Short Questions and Answers

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Short Questions and Answers

Post by goose_2 »

Cfant wrote:Are there any rules concerning weather? I'm playing Wiyasma in the GC-Campaign at the moment and six out of the first 8 turns were rain... wouldn't matter in any other scenario, as in any other of '41 a normal victory would be ok, but here I need a deceisive victory to get to moscow. I don't think that's realistic on a high difficulty level... so, is weather only by chance or has it some rules?

Buddy, we all feel your pain, many, many players have become troubled in the mud of the Rasputitsa. In answer to your question the weather is random, and can very from scenario to scenario, that particular scenario has the rainy weather coming quite often, I am not sure what percentage, so I would watch Night Phoenix's recently uploaded playthrough of that scenario as it was brilliant and something that I plan on implementing on My Manstein playthrough, so I would try this again, after doing that little bit of research. ;)

Blessings on your endeavors.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Cfant
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Cfant »

Thanks for clarification. Night Phoenix play masterly, far beyond my abilities... nice to watch :) Who could ever know, that there may be rain in russia??? :D
Cfant
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Cfant »

Next question by me, Mr. All Time Noob :D I've played through the '41 grand campaign and decided to go west. Better wine in France then dead in Russia :D I'm only allowed to take 9 units with me. Is this a fixed number or is it somhow dependend on something?
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Cfant wrote:Next question by me, Mr. All Time Noob :D I've played through the '41 grand campaign and decided to go west. Better wine in France then dead in Russia :D I'm only allowed to take 9 units with me. Is this a fixed number or is it somhow dependend on something?
Fixed number that I am not looking forward to deciding who to take and who to leave behind. But I am enjoying the ride...

I haven't actually gone West yet but am in 41 preparing to try at Guderian level.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Buffalohump
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Buffalohump »

Going West:

I would like to offer some observations I have made playing the western campaigns.
I will try not to give any spoilers to those who prefer a blind play through. I have played through the western campaign 4 times and I am currently farther than I have ever advanced down the 45 alternative scenarios. I am currently playing at the field marshal level.

First I must admit to a small cheat in that at the cull I use the all equip cheat and convert both Albert Kerscher and Heinz Rondorf to SE units. You are only bringing 4 SE units and I highly recommend that they are all tanks. The prestige cap will affect you greatly through these campaigns and these 4 units I typically keep upgraded to the most current heavy tank throughout the campaigns.

My order of battle currently for the other 9 units is:
3 infantry units-
Oleh Dir, Pioneer; Helmut Wirnsberger, Pioneer; 14th Grenadier with plus 3 defense hero.
22nd SdKfz 232 with plus 3 attack hero
5th StuG IIIF with plus 3 defense hero
2 StuG IIIB with plus 1 range heroes
Fighter with Heinrich Bar
Tac Bomber with Uber Rudel and plus 1 spotting hero
Other 2 SE Pz IVF/2 both with defense heroes 1 plus 2 and 1 plus 3

You will receive a rather generous amount of units through the 42/43 campaign but I would recommend buying infantry, AA, and additional artillery early so that you can begin gaining them experience. I personally stay cheap with all as they are going to take a beating early and I typically lose some units until they become experienced and I begin upgrading.

Always consider upgrade paths when you are purchasing units, you will be dealing with a limited amount of prestige.

Be prepared to disband gifted units in next scenario to finance better equipment purchases. I do this early rather than wait and become emotionally attached to experienced units that I can not afford to upgrade.

Think defensively. There are multiple defensive scenarios in which with the right terrain you can hold up an entire army with a hand full of units. Once the enemy has exhausted his offensive you can exploit with a counterattack with mostly fresh units. Do not be fooled by this you will need every available unit to make decisive victory.
PS: These defensive choke points are great places to gain experience for inexperienced units.

I have found both AA and AT units to be valuable for their cost effectiveness against the prestige cap as opposed to fighters and tanks. I do buy some fighters and tanks but not in the amount I did for the eastern campaigns. However after I complete west 45 I plan to go back to 42 east and apply what I learned on the western front to see if I can have a more favorable outcome there.

Regards,
Buffalohump

PS: The reason I bring the recon car and the antitank is to form a small Kampfgruppen along with Rondorf and a StuG IIIB for penetration raids. The idea being they are strong enough to defeat anything lighter or same size and fast enough to run from serious opposition. I call the units KG Rondorf.
Cfant
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Cfant »

Short question in the Monte Cassino scenario. I have to lead a convoy to "transport cone C" - wehre is this? There is no mark on the map?
Cfant
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Cfant »

Found it. I must have been blind. :)
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

Early West scenarios involve a lot of rushing about with a very small team of units. Good heroes and the multi-attribute specials in particular (eg Kerscher, Rondorf) are important when selecting which units to bring. Also remember to spend all your prestige before you start as it will be trimmed drastically - change unit types within class (eg Panzer 3 to Panzer 4) while you can.

Return to “Panzer Corps”