Steam Achievements

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Rayrard
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Steam Achievements

Post by Rayrard »

I finished Berlin Redux and Epilogue with DV and my Grand Campaign 44 and 45 East were not unlocked, and my elite AA unit is also not unlocked?

The "half the army deployed" is also unocked on the last scenario. Probably also easy to get the "lone wolf" running around to empty hexes. LOL
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

Well, I had a hunch about the 5-star AA achiev and decided to try it. It took some time to do it, mostly because of the inept AI, but in the end I got the Elite Anti-Air and proven right in the process. In order to unlock that damned achiev, the AA unit must reach 500 XP while in AA mode, that is by damaging an air unit.

(Side note: perhaps the esteemed designers can explain why an 8.8 Flak unit with 400+ XP gets 10 XP for taking out a fort and only 1 XP for downing an airplane - both units at full-strength.)

So yea, thanks for all the the answers that... o wait, there were none :twisted: .
Last edited by Rork on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

Rayrard wrote:I finished Berlin Redux and Epilogue with DV and my Grand Campaign 44 and 45 East were not unlocked, and my elite AA unit is also not unlocked?
For the AA achiev, see my message above. Hopefully you still have a save with some enemy air units left.
For your Grand Campaign experience, it's worrisome. I don't intend to go through all those elephantiasis-ridden battles and not get the achievs. Have you checked if all the achiev conditons are met (CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+A)?
Rayrard wrote:The "half the army deployed" is also unocked on the last scenario. Probably also easy to get the "lone wolf" running around to empty hexes. LOL
Easier solution with the AK campaign, less wasted time. But then again, since you're already at the end of the Grand Campaign, you can always restart and play with just one core unit (+ any SE units).
Last edited by Rork on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rayrard

Post by Rayrard »

Not sure what the Ctrl/Alt/Shift/A does besides list the criteria for different awards and saying if you did them or not. Like it says "deployed more than 1 core unit" and "bought aircraft" I assume pertaining to that scenario. In the "missed DV" is says FALSE so I didn't miss the decisive yet. This was saved at turn 31 in Berlin Redux.

I get the AA thing but my AA was at 502 at Epilogue and my 88 is 472 and cannot gain more than one damn point even when vaporizing a Meteor or B17. Don't know how Flak gains points at all early on? I will have to replay Berlin from the save at turn 31 and try and get my AA over to the last wave of Russian fighters ASAP.

I don't know what I can do to force the game to recognize I won Campaign 45. I mean it says "WON GRAND CAMPAIGN" and debriefs me and goes to the Main Menu. I won redux to get to the Epilogue battle so that isn't an issue.

Also tried Epilogue with the one AA gun and 3 SE Tigers to go get the objectives. Didn't get lone wolf even though the Cntr/Alt/Shift/A said "deployed more than one core unit" was FALSE. I thought you could use SE units and they don't count?
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

Rayrard wrote:Not sure what the Ctrl/Alt/Shift/A does besides list the criteria for different awards and saying if you did them or not. Like it says "deployed more than 1 core unit" and "bought aircraft" I assume pertaining to that scenario. In the "missed DV" is says FALSE so I didn't miss the decisive yet. This was saved at turn 31 in Berlin Redux.
I don't know what I can do to force the game to recognize I won Campaign 45. I mean it says "WON GRAND CAMPAIGN" and debriefs me and goes to the Main Menu. I won redux to get to the Epilogue battle so that isn't an issue.
It says if you used cheats. For instance, in my case, when I first played the GC (didn't own the game then), I adjusted the prestige loss incured when upgrading ovestrength units to "different" equipment, because at the time I thought it was a bug (only later did I found out it was a feature :roll: ). The thing was embedded in the saved core army and followed me in the Sealion campaign, thereby nullifying any achievs that I might've got then.
And there also might be an issue if you've played a custom difficulty.
Last but not least, there's always the tech support forum... although this thread was supposed to do just that for any achiev-related issues.
Rayrard wrote:I get the AA thing but my AA was at 502 at Epilogue and my 88 is 472 and cannot gain more than one damn point even when vaporizing a Meteor or B17. (...) I will have to replay Berlin from the save at turn 31 and try and get my AA over to the last wave of Russian fighters ASAP.
I had the same problem in British India with my 88. It entered the battle with 479 XP and I had to replay the first 7 or 8 turns in order to get it as high as possible (497 I think it was) by destroying a fort and two bunkers, then keeping it close to units left open to repeated enemy air attacks (while avoiding the, er, "unexpected encounters") so as to get to 500... one point at a time.
I can see some logic in having to pay full price when upgrading to another tech line (tho upgrade is the wrong word to use then imho) and even in losing overstrength points when doing so (the crew retains its experience, but mastery over new equipment must be re-trained and yadda-yadda), but absolutely none when an unit gains minimal experience when doing best what it's supposed to do. Or mayhap the whole thing is too subtle for me :mrgreen: .
Rayrard wrote:Don't know how Flak gains points at all early on?
Right now, using AA units that can be switched to AT (the Russians have at least one) is the best chance for getting elite AA as you can attack ground targets for more XP. (I seem to remember that in Panzer General and/or its subsequent reincarnations some mobile AA units could attack ground targets.) Also early on use AA as much as possible for first fire; softening a target instead of taking out one means more damage, i.e. more XP.
Rayrard wrote:Also tried Epilogue with the one AA gun and 3 SE Tigers to go get the objectives. Didn't get lone wolf even though the Cntr/Alt/Shift/A said "deployed more than one core unit" was FALSE. I thought you could use SE units and they don't count?
They don't, so my guess is that for this particular achievement the Epilogue doesn't count as a battle. But then again, you said it unlocked the half army achiev...
Rayrard

Post by Rayrard »

I don't have achievements for 44 or 45 east and I have not used any cheat for prestige or saving a unit or changing any game parameters while playing.

