Grand Campaign East or West?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

SSLConf_pewp3w
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Grand Campaign East or West?

Post by SSLConf_pewp3w »

Hey, i am pretty sure this has been asked before, but i couldn't find anything via search, i guess i used the wrong terms.

I am right now at Streets of Moscow, and after that there is only Demjansk left for GC41. And after that i can choose between GC42/43 West and GC42 East.
Which one would you say is more fun? I am guessing that the west will be almost exclusively defensive missions, while in the east i will still have some offensive missions left, at least in 42? And judging from the campaign tree, it seems like you can actually win the war in the west? At least the name sea lion 45 gives me that impression...

So far i enjoyed "special" missions the most, the "capture all objectives" missions become quite tedious after some time. Also so far i enjoyed fighting the western units more then the eastern, because in the east so far my biggest enemy has been the weather, i absolutely despise fighting in rain and mud. frozen ground and some snow is okay i guess...
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: Grand Campaign East or West?

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

I would save at the end at Demyansk, and do both paths. If choosing only one however, go west.

In these, '42-3 & '44, most of the time you defend, but in '45 you can play the whole thing by attacking (except Gates of Berlin). I have found these a lot of fun, but in the east, you are iven incredibly hard attack scenarios, followed by even harder defensives (almost as bad as Mons18 - the hardest scenario ever created)

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War

Return to “Panzer Corps”