Steam Achievements

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

TerriMcclellan
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Steam Achievements

Post by TerriMcclellan »

Got most of the achievement but that "denied artillery" is driving me mad!
My brain begins to boil every time I fail...
Violent games don't make people violent =__=
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

I did it, I did it, I did it!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I beat Afrika Korps last night blind on Rommel.

It wasn't the cleanest or best playthrough, but it was ultimately successful. :P :D

So that makes 3 more Steam Achievements accomplished.

Italian challenge
Rommel
Greatest Italian medal.

6 more to go for total completion.

And I am a completionist. ;)
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

Finished the Grand Campaign on Colonel difficulty, both East and West, only decisive, no cheats. After sinking hundreds of hour in it, no Grandest Campaigner achievement. I fail to understand why it hasn't unlocked, so I'd sure like to hear some feedback from someone who actually got this *&%@# achiev. I also got the relevant saves available, should anyone need them.
And this might be a good opportunity to see this great community (quoted from a general friend 8) ) actually help with something achievement-related.
Last edited by Rork on Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

One week later, guess my General friend was wrong.
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

This from tech support:
AlbertoC wrote:It looks like it's a bug and that achievement is currently broken.

We reported the problem to the Devs but we don't know when they will be able to fix it, busy as they are with Panzer Corps 2.
Nilex
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Nilex »

Meh, they can add "Great Colonel" (Win a campaign on Colonel difficulty) on the broken achievements list. That is on plain base Campaign, DV on 3rd USA map. Pretty sloppy chievo coding, not just from my own example but from many other ones I have seen. I just did not expect it to happen on the very first roadblock.

Would someone please send me a savegame before winning the base Campaign? Maybe the bug is just isolated to my playthrough. I have no way of knowing. I do know I won't be replaying 80 hours of CtrlL Corps just to find out... :twisted:
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

I'm pretty sure that particular achievement works fine, but, come to think of it, I got it prior to the Gold Edition, so who knows... Maybe someone got it recently and can shed some light on this. Have you checked your game conditions (press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+A while in game)? If "Cheats Used" is "True" then it's the player's problem (so to say) or you might've missed a DV.

Just checked my vanilla save it and it has a missed DV (I took a long path in order to get more XP). If you still need it, let me know.
Nilex

Post by Nilex »

Yeah all the conditions are met. Made sure of it and did the research before I even started (I typically do chievs for the extra challenge). From what I have read I believe the Gold update indeed broke the system. It's a real shame because they are easy to code and test. So it came as a bad surprise considering the pedantic nature of the main dev. Well that's enough about that although I gotta say I am glad about "Denied XYZs" being broken.

Gonna shoot you a PM Rork. I also purposely missed a DV so it's perfect.

Oh just remembered, I should say something about "gaming" the conditions - perhaps it provides some troubleshooting help should someone tackle it. My entire campaign is done on Colonel in one continuous fashion. However once I made a save on start of new mission I went back to end of previous one so I could load the map without the Fog of War (to minimize senseless trial & error). These were temp saves just for that sole purpose, I continued from "normal" saves afterwards.
For the final mission did the same save routine but also on Field Marshal, to unlock the 3 difficulties after I beat it on Colonel. But as I found later you can simply change to FM after the last turn of the last mission (on Colonel) to trick the game in unlocking them. Of course I've done so after my regular Colonel chiev failed to unlock so there was no interferance.
Finally, I had 8 SaveCore files instead of just two (start and end of Campaign). Extra 6 might have come from loading new missions under different conditions (FoW & FM)? Again, like before I continued from my "normal" saves made on Colonel without changes from previous missions. I'm thinking maybe those differences in SaveCore files inadvertently triggered off achievement flags? I proceeded to delete all but the first and the last SaveCore, leaving only those which would be created naturally, hoping the achievement would unlock - but still nothing.
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

Yeah, well, missing a DV means stops the unlocking of any difficulty-related achievement. Hopefully my save will help for something else, as it's "clean" from other possible interference (I'm sending it here because I can't find how to attach a file in a PM and I don't have the time to search for this particular option).

There are other "broken" achievs - or ones that work in a curious way, if you prefer. You can find them by browsing this thread. Right now I can think of the one having to do with using only British units or only American units in the Allied campaign: for one reason or another, both trigger(ed) even if conditions for only one of them are met.

