Allied Corps relation to U.S. Corps

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Cam10
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Allied Corps relation to U.S. Corps

Post by Cam10 »

Hi I just bought panzer corps on steam after having played allied general years ago on ps1. My question is concerning the dlc's Allied corps which is priced at 14.99$ and U.S. corps 42-44 which are priced at 9.99$ each. I was wondering if the gameplay is the same or if one is superior to the other. I know that much of allied corps is similar to the old school allied general but i was wondering if anything was different or updated in U.S. corps 42-44. Or there any gameplay elements that have changed in the later dlc product. Any information on how these two different dlc compare to each other and if one is contained in the other would be appreciated.
Cerberus51
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Allied Corps relation to U.S. Corps

Post by Cerberus51 »

The main difference is that Allied Corps is mostly a British units campaign with the option of a short US run starting at Torch while the US Corps campaigns cover the same path for the US but with more scenarios and your core army is US units.

Consider getting the Gold edition, it's cheaper than buying campaigns separately.

Edit: the campaign trees should be in the library in the game. In Allied Corps you can fight a maximum of 24 scenarios as the British but only 12 as the US. Across the three parts of US Corps you would fight 27 scenarios. In all cases there are alternative paths so there are more scenarios available than you can do in a straight run through.

Both use the same equipment file. If you want to command US forces I'd say US Corps is the better choice.
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Allied Corps relation to U.S. Corps

Post by proline »

Allied Corps is easier at the same difficulty level and probably a better place to start. It has tutorial levels as well, and starts with a smaller army. U.S. corps tries to keep it interesting by having more varies victory objectives. U.S. Corps has more context as well, but the price is higher.

Return to “Panzer Corps”