Panzer II Flamm: Hot or not?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

AnalogGamer
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Panzer II Flamm: Hot or not?

Post by AnalogGamer »

Yep, Flamms are tank magnets. I have started using mine occasionally as bait for enemy tank ambushes. Draw them in, take your licks, then next turn take out two or three enemy tanks for the price of some flamm replacements.

Any unit that can draw enemy out of entrenchment and into the kill-box is a good thing to me.
Elkarlo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Elkarlo »

proline wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:00 pm
Elkarlo wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:07 am :D
MartyWard wrote: Fri May 02, 2014 12:54 pm They seem to gain star faster than most tanks. You can use them to build up an very experienced unit rather quickly then change it to a battle tank.
Honestly they're pretty good and can hit back against decent tanks and not die. Unlike infantry. I've toyed with the idea of not deploying infantry and just having flamm panzers
The trouble with that is that in close terrain the ideal front line is often infantry supported by high RoF artillery. The infantry scare away tanks and the artillery scares away infantry. If you put Flamms on your front line an enemy heavy tank will come and blow them away.
True, they are tank magnets, but treat them like infantry in the open and keep them backed by artillery.
I'm in 1942 GC right now, and probably after Kharkov I'll upgrade him to a tiger, he has a +2 spotting hero amount other awesome stuff.
They work well until 43 when some powerful stuff comes out and wimps everything that isn't a heavy tank
Elkarlo

Post by Elkarlo »

AnalogGamer wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:41 pm Yep, Flamms are tank magnets. I have started using mine occasionally as bait for enemy tank ambushes. Draw them in, take your licks, then next turn take out two or three enemy tanks for the price of some flamm replacements.

Any unit that can draw enemy out of entrenchment and into the kill-box is a good thing to me.
A good way to set up ambushes.
They like the nebelwerfer, whom attract bombers, flam attract tanks. Wonder if I'll make a new one just for this purpose. A non vet I'm not worried about losing it afterall
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

I've just rebuilt mine for the second time in two scenarios, so I don't like them any more.
Rondorf is asking to be transferred to a real tank unit next time.
AnalogGamer

Post by AnalogGamer »

captainjack wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:02 pm I've just rebuilt mine for the second time in two scenarios, so I don't like them any more.
Rondorf is asking to be transferred to a real tank unit next time.
hehe. That is the price of doing business in ye olde Flamm. Some days you eat the bear... some days the bear eats you. What other unit will one-shot a suppressed heavily-entrenched 11-strength conscript in a city?

At that stage in the war... nothing. :)

Worth it at twice the price for the speed-of-advance, and use-of-unit gains.

If your Flamm is going to end up in the lead, then back it up with both a soft(wurf) and hard(21) arty. That way you get some satisfaction as the Flamm points fade away.

Return to “Panzer Corps”