To minimize risks for future campaigns, just use the game editor if you want recon work done in advance :twisted: . Not only you'll know what's waiting for you, but also what will come and when as well as spots of interest (such as captured units), prestige flow, weather prediction and others. And it's guaranteed to not interfere with the achievements.

The game saves the core each time it completes a campaign, hence the extra saves. Plus it's never a good idea to change the difficulty throughout a campaign as it will most certainly prevent associated achievs to unlock. If a shortcut such as the one you described works, it's definitely a bug that should be addressed (ha ha, fat chance of that).
Attachments
USA West Coast final.rar
(53.22 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
Nilex

Post by Nilex »

Many Thanks, it finally unlocked. So it was the missed DV huh? Geez...
Noticed your save is from version 1.13 so over a year before chievs were introduced. I found it ironic how it unlocked as such, even with a missed DV.

Oh well, thanks for the editor tip, I can already see the Alt+Tab benefit as oppose to loading a fogless save and switching back and forth. Those scenario files are in /Data folder? Seems only difference to campaign missions are your own pre-placed units. Everything else looks identical. Funny how I have all DLC scenarios (and briefings, etc) in there to see but own just the base game.

Yeah I've been keeping my eye on this thread since I started, such is the life of a completionist (fml). Hope you'll forgive me for smiling after your GC chiev failed to unlock, after reading your post dreading of "elephantiasis-ridden battles" in vain some two years ago. If and when I get it (fat chance) I'll make sure to return the savegame favor, hehe.
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

It worked even with a missed DV? What do you know, will wonders never cease 8) ?
Hmmm, maybe someone will kindly upload an end save for the Grand Campaign which unlocked that damned Grand Campaigner achievement. Who knows, it might solve the problem because that particular one really hurt :roll: . But then again, I kinda doubt anyone else still reads this thread. Come to think of it, I might start a new thread asking exactly that :idea: .

Yes, that's the location of all scenarios (including MP), except everything related to the Grand Campaign, which can be found in DLC/corresponding titles/Data.
IttoOgami
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by IttoOgami »

Surtur wrote:Hi guys,

Here you can find a list of all the Steam achievements we added to Panzer Corps:

Code: Select all

Victorious Bronze	Win 10 campaign battles 
Victorious Silver	Win 50 campaign battles 
Victorious Gold	Win 100 campaign battles 
Prepped for battle 	Finish the Tutorial
Exterminator Bronze	Destroy 100 enemy units
Exterminator Silver	Destroy 1,000 enemy units
Exterminator Gold	Destroy 10,000 enemy units
Conqueror Bronze	Capture 10 flags
Conqueror Silver	Capture 100 flags
Conqueror Gold	Capture 1,000 flags
Influencer Bronze	Accumulate 10,000 prestige in a single campaign
Influencer Silver	Accumulate 20,000 prestige in a single campaign
Influencer Gold	Accumulate 30,000 prestige in a single campaign
Heroic Bronze	Accumulate 10 heroes in the core force
Heroic Silver	Accumulate 25 heroes in the core force
Heroic Gold	Accumulate 50 heroes in the core force
Elite Infantry	Gain five stars on an infantry unit in a campaign
Elite Tank	Gain five stars on a tank unit in a campaign
Elite Recon	Gain five stars on a recon unit in a campaign
Elite Anti-Tank	Gain five stars on an anti-tank unit in a campaign
Elite Artillery	Gain five stars on an artillery unit in a campaign
Elite Anti-Air	Gain five stars on an anti-air unit in a campaign
Elite Fighter	Gain five stars on a fighter unit in a campaign
Elite Tactical Bomber	Gain five stars on a tactical bomber unit in a campaign
Elite Strategic Bomber	Gain five stars on a strategic bomber unit in a campaign
Armored Avenger Bronze	Destroy 10 tanks with a single unit in a campaign
Armored Avenger Silver	Destroy 50 tanks with a single unit in a campaign
Armored Avenger Gold	Destroy 100 tanks with a single unit in a campaign
Aerial Ace Bronze	Destroy 10 aircraft with a single unit in a campaign
Aerial Ace Silver	Destroy 50 aircraft with a single unit in a campaign
Aerial Ace Gold	Destroy 100 aircraft with a single unit in a campaign
Butcher Bronze	Destroy 10 infantry units with a single unit in a campaign
Butcher Silver	Destroy 50 infantry units with a single unit in a campaign
Butcher Gold	Destroy 100 infantry units with a single unit in a campaign
On a Roll	Win a campaign with all decisive victories. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
Master of Bagration	Beat the Bagration scenario as Germany in single scenario mode. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
Master of Germany	Beat the Germany scenario as Germany in single scenario mode. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
Spoils of War	Earn 200 prestige by forcing an enemy unit to surrender.
Strategic Bombing	Neutralize an enemy city, port or airfield using a strategic bomber.
Unsafe Harbor	Scuttle an enemy ship trapped in a port.
Minesweeper	Clear a minefield using a pioneer unit.
Italian Victory	Win Afrika Corps campaign without buying any German core units. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
British Victory	Win any Allied Corps campaign without buying any American core units. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
American Victory	Win any Allied Corps campaign without buying any British core units. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
Denied Air Force	Win a campaign without buying any core air units. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
Denied Artillery	Win a campaign without buying any core artillery units. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
Denied Over-Strength	Win a campaign without using over-strength. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
Denied Elite Replacements	Win a campaign without using elite replacements. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
Denied Reinforcements	Win a campaign without spending prestige mid-battle on replacements and upgrades. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
Under Strength Army	Win a battle in a campaign while deploying only 50% of your core units. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
Lonely Wolf	Win a battle in a campaign while deploying just a single core unit. Difficulty Colonel or higher.
Bargained Well and Done	Accept a challenge in Multiplayer
Thrown Down the Gauntlet	Create a new challenge in Multiplayer
Gladiator Bronze	Finish 1 multiplayer game
Gladiator Silver	Finish 10 multiplayer games
Gladiator Gold	Finish 30 multiplayer games
Wehrmacht Gladiator	Play a multiplayer game on every map from Panzer Corps Wehrmacht
Afrika Gladiator	Play a multiplayer game on every map from Panzer Corps Afrika Korps
Allied Gladiator	Play a multiplayer game on every map from Panzer Corps Allied Corps
Total Gladiator	Play a multiplayer game on every map
Great Colonel	Win a campaign on Colonel difficulty
Great Field Marshal	Win a campaign on Field Marshal difficulty
Father of Blitzkrieg	Win a campaign on Guderian difficulty
Strategic Genius	Win a campaign on Manstein difficulty
Desert Fox	Win a campaign on Rommel difficulty
Greatest German Honour	Gain the highest award for a German unit
Greatest Italian Honour	Gain the highest award for an Italian unit
Greatest British Honour	Gain the highest award for a British unit
Greatest American Honour	Gain the highest award for a American unit
Polished off the Polish	Finish the Grand Campaign '39
Fall of France	Finish the Grand Campaign '40
Poking the Bear	Finish the Grand Campaign '41
I Survived Stalingrad And All I Got Was This Lousy Achievement	Finish the Grand Campaign '42
Largest Tank Battle in History	Finish the Grand Campaign '43 East
Advancing in the Opposite Direction	Finish the Grand Campaign '44 East
Final Chapter in the East	Finish the Grand Campaign '45 East
Fighting on a New Front	Finish the Grand Campaign '42-43 West
Anzio, Cassino, D-Day, Market Garden oh my!	Finish the Grand Campaign '44 West
Final chapter in the West	Finish the Grand Campaign '45 West
The Grandest Campaigner	Play through the entire Grand Campaign
Lucky Star	Survive an attack with a 1-strength unit
Repulsed	Destroy an enemy unit when it is attacking you
Mutual Destruction	Have an attacking and a defending unit destroying each other
Hunted the Hunter	Destroy an enemy unit when it is ambushing you

Is there any way to fabricate the "Mutual destruction" achievement in any scenario? It seems not so hard to get, but so far I could not make it happen. It does not work with V1/V2 rockets unfortunately. One of the few occasions where I had 1 strength units facing other 1 strength units, it never worked out that both were destroyed for me. Any ideas?
Nilex

Post by Nilex »

I fabricated 1 on 1 with regular infantry. Odds were 40% to kill and 20% to die. Overlap happened in under 10 tries and they ended up killing themselves. Save/Load is the name of the game here, but favorable odds will help speed things up. I consider my odds to have been very favorable and getting two inf. units to 1 isn't hard. To see your own odds either Ctrl+Click, or press L (after battle). I recommend they add up to over 50%. Works best with same type of units having similar stats (also same terrain, no weather handicaps, no arty support, etc.).
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

