panzer corps gold question

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

wolfslair71
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

panzer corps gold question

Post by wolfslair71 »

was wondering if I could get some feedback from the community on this one. I have all of the panzer corps games including the expansions. is it worth buying panzer corps gold? are the improvements in gold enough to buy it when I have all the games already? thanks.
turn4441
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: panzer corps gold question

Post by turn4441 »

No. If you already have all the expansions and DLCs and have installed the latest patch, you already have the 'Gold' edition. If you bought it, the only difference would be that you would be out an additional $80. The Gold version is simply for those that are new to the game or only have a few of the expansions/DLCs and, as it includes all of these, it is a substantial savings over purchasing everything separately.

If you have installed the latest patch, you should see 'Gold Edition' and a gold stamp in the upper right corner of the Main Menu splash screen.
rubyjuno
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by rubyjuno »

I had everything already when Panzer Corps Gold was released, but still bought it when it was on sale, about half price I think. Why? Well I install the game quite a lot as I swap about PCs and laptops. With the Gold edition you install one file with one serial number and that's it. Without Gold you have to install everything one at a time, each with its own serial number. I think Panzer Corps and all its downloads are amazing value for money so I didn't mind paying out that bit extra to save all the hassle when installing. Like most things, it's a matter of opinion :?
turn4441

Post by turn4441 »

That is true, and I thought of mentioning ease of installation, but as the OP asked about the 'improvements in gold', I took his meaning to be the differences in game play so I left it out. In your case (Rubyjuno), and probably for many others, ease of installation is an important consideration and of obvious merit.
wolfslair71
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by wolfslair71 »

thank you for the feedback. I went ahead and downloaded the latest patch and I now have the gold stamp on the main menu. one question though, In the description for the gold edition it mentioned mods from the community being available. with order of battle(I have all editions of that game) there is access to a list of custom mods right on the main menu. is there anything like that with panzer corps?
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

wolfslair71 wrote:thank you for the feedback. I went ahead and downloaded the latest patch and I now have the gold stamp on the main menu. one question though, In the description for the gold edition it mentioned mods from the community being available. with order of battle(I have all editions of that game) there is access to a list of custom mods right on the main menu. is there anything like that with panzer corps?

I wish, if there is I want it
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
turn4441

Post by turn4441 »

Unfortunately, that is not a feature of Panzer Corps and you have to go get them yourself. Look in the Panzer Corps: Scenario Design forum page, then check out the lists in the 'Stickies' section.
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

goose_2 wrote:
wolfslair71 wrote:thank you for the feedback. I went ahead and downloaded the latest patch and I now have the gold stamp on the main menu. one question though, In the description for the gold edition it mentioned mods from the community being available. with order of battle(I have all editions of that game) there is access to a list of custom mods right on the main menu. is there anything like that with panzer corps?

I wish, if there is I want it
If you will visit the Scenario Design section of the Panzer Corps Forum, you will find all of the mods that you may be looking for and help to find them and how to use them with the game. Some of the best parts of enjoying Panzer Corps is found with the mods.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

Return to “Panzer Corps”