Initiative anti tank units

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Von Dodenburg
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Initiative anti tank units

Post by Von Dodenburg »

I have read all the stickies, guides and information about the game but I have one question concerning AT units. I read that AT units receive a initiative penalty when attacking amor but I can't see that in the combat details. Is this something that have been changed from an earlier version or is it another Mac bug as I am playing the game on a mac.
turn4441
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Initiative anti tank units

Post by turn4441 »

The penalty is 'relative'. They don't get an actual penalty (negative modifier) when attacking tanks/recon, they attack with their normal relatively low initiative. The 'penalty' is that an attacking AT unit does not get the +3 initiative bonus that it gets when defending against tanks/recon. If you attack an enemy tank/recon with your AT unit, you will only see your AT unit's normal initiative in the combat log (as well as terrain modifiers, heroes, etc.). However, if you attack an enemy AT unit with your tank/recon you should see that the defending AT gets a +3 initiative bonus vs Tanks/Recon in his initiative section of the combat log. So, it's not so much a penalty as the lack of the bonus an AT gets when defending.
turn4441

Post by turn4441 »

Image Image

This is my first effort to upload images, hopefully it works.
turn4441

Post by turn4441 »

Yay, it worked! Image on the left shows an AT attack against enemy armor so normal initiative. Image on right shows my armor attacking an enemy AT so they get the +3 initiative bonus. By the way, this is on a PC so I can't say whether it will show similarly on a MAC although I expect it would.
Von Dodenburg

Post by Von Dodenburg »

Ahh thanks! Now I understand. Thanks for the quick reply! :)

Return to “Panzer Corps”