IttoOgami wrote:Is there any way to fabricate the "Mutual destruction" achievement in any scenario? It seems not so hard to get, but so far I could not make it happen. It does not work with V1/V2 rockets unfortunately. One of the few occasions where I had 1 strength units facing other 1 strength units, it never worked out that both were destroyed for me. Any ideas?
From a previous reply in this thread:
On any given scenario, just work yourself into a 1 str. vs. 1 str. situation (hint: use F5 :wink: ), save before the final attack and reload as many times as you need in order to get it. Keep in mind to not alter the difficulty and have fog of war on at all times. The result is much more likely to occur with the same kind of units (same type of infantry, for instance) or with units which usually stand a good chance of destroying themselves (sub vs. destroyer, AT vs. tank, AA vs. Air).
sn0wball
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by sn0wball »

Hooray ! The 2018 Tournament gave me enough MP games to finally reach GLADIATOR GOLD. I thought the achievemnt was bugged, since I have more completed games, but I guess only completely finished games count, not surrendered ones.

Now I have all achievements with the notorious exception of Greatest Campaigner, which, as it seems, I am never going to get. A bit sad, somehow, this.
TSPC37730
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by TSPC37730 »

sn0wball wrote:Now I have all achievements with the notorious exception of Greatest Campaigner, which, as it seems, I am never going to get. A bit sad, somehow, this.
Quite impressive IMO. Well done!
LittleLiLi

Post by LittleLiLi »

Finished some weeks ago the whole Allied Corps Campaign, Field Marshall difficulty, and without buying any US unit, only British units (i.e. British flag): no British Victory.achievement.

The achievement says "Win any Allied Corps campaign without buying any American core units. Difficulty Colonel or higher"
I tried then to replay only 1 campaign in the Allied Corps, Colonel, the D-Day 44 campaign, starting and playing only with the core given by the 1st scenario, taking great care of purchasing nothing: still no achievement.

After 484 hours in the game, according to Steam, and trying to get all achievements but the multiplayer ones, I really wonder what I did wrong with this British (and I suspect US Victory) achievements...
Here is what ctrl+alt+shift+a told me at the last game of the campaign:
https://s6.postimg.cc/dtmgs16cx/image.png

I attach a file, the end of the 19th battle, Salerno. It covers then 4 Allied Corps campaign: Desert 1940 (tutorial), Crete 1941, Torch 1942, Sicily 1943. According to the achievement text, I have passed successfully 4 Allied Corps campaign ... (and finished the 5th and last one several times without success, is spite having all internal game data being ok).
19-(11.05.2018) Salerno, END bef choice.zip
(65.06 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
It is a pity than we must guess the criteria for the achievements, as the 1 line text is not always very clear. By instance, as I want to play Germany as last nation and finish gloriously 2018 or 2019 as a Grand Campaigner, I started with the US campaigns, then the Allied Corps one and the Afrika Korps as Italian. Field Marshall difficulty.
I unlocked the extra difficulties (Patton/Guderian and alikes). You would suppose that winning a full campaign at the highest difficulty would unlock lower difficulties achievement? No, You MUST play only at colonel level for getting the achievement, which I got by replaying the 44 campaign as said above hoping for British Victory ... Very abnormal if you consider what is in use in other games with achievements related to difficulty levels...
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Finally received another Steam Achievement completed End on the Elbe last night, which was quite underwhelming
But that leaves me only 3 left
Grand Campaigner, which apparently cannot be acquired, and Bagration, and Berlin stand alone scenarios which I have only tried once unsuccessfully.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
jeffoot77
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by jeffoot77 »

there are too many steam achivements and most of them are not interesting.

Why not just a hall of fame with only solo finished campaigns ?

To see what i have done or not done , i m obliged to write on a notebook all the campaigns with difficulty i have finished ... it is so difficult to make a hall of fame in the game ??
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
Ronik82
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Ronik82 »

I just recently completed the vanilla Wehrmacht campaign on Field Marshal difficulty and unlocked the additional difficulty levels - however I did not receive the Great Field Marshal (Win a campaign on Field Marshal difficulty) Steam achievement.

I managed decisive victories on most scenarios including all of the three American ones. I once switched the dice roll system from Normal to Limited Dice chess, but didn't like it so I changed back to Normal after the next scenario. No other changes to the difficulty were made.

Did I just have bad luck and should try it again or do you really have to win the vanilla campaign on Field Marshal with ALL decisive victories (including early Moscow 41) to unlock the corresponding achievement? Or would I be better off doing that achievement with one of the other campaigns (At the moment I only own the vanilla game plus Afrika, Allied and Soviet Corps DLCs)?

Return to “Panzer Corps”