How to start a multiplayer game?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

timek28
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

How to start a multiplayer game?

Post by timek28 »

Hi all,

I've been playing PC more then enough with existing AI. I know all the possible moves it can make, it's mechanics which is highly predictable etc... Game is fun even with all that knowledge, but I'm getting a bit bored with playing the same way over and over again.

Thus I was trying to play some multiplayer games. However all the challenges that are listed require a password which I have no idea how to obtain. Also I believe if somebody started playing with somebody else that he cannot start a new game unless he finishes the old one. Basically I don't understand the whole PC MP mechanic, and sadly it seems that not too many people are actually playing MP. It seems that every second day a new challenge is issued which is really little games available.

Any suggestions on how to play MP in PC, or is MP gaming viable at all?
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: How to start a multiplayer game?

Post by Razz1 »

PM me for a game or

Click on the tab to issue a challenge and pick a map.

Do not use a password.

Then you are ready for someone to join your game.
the_iron_duke
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by the_iron_duke »

I also tire of playing against computer A.I. (not Panzer Corps specifically, but strategy games in general) and so have been creating balanced Panzer Corps multiplayer scenarios. My quest is to find a challenger who is tactically astute enough to defeat me, so if you fancy your chances then you are welcome to a game.
timek28

Post by timek28 »

Good there are some guys who are interested in multiplayer games. 2 years of playing against AI drove me numb. As far as I can see multiplayer games are arranged in direct PM messaging which is normal for this type of game I guess. Players have to meet at exact time.

I will try issuing challenge tomorrow myself and if nobody answers in an hour or so, I will PM you guys so we can play together. I expect tough matches for me early on as I have never played against human opponent but I will give my best shot.

Cheers.
Shrike
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Shrike »

The multiplayer games use a Slitherine PBEM (Play By E-Mail) server for the match making and turn uploads, so there's no direct interaction between two end user PC's. Players absolutely don't need to meet at some agreed time at all, since the whole game is played out asynchronously. Thanks god for that, because the longest game I've played (on a big custom map) took 3 months and 200 turns :-)
the_iron_duke
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by the_iron_duke »

timek28 wrote: Also I believe if somebody started playing with somebody else that he cannot start a new game unless he finishes the old one.
This isn't the case. I've regularly had a dozen games on the go at the same with Slitherine's Field of Glory (similar P.B.E.M. game).
DONALDTRIUMPH
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by DONALDTRIUMPH »

Does anyone want to play a multiplayer match against me?
RuckuZZ

Post by RuckuZZ »

Hello
I am just starting to learn multiplayer setups,currently in a battle called 1941
I can't see how to implement this battle in issue a challenge ?
Cheers RuckuZZ

Return to “Panzer Corps”