US Unit Availability Chart

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

turn4441
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

US Unit Availability Chart

Post by turn4441 »

Had a couple of busy days but have finally finished the US Chart. Higher resolution version is at https://i.imgur.com/HqmMcUq.jpg. Lower res is below.

As there is no menu background specific to US Corps, I used a couple of pictures from my Dads' WWII scrapbook to honor all those this game represents. He was a Lieutenant in the US Army Air Corps (in the middle of the back row of the top picture and co-pilot at the time) who was trained to fly B-25s. He was stationed in the Philippines during 1945-1946. They were shot at a few times by ground fire but didn't fly any combat missions and spent most of their time ferrying personnel, supplies, and mail around the islands in C-47s, doing aerobatics in trainers for aerial maneuvering practice (and fun), guarding Japanese prisoners, or searching on Corregidor for dog tags or any other remains of missing soldiers from both sides. Like most of his generation, he passed away in 2013 at age 88 and flew his own plane until the age of 80.

Last edited by turn4441 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
turn4441

Re: US Unit Availability Chart

Post by turn4441 »

I have updated the high-res link in the original post to the Ver II image. Just forgot to list the M4A3(105) artillery as switchable and corrected it. I didn't bother with the low-re one but can if anyone particularly cares.
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

Great work, thanks!

Minor correction, the M36 Jackson is a family upgrade for the M18 Hellcat. At least in the US Corps DLC, not sure if it can vary across campaigns.

e:
I just noticed that's your dad in the pic, that's awesome and thanks for sharing his story!
turn4441

Post by turn4441 »

Yep, forgot an arrow. Corrected version IV is at https://i.imgur.com/HqmMcUq.jpg.
Last edited by turn4441 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

Wonderful work. Thanks!
rubyjuno
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by rubyjuno »

Seconded! Thanks for creating these charts :D
ycloon
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ycloon »

I asked about such a chart on the forum a few months back. My prayer has been answered! Thank you!
proline

Post by proline »

Found another error- the B-29 doesn't come out until 1944
turn4441

Post by turn4441 »

Thanks. Corrected version IV is at https://i.imgur.com/HqmMcUq.jpg. All the previous links above, now also point to version IV. However, note that I also corrected the low-res version which is shown in the OP.
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

The M4A3E2 "jumbo" is arguably bugged in the equipment file in that it's way too strong for its price. Here's it compared to the M4A3, its predecessor, which is only 9 prestige cheaper:

turn4441

Post by turn4441 »

P.S. While I was at it, I also corrected the low-res (shown) versions of the Allied and Soviet charts which I hadn't done when I updated those files to correct errors. They should now look the same as the corrected higher-res versions.

Return to “Panzer Corps”