The only thing that I cheated (literally the only thing) was on one battle I think where you have to defend a city they have a Me-163 Komet that I overstrengthed to 15. That was for that one time and that one battle, and I never did that in the 45 campaign. Did that one little thing screw up the entire campaign?
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

Rayrard wrote:Did that one little thing screw up the entire campaign?
CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+A: does it says Cheats used = True? If yes, then yes... unfortunately.
Doesn't matter what cheat you used, it gets embedded in the core army save. Also if you changed anything in the chosen difficulty settings, say right from the start, it may well invalidate the achievs.

Of course, with no one else pitching on in this discussion and no conclusive search either, these are more or less educated guesses.
Rayrard

Post by Rayrard »

Damn, it does say TRUE next to cheats on Berlin Redux. That one auxillary Me-163 cost me all that time. Bleh. Don't think I'll be playing the east for a while too but I guess if I want to I can pick up at that battle as I save all the deployments for each battle.
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

Rayrard wrote:Damn, it does say TRUE next to cheats on Berlin Redux. That one auxillary Me-163 cost me all that time. Bleh. Don't think I'll be playing the east for a while too but I guess if I want to I can pick up at that battle as I save all the deployments for each battle.
Good thing you have a previous save, but again: check CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+A before deploying to make sure that's where the problem originated.
Rayrard

Post by Rayrard »

I'm at 63/80 achievements and stuck there. I am playing the Grand Campaign and got achievements as I went. I played GC39 at Rommel, GC40 at Guderian, and GC41 at Manstein. All were challenging but doing Rommel in 39 with cheap units with little experience was best. Doing the 15 strength Manstein in 41 was best given the experience I would accrue by then to be able to take out 15 strength units in time to win battles. Guderian in 40 was a challenge to simple get the cities in time with the turn limits. Now I am playing GC42 and 43 on colonel with old rules so I can accrue prestige (I had only 20K by the end of 41). Once I get to 44 I can switch back to the soft cap rule set or a higher difficulty so I can get the 44 and 45 achievements, and hopefully scoop up the 5 star armored car and AA too. With the GC complete I can get close to 70/80 completed.

I have not done multiplayer so who knows about those 5 achievements. I am not familiar with the balanced multiplayer maps so even my advanced skill may not be a match for a human. Playing against just an AI may provide unpleasant surprises against even amateurs that are experienced with multiplayer maps!
RVallant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by RVallant »

May as well post it here.

Are the 'Nationality victory' achievement bugged?

I went through the entire Allied Corps from the start to finish with only British units in the core.

CSALTA says everything is 'false', pretty sure I've never bought an American unit as the end game core is exactly the same as throughout the entire game. :(
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

RVallant wrote:Are the 'Nationality victory' achievement bugged?
Might be. I got both achievements in only one run :shock: , so yea, something might be fishy in there. Maybe post to tech support. Or, if you prefer, upload here your final save so that others may check it.
RVallant

Post by RVallant »

Rork wrote:
RVallant wrote:Are the 'Nationality victory' achievement bugged?
Might be. I got both achievements in only one run :shock: , so yea, something might be fishy in there. Maybe post to tech support. Or, if you prefer, upload here your final save so that others may check it.
Bah! I shall post it to tech support. :( All those hours lost! >_>
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

Did you get triumphs all throughout the campaign? If, for instance, you ended at Berlin West, it may not count for the achiev to unlock - just a thought.
RVallant

Post by RVallant »

Rork wrote:Did you get triumphs all throughout the campaign? If, for instance, you ended at Berlin West, it may not count for the achiev to unlock - just a thought.
Nope. I missed one DV, I think it was D-Day.

But the achievement description doesn't give me any indication it should be a string of decisive victories. (I ended it at Berlin West to see if it would pop, I've actually saved the turn before the last objective so I can win the DV there no problems.)
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

I think you need to go through the entire campaign, that is including Allied Dispute/Advance to Elbe, otherwise it doesn't count for unlocking said achievement. So do this and my guess is you'll get it, notwhistanding DVs all the way (you should be safe as long as you had no loss). Hey, you might be lucky and get two achievs instead of only one 8) .
Yup, a lot of PC's achievs don't include full descriptions, which makes unlocking them a bit of guesswork.
Last edited by Rork on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
RVallant

Post by RVallant »

Eh but Berlin is a win scenario...

Hrm... I'll go try the Allied Dispute now and see if it pops.
RVallant

Post by RVallant »

RVallant wrote:Eh but Berlin is a win scenario...

Hrm... I'll go try the Allied Dispute now and see if it pops.
Well, what do you know... It actually popped. Go figure! Thanks Rork.

(Also the American one popped... Which is a surprise but a bit of a bugger as I was going to do a replay for that anyway just to see the US units differences!)
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

Glad I could help and saved you the hassle of actually going through non-existent support - at least on this topic. Which should be on their agenda now that there's another confirmation that those two achievs unlock at once, which is a bug.
You can do the replay and go for all the different choices you made in order to have the campaign (which is already shorter) as different as possible. And you can go for other achievs, maybe Patton difficulty (if you don't have it yet), which would be, um, "historically accurate", whatever that means in PC :wink: .
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

I finally received my 66th Steam Achievement for completing the 44 campaign this weekend.

14 more to go and I am hoping my next one will be Greatest German Honor or 5 star AA.

(I am pretty confident they will be coming as I am at 3300 kills for Uber Rudel and at 454 experience for my AA, and I will be just starting the 45 campaign.)
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Return to “Panzer Corps”