Steam Achievements

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Cerberus51
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Steam Achievements

Post by Cerberus51 »

A lot of the achievements are bugged or are triggered without meeting the conditions properly. I just completed AK buying German core units and got the Italian units only achievement, likewise on my first play through Allied Corps I bought both British and US units yet got both achievements for only buying one nationality. I guess not buying a nationality for a single scenario (probably the last one), rather than throughout the whole campaign, is enough to get the achievement

The first scenario of AC 1940 where you start with 3 core units on the map got me achievements for deploying only 50% of core force (obviously I didn't deploy any as they started on the map), Lone Wolf (again as I didn't deploy any) and several of the "denied" achievements.

It makes getting achievements easier but rather devalues the whole achievements idea.
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

The whole achievements idea is rather devalued by default :twisted: .
Yes, there are achiev bugs, but no one from tech support seems to care, so...
Rayrard
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Rayrard »

Yeah the "denied" achievements are stupid. I think if you have an established core and only get SE units or captured units for the campaign, it will give you "denied air" and "denied artillery" as long as you don't buy a new unit of those types in a campaign. It's stupid but I guess "denied artillery in battle" would be a better description of having zero artillery in your army at all times. I guess the auxillary units screw that up with the coding detecting any artillery on the battlefield.

The medal, kills, stars, and campaign achievements are more valid. That's why I'd like each stand-alone scenario to have it's own medal.

I am at 67/80 now with the Armored Avenger under my belt. My best SE tank has about 80 tank kills in Budapest45, but my Rudel Stuka has over 115 tank kills now. My aircraft 100 kill achievement is a bit harder as my best fighter needs 15 kills to get 100 aircraft.
Rayrard

Post by Rayrard »

Got 70/80 now with elite Anti-Air, 100 air units, Grand Campaign 45 and Great Field Marshall.

I didn't get the "Grand Campaigner" though. The conditions were all met and there are no cheats (cheats=FALSE). I got the final message saying "Grand Campaign Won" after Epilogue. The only condition set to TRUE were elite replacements used and the lone wolf and 50% also TRUE and those don't matter. All others were FALSE. I played with the same core from 39-45 and continued with the same group the entire time.

Why didn't I win? Do I have to play all the Grand Campaigns in the game? So do I have to play West 42-45? Those are the only campaigns left for me.

I have those three campaigns, the Grand Campaigner for some reason, the best American medal (I don't have U.S. Corps yet and I can't get it in the vanilla U.S. campaign), and the five multiplayer medals. The latter will be the hardest as I've never played multiplayer! :)
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

Rayrard wrote:Got 70/80 now with elite Anti-Air, 100 air units, Grand Campaign 45 and Great Field Marshall.

I didn't get the "Grand Campaigner" though. The conditions were all met and there are no cheats (cheats=FALSE). I got the final message saying "Grand Campaign Won" after Epilogue. The only condition set to TRUE were elite replacements used and the lone wolf and 50% also TRUE and those don't matter. All others were FALSE. I played with the same core from 39-45 and continued with the same group the entire time.

Why didn't I win? Do I have to play all the Grand Campaigns in the game? So do I have to play West 42-45? Those are the only campaigns left for me.

I have those three campaigns, the Grand Campaigner for some reason, the best American medal (I don't have U.S. Corps yet and I can't get it in the vanilla U.S. campaign), and the five multiplayer medals. The latter will be the hardest as I've never played multiplayer! :)
Excellent work you have exceeded my progress.

Your question about the Grand Campaigner is I believe you need to do the West Campaign in order to get those achievements.

Let me know if you would ever like to tackle in multiplayer as I would love to help you get those achievements. ;)
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Rayrard

Post by Rayrard »

I may be formidible against the AI, but I fear that a human player might take me by surprise and rout me off the battlefield. Plus I see no video playthroughs of any of the strange multiplayer maps so you multiplayer people would have the advantage of knowing the custom balanced multiplayer maps. Are the multiplayer custom unit purchase and placement or is it the same every time you play?
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

I am not sure what you are asking me, the maps are set up the same every single time unless you are playing some kind of mod.

I would take great pains to help educate you and let you pick what ever map you would like to try/
goose_2

RVallant

Post by RVallant »

Oh man seriously? You have to do BOTH east and west for Grand Campaigner? @_@

Screw it, I'll do it next year. >_>
Rayrard

Post by Rayrard »

So I played the Grand Campaign for 39-45 with the east portion AND I just finished the 42-45 West portion and they didn't give me the Grandest Campaigner. I did not cheat at all and I took the winning path to Sealion45 and won.

Although I got my West Achievements to get me to 73/80, I think I earned the achievement given I played all the Grand Campaigns. Do I have to play Afrikacorps and Soviet Corps too? Those aren't Grand Campaigns though.

Does anyone know what the heck happened? I played GC39, GC40, GC41East, GC42East, GC43East, GC44East, GC45East, GC42/43West, GC44West, and GC45West.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Rayrard wrote:So I played the Grand Campaign for 39-45 with the east portion AND I just finished the 42-45 West portion and they didn't give me the Grandest Campaigner. I did not cheat at all and I took the winning path to Sealion45 and won.

Although I got my West Achievements to get me to 73/80, I think I earned the achievement given I played all the Grand Campaigns. Do I have to play Afrikacorps and Soviet Corps too? Those aren't Grand Campaigns though.

Does anyone know what the heck happened? I played GC39, GC40, GC41East, GC42East, GC43East, GC44East, GC45East, GC42/43West, GC44West, and GC45West.

Oh man! I was thinking you would get it if you did both East and West.

