn0wball »

I add an YES for Rush to Moscow. Given the size of the map, it provides a different play experience from all previous maps. Same is true for Moscow 41, which, in itself, is distinct enough from Rush to Moscow with regard to troop composition.
Dck
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Dck »

I agree with sn0wball, Rush to Moscow would be a new challenge!
Dck

Post by Dck »

I agree with Snowball, Rush to Moscow would be interesting - a new challenge
jimthechip

Post by jimthechip »

I agree with snowball, having to adapt my tactics for the rush to Russia campaign, lets give it a go.
Urban11

Post by Urban11 »

I like Rush to Moscow so I would Vote it a Yes. Dunno the future plans but there are some fine scenarious after Moscow-I'd like D-day (or Overlord), Italy and at last Berlin (maybe East as for me). El-Alamein also a good scenario.
So I would vote no for more than one Moscow Scenario (even I like them) because of the limited number of games.
Urban11

Post by Urban11 »

I vote yes for Rush to Moscow, I played it sometimes and think it funny-and in my games the russian side proved more strong than I'd thought knowing the German superiority. I like the other Moscow scenarios too, but I'd like to play some really good ones after Moscow (even if I have no clear idea of your future plans). I'd like D-day (or Overlord), El-Alamein, Italy, and at last Berlin (East as for me).
So my vote is no for Moscow 41.
Urban11

Post by Urban11 »

I vote yes for Rush to Moscow, I played it sometimes and think it funny-and in my games the russian side proved more strong than I'd thought knowing the German superiority. I like the other Moscow scenarios too, but I'd like to play some really good ones after Moscow (even if I have no clear idea of your future plans). I'd like D-day (or Overlord), El-Alamein, Italy, and at last Berlin (East as for me).
So my vote is no for Moscow 41.

Return to “Panzer Corps”