Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

Post by AlbertoC »

Last year we were able to run a very successful Panzer Corps tournament, the first Slitherine sponsored tournament for Panzer Corps. 32 players took part in it, and misterno won the title of champion! We were very happy with the outcome, and we have decided that it’s time for a new official Panzer Corps TOURNAMENT!

It’ll be even bigger this time, a huge wargaming event like no other before. We’ll be starting the first round on D-Day on 6th June (what better date to start a tournament of Panzer Corps?). We would like to reach a total of 96 players! Whoever wins this will be without doubts the official 2017 Panzer Corps champion! And it’s not just that – if we fill all slots and we reach 96 players we’ll give a truly massive prize to the winner! I bet you’re curious now.

This tournament wouldn’t be possible without the passion and dedication of a pillar of the Panzer Corps community, goose_2. He proposed the idea, and has offered his time and energy to manage the tournament – he won’t take part in it as a player, but will instead take the role of neutral administrator and moderator of the tournament. Thank you goose_2!

You can read about the tournament here: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=77555 Please refer to that thread to follow the tournament's developments and have all relevant information.
TopGun1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

Post by TopGun1 »

TopGun reporting in, sorry to say that my forces have been beaten back by General Woken , who I congratulate and wish good luck for the rest of the tournament.

TopGun as Axis
Woken as Russians
TopGun surrendered with 3 turns remaining.
v8cobra99
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by v8cobra99 »

I would like to join the championships next time.
My email is : v8cobra99@yahoo.com
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

OK I need to get this out because it is the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation and I have been sitting on my thoughts way too long on this game.

First let me say that I am grateful for the message of salvation found in Scripture Alone, based on Grace alone through Faith alone, in Christ alone, to the Glory of God Alone, that saves me and all in Christ. (That is the most comforting news I can share on this day)

OK now to my thoughts on this great Tournament.

First about the honor of getting a character named David (Goose) Garlich in the game. WOW! Just wow, now the Garlich name will live on in not just my 8 kids but in a game. Truly honored.

Second, things I have learned.
1st: Always used a paired game.
2nd: Lay out parameters around winning the paired game.
3rd: This is the best community on the internet. (but I already knew that one) ;)

Third, I have been asked not to share any specific dates around the next Tournament, but I want to give you a heads up so you can share your thoughts, ideas, and most importantly, begin to prepare...

1) It will be a triple elimination Tournament, meaning you have to lose 3 times before you are eliminated from the Tournament, this will minimize the effect of bad rolls and that darn RNG which can doom us all, plus it gives newbies a longer chance to get their feet wet.

2) I will be playing in this Tournament. (It was very hard to stay out last time, so this time I'm in Baby!) :mrgreen:

3) We will be playing the Vanilla Campaign Historical scenarios, starting in Poland and going through as much of the Campaign before the final 2 face off. Not sure how far that will go as it will depend on the number of players, but you have been warned so prepare now.

4) I can't give out dates yet, but it will not be a super long wait, unlike new screenshots of Panzer Corps 2, :oops: (Did I just type that) :o :P :roll:

It will be another Slitherine sponsored and rewarded Tournament, and with the amount of views this topic is still garnering I am hoping the participation eclipses the last one.
(I am seriously hoping for over 100) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

We shall see.

So start preparing and please share your thoughts overall on the Tournament or thoughts on the next one.

Blessings on your Endeavors...and as always...Stay Lutheran My Friends... :mrgreen:
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Return to “Panzer Corps”