I would like an answer to this question as well, because I have yet to play all the way through the Vanilla Campaign and I will be starting through the Afrika Korps Campaign at probably the start to the next year.

I am at 67 out of 80 after finally getting the Greatest German Honour with Uber Rudel with 3500 kills.
Next Steam Achievement should hopefully be Greatest AA unit.
goose_2

Rayrard

Post by Rayrard »

Yeah, I have no idea. I assume Grand Campaigner applies to things in the Grand Campaign folder. I have Sealion in there so is Sealion considered a Grand Campaign?

The Vanilla German, Soviet, Allied, and Afrika campaigns are not Grand in my opinion. The Grand ones have many more scenarios in a small time period.

I am stopped dead for earnings on Steam unless I do multiplayer. I have this broken one and the Greatest American Honor and I don't own America Corps yet to get it.

I don't know why I didn't get the third medal with Rudel with 4700 kills but I got it in the vanilla campaign so whatever.
Rayrard

Post by Rayrard »

goose_2 wrote:
Rayrard wrote:So I played the Grand Campaign for 39-45 with the east portion AND I just finished the 42-45 West portion and they didn't give me the Grandest Campaigner. I did not cheat at all and I took the winning path to Sealion45 and won.

Oh man! I was thinking you would get it if you did both East and West.

I would like an answer to this question as well, because I have yet to play all the way through the Vanilla Campaign and I will be starting through the Afrika Korps Campaign at probably the start to the next year.

I am at 67 out of 80 after finally getting the Greatest German Honour with Uber Rudel with 3500 kills.
Next Steam Achievement should hopefully be Greatest AA unit.
You play multiplayer, so you must have those 5 medals. What steam medals are you missing? You seem to play a lot.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Rayrard wrote:
goose_2 wrote:[
You play multiplayer, so you must have those 5 medals. What steam medals are you missing? You seem to play a lot.
Yes...yes I do play quite a bit over 2000 hours in 2 years. :oops:

My problem is I play mostly multiplayer because it is so much fun.

All the West DLC's and Grand Campaigner so there is 4
I have not played on the 3 bonus levels yet so there is 3
I have not done Bagration or Germany single player 2 more
Do not have Greatest Italian honor or Italian Victory 2 more
Last two are the 5 star AA and 45 East which I am expecting to get around the start of next year, as I will laser like focus after this tournament.

;)
goose_2

hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by hurly »

goose_2 wrote: Yes...yes I do play quite a bit over 2000 hours in 2 years. :oops:

lol for me its different and about 2 hours of multiplayer in "not" exactly 2000 years :wink:
goose_2 wrote: Do not have Greatest Italian honor or Italian Victory 2 more

;)

I'm not a steam dude so my question

there is more than one Italian achievement ?

It seems I have a fixation on Italian stuff doesn't it ?
Nah definitely not wait a sec there is someone at the door .... must be the pizza delivery guy *ohm :oops: :oops:
nevermind have to go cya
Rayrard

Post by Rayrard »

goose_2 wrote:
Rayrard wrote:
goose_2 wrote:[
Yes...yes I do play quite a bit over 2000 hours in 2 years. :oops:

All the West DLC's and Grand Campaigner so there is 4
I have not played on the 3 bonus levels yet so there is 3
I have not done Bagration or Germany single player 2 more
Do not have Greatest Italian honor or Italian Victory 2 more
Last two are the 5 star AA and 45 East which I am expecting to get around the start of next year, as I will laser like focus after this tournament.

;)
You haven't played at Rommel, Manstein, or Guderian? While possible for scenarios and single Grand Campaign years, I doubt I could get from 39-45 on Rommel. I would have to avoid overstrength the entire war. And Manstein in 39 with turn limits and unexperienced units would be difficult. Can't imagine being faced with Polish units with 15+ strength on the counterattack and fortress scenarios with green German units.

If you can beat human players, you can win the Germany and Bagration easily.
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

In one of your previous messages, you mentioned that:
Rayrard wrote: I played GC39 at Rommel, GC40 at Guderian, and GC41 at Manstein.
Now this is a shot in the dark, but I'm gonna assume the Grand Campaigner achievement unlocks only if you play the GC from beginning to end with the SAME difficulty settings. It would make absolutely no sense having the USGC and Sealion count for said achiev, because both were released after the GC, they don't involve in any way the original GC and their core armies can't be reused in the GC.
Last edited by Rork on Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

goose_2 wrote:I would take great pains to help educate you and let you pick what ever map you would like to try/
Would you consider taking more than one apprentice in the matters of multiplayer 8) ?
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Rork wrote:
goose_2 wrote:I would take great pains to help educate you and let you pick what ever map you would like to try/
Would you consider taking more than one apprentice in the matters of multiplayer 8) ?
Shoot me a private message on what you were thinking.

I love answering questions or showing new people the ropes.
This is the greatest game in the world, well to me. ;)
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Yay! This weekend I achieved the 5 star AA achievement in Budapest 45. That makes number 68.
12 left.
Next one should be Finishing 45 East. Hopefully sometime in February.

Just so you know. I first exceeded 500 prestige by using it as an AT so i did not get the achievement until I used in it's AA role.

Happy to have it done, as that last 100 was quite a slog to get to. :mrgreen:
goose_2

Moransky
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Moransky »

It was a surprise to me to get Elite Recon without any troubles. It was in the last but one scenario of GC 45 West, where I got non core 5-star Recon and this achievement with it. :)
Panzer Corps 2 is the most ahistorical game in the history of WW2 games

Return to “Panzer Corps”