Patch 1.40

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Patch 1.40

Post by goose_2 »

Hey Panzer Corps is back at the top of the forum, not sure why but happy to see it heading the ship again. :D
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

There is a semi-official patch 1.31 somewhere in this forum.
This, in the Stickies: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 21&t=76489
should fix the attacksub trait.
Also, in this version the AI should return its planes to airfields correctly when they run out of ammo
asuser wrote:load the two new 1.31 files and overwrite the old ones
edahl1980
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by edahl1980 »

Yrfin wrote:After depressing news about PzC II's future, i want to know about fate of Patch 1.40.
Any information ?
What news was that?
Yrfin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Yrfin »

TigerIII wrote:
Yrfin wrote:After depressing news about PzC II's future, i want to know about fate of Patch 1.40.
Any information ?
What news was that?
News was about future of PzC. Something like: "The best 3D show, which you will sometime see in the far far future..."
When im died - I must be a killed.
edahl1980

Post by edahl1980 »

Yrfin wrote:
TigerIII wrote:
Any information ?
What news was that?
News was about future of PzC. Something like: "The best 3D show, which you will sometime see in the far far future..."
That mistake was made before. To bad focus is moved away from gameplay and over to graphics. I never played PC for graphics. Or PG, AG, PacG and so on....
wargovichr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by wargovichr »

I just replayed (again) Grand Campaign from beginning through '42-43 to '45 West.
Easy setting: Colonel.
The "normal" combat setting, I have concluded, is insanely erratic with totally totally unexpected and devastating results. A 12-strength 2-star Tiger II attacks British infantry 10-strength 1-star in open terrain, entrenchment 1. "Normal" combat prediction: 0/-8. Combat result: rugged defense with -2/-4 result!. A 200+ point prestige loss.
Save and re-roll?! 0/-10!! Totally destroyed infantry!!
Me-109K 12-strength 4-star attacks 8-strength 2-star US P-47N with two adjacent friendly fighters. Prediction 0/-8. Normal combat result? -4/-6. Save and re-roll: 0/-8!!!
Fighter strafe against suppressed infantry: 0/0, re-roll 0/0, re-roll 0/0.
I can give hundreds of examples. Makes the game unplayable, period.
I will have had to fire all unit commandeers three times for incompetent combat prediction and performance.
Plane insane. No tank you!
Don't give me "chess" setting, or philosophy.
Fix it. Patch 1.40.
No PC II for me.
rubyjuno
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by rubyjuno »

I completely agree that the "normal" setting is insanely erratic - but I think you have misunderstood this setting. It is not a "combat" setting, it is a "Combat Random" setting (check it out next time you play), so "normal" does exactly what it is supposed to. It is random and that's why I never use it, because it's far too unpredictable and unrealistic. I always use "dice chess" as this is close to the combat prediction with a little randomness, as with real life. If you think it makes the game unplayable you are on the wrong setting, that's why there is a choice :)
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

artillery is your best friend
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
NightPhoenix
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by NightPhoenix »

You should't trust the combat predictor quite a bit. Not only are the outcomes indeed random per roll so it can deviate quite a bit, the predictor doesn't show you properly what your chances are.
An example: say that an enemy unit can attack mine with 3 str, it has a 40% chance of dealing a damage to me per roll (it gets 3 rolls) Under those conditions the game will tell me the predicted outcome is me taking 0 damage on my unit, and whatever damage to the enemy. However the chances of me taking 1 damage are the highest, with 0 damage having a lower chance as i have a 21,6% chance of taking 0 damage and a 43.2% chance of taking 1. You should therefor let personal experience be more or less a guide towards what the outcomes will be. The predictor can help, but it does not show the highest chance outcome in many cases.
Besides, there is no shame in going dice chess or chess mode all together. It's just dependent how you prefer to play. Going full random can be quite frustrating from time to time. There are so any dice rolls in the game, you are bound to see some crazy stuff quite often. And remember, you always only see rugged defence on the very low chances of getting them. Since probably no player would attack into a 60% rugged defense chance you will never see those odds in the combat screen.
wargovichr

Post by wargovichr »

I understand the other options.
Calling insanely erratic and devastating "normal" is wrong, period. Howzabout "very abnormal random." Haha.
Yet in West '42-'45, Allied counterattacks were often very devastating. Someone should collect data on that.
Let me know when it's fixed....
JagdpanzerIV

Post by JagdpanzerIV »

wargovichr wrote:I just replayed (again) Grand Campaign from beginning through '42-43 to '45 West.
Easy setting: Colonel.
The "normal" combat setting, I have concluded, is insanely erratic with totally totally unexpected and devastating results. A 12-strength 2-star Tiger II attacks British infantry 10-strength 1-star in open terrain, entrenchment 1. "Normal" combat prediction: 0/-8. Combat result: rugged defense with -2/-4 result!. A 200+ point prestige loss.
Save and re-roll?! 0/-10!! Totally destroyed infantry!!
Me-109K 12-strength 4-star attacks 8-strength 2-star US P-47N with two adjacent friendly fighters. Prediction 0/-8. Normal combat result? -4/-6. Save and re-roll: 0/-8!!!
Fighter strafe against suppressed infantry: 0/0, re-roll 0/0, re-roll 0/0.
I can give hundreds of examples. Makes the game unplayable, period.
I will have had to fire all unit commandeers three times for incompetent combat prediction and performance.
Plane insane. No tank you!
Don't give me "chess" setting, or philosophy.
Fix it. Patch 1.40.
No PC II for me.
i agree, they should reduce the random to 50%, not 100% whatever can happen. I too do not play at that setting cause it's too erratic and i can't plan any maneuvers efficiently. So i use the 20% option.
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

goose_2 wrote:artillery is your best friend
Yes.
Learn to fear the infantry. Try to not attack infantry with tanks if the inf was not suppressed.
The rng is good, they had to go 7vs1, if possible, in ww2, to minimize the combat results...
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

Today the game is listed as version 1.31 what is this news !?
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 21&t=76489
And what bugs this patch fixes, or 1.4 adds new units , opportunities to dive submarines and planes take off from airfields, and maybe cavalry learned to dismount ?

Return to “Panzer Corps”